prologue

Unleashed Promise, A blooming love.
PROLOGUE
an unforgettable incident - part 1
 

The sound of rain on the window muffled by the scary sound of the thunder is what makes her somehow awake from her sleep. Slowly, a thirteen years old girl opened her eyes. All the vision came blurry at her and her head somehow feel so heavy. However, she managed her eyes to look out at the rain through her window. The girl called Krystal always up by six o’clock no matter how late she was slept last night. Somehow, her brain system already set up the alarm inside her to make her wake up in this hour.

When the rain has stopped pouring from the sky, Krystal climbed down of her bed and slipped her foot in her favorite fluffy slippers. She takes a step forward into the small couch near the window. Her cute small hands pressed against the cold window as she smiles an innocent and shy smile as the tall, tanned figure who was dressed in a black suit standing up in the big yard in front of her house along with other bodyguards. Compared with the rest of bodyguards, he could count as the youngest one. He barely turned 19 this year. Even from this distance, Krystal was sure if he is utterly handsome. With those deep eyes, plump lips, defined jaw lines and high cheek bones. Her eyes kept staring at him and her heart beat were pounding hard. Maybe she was in the age of her puberty, whereas she started to have an attraction with a male but laid her eyes to the man who so much older than her was an odd problem.

Kim Jongin, a young man who came from Busan is the new bodyguard in the blue house1. In this young age, he had a duty to protect the president and his family. Most of the presidential staff doubt about his skill. He was too young, in a matter of fact. But he did not give up. He shows them how the age won’t affect his work. With the skill he had, he has chosen as one of the bodyguards.

Just like this morning, all the bodyguards were gathered together in a yard before they started their job. He was focused before, but feeling eyes on him, he lifts his head up and his eyes met with the little girl’s in the second floor of the building. He holds a chuckle as the little girl was startled and quickly ran off from the window. Probably she was hiding somewhere.

He knows her, of course. She is the youngest daughter of the president for this country. Krystal Jung Soojung, a young girl with a long black hair and rather pale skin. Her hazel eyes show intelligence unlike the other girls around her age and her thin rosy lips give a perfect touch of her innocent beauty. Everyone was sure when she grew up; she will become one fine lady. A brilliant and beautiful one.

Despite of her title as the youngest daughter of the president, she has known as an introvert and shy girl even around her family, unlike her older sister who so much brighter and outgoing even with the stranger.

Sometimes, whenever Jongin drive her to her school, Krystal always chooses to sit in the back seat and drown herself with her favorite books, pride and prejudice. Was not it amusing and odd how the little girl likes to read these kinds of books that wrote about the girl who deals with issues of manners, upbringing, morality, education, and marriage in the society of the landed gentry of early 19th-century England. The girl in her age would read a book like a comic or a teen novel, not a classic novel like this. That’s make her different from any girl.

Beside her difference from the other girl, Kai also did not know, whether she never comfortable around him or she simply dislike him because every time he try to talked to her, she always ignoring his words. It is make him ended up making a conversation with her older sister inside the car instead. It is not like she never likes Sooyeon, or dislikes her present, but it is quite become a burdensome for him how she always tries to linked arms with him. He was just a bodyguard, and with Sooyeon acting like that toward him, he was scared if he might lose his job later.

Back to the present, Kai’s eyes scanning through the closed window of her room. Something makes his eyes paralyzed in the spot. He was just curious about the youngest Jung, that’s it. No other intention.

“Kim Jongin, are you even listening to me?” His senior tap him on the shoulders that makes him turned his attention toward the taller guy beside him.

“Yeah, I am sorry, seonbae-nim2. I was zoning out.” He smiles apologetically as his head bow politely to his senior.

“Nah, that’s fine. Just do not do that again next time,” His senior, Park Chanyeol smiles at him before his large eyes take a glance at his watch, “It is the time. We need to go now."

1. The Blue House is the executive office and official mansion of South Korea's president.
2. Seonbae is used to address senior in the school or senior colleague in a business environment. And the honorific suffix (-nim) is affixed to many kindship terms to make them honorific. So 'seonbae-nim' basically used when a younger person/ junior talks about or greets someone who they respect.
 
author's note:
the short prologue. it's just an introduction for the main character. yes, right.In this story, one of kaistal's issues are their . please wait for the next update, and lots of thanks for the new subscribers and lovely comments. tell me what you think about the prologue