Requited Love - 01

You and I

*Is there anything more magical than the bright, starry night?* She wondered, whilst looking out the window. It was always her favorite thing to do, at least, after looking at her whole-time crush, but still it was her TOP 3. The third was eating lollipops. Her passion was always singing. She opened up her window, letting a little breeze and fresh air come in, there and then, she imagined herself, being in her wondrous wonder world, singing her own hit song, You and I.

 

Everything was prefect for the whole 3 minutes, until she can hear her stomach growl. She stared at the clock, just right on the top right of her room. "00.30" it showed. *Half past midnight? I hope I don't get fat having a midnight snack at a  time this late almost everyday.* She thought, chuckling. She stood up, and headed downstairs to the kitchen, to cook her favorite treats, kimchi stew. You could've thought it was lollipops. But eating lollipops for a midnight snack? It'll destroy the sense of my story.

 

Anyways, it was a peaceful house. The "Dream High" cast had gathered together for a reunion in Jeju island and had reserved a big villa enough for everyone. It was peaceful, quiet, unlike the usual mornings, laughter and chattering surrounded the whole house, making them feel more like a family. 

 

An unexpected scene welcomed here in the kitchen. Wooyoung was standing right beside the fridge, cooking chicken, yet growling and grunting, holding onto his stomach. IU was out of her head for a few seconds, before she went straight back to the real world after hearing Wooyoung collapse on the floor. IU immediately had a mini heart attack, seeing her ultimate best guy-friend, and a crush at the same time, it's complicated. She went directly next to him. She smiled a bit after seeing that Wooyoung's chest still rose and fell steadily. 

 

*I know I might sound cheesy I might scare myself, but this... I don't think there's even a reason to live if Wooyoung oppa's not here.* She thought, blushing herself. The Dream High cast had always been a family to IU. Suzy as a little sister, Soohyun as an oppa she can rely on, Taecyeon as her caring and playful appa, Eunjung as a big sister, but Wooyoung had a special and soft spot on IU's heart. He was handsome, caring, loving, playful, humorous, just like an all-in-one package. 

 

*God must be feeling happy when he made Wooyoung.* She thought. It's true though, even I, the author, think he's perfect. Wait, ignore the hell out of that. IU looked at Wooyoung from head to toe. *Well, wouldn't it be awkward for the both of us if I suddenly confess?* It's true, she had always wanted to confess, she just doesn't have the courage to, and it would end up even worse, having an awkward situation with your all-time favorite buddy.

 

She eyed him more. *Okay, breathing steadily. That's a big good point. No blood I see, and fried chicken?* She thought, and almost laughed. *Maybe I should wake him up.* With that, she gathered all the courage she had, and shook Wooyoung's shoulders gently. "Wooyoung...Wooyoung...Wake up..." she called out. 

 

"Jieunnie?" Wooyoung answered out, but with a barely audible voice. *Alright, at least amnesia is totally off the list.* IU smiled, yet still nervous. She had never been this close to Wooyoung, well except for scripted scenes, but this was off camera, and it was natural. "umm yeah, are you...alright?" IU managed to say.

 

Wooyoung was probably tired or was acting like a big baby, because he just shook his head. IU was worried sick now, "If you can stand up, I think I'll be able to support you up till your room." Wooyoung nodded. IU got off to turn the stove off before her clumsy crush was going to set the house on fire, as soon as she was finished, Wooyoung was standing in a wobbly manner, it's a good thing IU was able to get him up till his room, yet still surviving.