#003

Drama Trauma

 

003 | VACATION
First Day

 

Yeonhee didn’t expect Key to come to the vacation Director Song prepared. He was really y about it, like he is about everything else. But he actually did come.

Yeonhee got to the vacation house earlier than Key. It was in the south of the country, just near the beach – far from the buzzing world of show business. She was peacefully seating on a bench on the front yard, reading a book, when a van arrived and stopped right in front of the gate.

Key got out first, fanning himself with his hand. He looked pretty pissed off because of the heat. Yeonhee raised an eyebrow on Key's outfit -- he was wearing thick black clothes, really inappropriate for the summery weather.

“What are you staring at?” he asked, frowning more. He entered the house as Yeonhee followed suit, along with some people who were carrying his stuff.

“You really shouldn’t have worn something like that,” she commented as he sat on the sofa.

"Why exactly are you questioning my choice of outfit?” he asked, more annoyed than ever.

 "Because your outfit is inappropriate,” Yeonhee almost whispered.

Key took a look at Yeonhee's outfit -- a flowy white sSongveless dress that barely reached her knees. Actually, the dress was something the real Yeonhee wouldn't normally wear. Roo just made her wear it since she was also the one who convinced her to hide her boyish side for her new career.

Key just shrugged. Actually, Key really acknowledged the fact that what he was wearing wasn’t meant for the heat, but nothing can stop the almighty Key from wearing what he wants to wear, not even the weather. He thought black is the color for mourning, anyway.

“Yeonhee slightly tilted her head and pouted in confusion – oddly, Key wasn’t arguing back. But she blushed and awkwardly looked away when she noticed Key checking her out.

Key just rolled his eyes when she noticed Yeonhee blushing madly. “Ugh, why are you even talking to me,” he said as he slumped on the couch.

Yeonhee wanted to kick him in the at that exact moment -- he looked completely vulnerable. She was fuming, but she thought she had to keep composure for her image.

She was just about to walk away and go back to the yard when Director Song came with a bunch of cameramen, their cameras focused on both of them.

“Hello, my lovely actors,” he greeted with a smile. “I hope you’re enjoying the first few hours of your vacation.”

“You’re annoying, you know,” Key said as he looked at the director. “Why are you here? And what are these cameras for?”

Director Song looked at the cameramen. “Shooting,” he simply answered.

“Don’t tell me—“

“Yes, Key,” Director Song answered even before Key finished his sentence. “Your stay here will be recorded, so you too have to act nice and lovey-dovey.”

Key stood up to complain, but wasn't able to when he noticed Director Song eyeing him from head to toe, scrunching his nose a bit.

"What?!" he asked.

“Key, before we start, go change your clothes. You look stupid wearing that.”

He was speechless.

----

Just one day, he promised. Key and Director Song came up with an agreement that they would only shoot for one day – or else Key would leave and shout to the whole world Director Song got his girlfriend pregnant. Since the director really didn’t have much of a choice, he just had to give in.

Yeonhee actually agreed with Key, though not with the blackmailing part. She would also love to enjoy this vacation – without having to act with Key. With the agreement, at least she still had 2 days to enjoy without cameras focused on their every move.

“Why do I even have to play nice?” Key asked Yeonhee. Key had just finished changing into some comfortable clothes -- a thin white shirt and a pair of jeans. They were in the living room, waiting for the staff to finish preparing for the shoot. “All these are unnecessary! Can’t we just shoot the drama right away and end this crap?!”

Yeonhee glared at Key for the first time. “It’s your fault that we have to do this. If only you did well in that test shooting…”

“AHA!” Key shouted, rising from his seat. “You’re finally showing your true colors, you…!”

And then Director Song came to the set and gave them his last tips. Yeonhee just stuck his tongue out at Key.

“You know we have to do this to promote your pairing. So just bare with it or else we go bankrupt,” Director Song ended with a wink.

And the shooting started. The program was trying to show how comfortable Key and Yeonhee are with each other, ironically, and tease fans for the coming drama. From the cameras’ point of view, everything was perfectly fine. But with the two, it’s nothing near that.

 “Oppa,” Yeonhee suddenly said as she stared at Key from across the dining table. If this is what Roo called playing Key's game, she has to agree with her that it was the best solution. Getting along with Key seemed to be impossible; since she enjoys it anyway, she made a decision to just annoy the hell out of him. And based on her observations, acting cute completely ticks him off.

Key almost puked at how Yeonhee just called her, but managed to keep his composure. “Yes, Yeonhee?”

Yeonhee flashed him a big smile. “You were daydreaming.”

Key was about to roll his eyes at her when he noticed a cameraman beside Yeonhee, his camera focused on him.

“Oh, sorry,” he said as he scratched the back of his neck. “Let’s go to the beach?”

----
Every single cell in Key’s body regretted the words he just said. Key practically hated the beach -- walking barefooted, having to feel the grains of sand stick to his precious feet. The sun even felt as if it were glaring at them. And to top of it all, he had to walk hand in hand with his worst enemy!

Key slowly let go of Yeonhee's hand and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. He pulled her nearer and whispered to her ear. “You should know that I’m not enjoying this.”

Yeonhee looked at him with a fake smile. “It’s your damn fault,” she said under her breath.

Key was taken aback at how Yeonhee answered him. She usually doesn't fight back. She has a point, though.

But actually—

Key doesn’t care.

 “Oh look!” Key suddenly shouted, pointing at the wide ocean. She followed his stare and without her noticing, Key lifted her on her feet and dropped her in the water. Key laughed at his own wickedness.

Yeonhee was shocked. But it didn’t take long for her to grab Key’s hand and pull him into the water.

“Oh no, you didn’t—” he said as he looked at how wet his outfit was. He was practically soaking wet.

“Yes, I just did!” She was laughing really loud.

Key wrapped an arm around Yeonhee’s shoulder and pulled her deeper into the water. He started to tickle her, making her laugh like crazy. She tried to tickle him back, but Key ran away.

“You—!” Get back here!” she shouted as she ran after him. Key looked back at her, and stuck his tongue out.

She was about to catch Key but Yeonhee tripped and fell into the water.

“Clumsy,” he mumbled as he walked back to her, as quiet as possible so it wouldn't be caught on tape.

Key offered Yeonhee a hand, and when she took it and pulled to get up, Key purposely fell over her.

“Get off!” she shouted and pushed Key away. Key stood up and ran again, with Yeonhee following him. They stayed there, water up to their waist, running and fooling around.

What the two didn’t notice was that they were already having fun.

---

The two actors sat on the sand, trembling cold, with towels wrapped around them to dry themselves after playing in the beach. They were trying to keep themselves warm with the bonfire some staff prepared for them.

“I see you’re enjoying yourselves,” Joongki said as he sat between Key and Yeonhee and put his arms around each one’s shoulders.

“NO!” both of them shouted and abruptly removed Director Song’s arms from their shoulders. Director Song just let out a chuckle. “Kids these days,” he said as he shook his head.  “You don’t have to hide anything from me, you know. I know what you’re going through. I’ve been there.”

Key and Yeonhee did end up fighting after their water fight; Key got some allergies from who knows what and Yeonhee got a few bruises, but they cannot hide the fact that they enjoyed each other’s company, even just for that time.

Key looked at Director Song who was now drawing a heart with his fingers on the sand. He rolled his eyes – old man really knows how to tease, he thought.

“Ya,” Key shouted, grabbing both Joongki and Yeonhee’s attention. “Day’s almost over, you have to make that cameraman stop,” he said, pointing at the camera man who was taking a video of them.

“Almost,” Director Song stressed out. “We still have a few scenes to take,” he said with a smug.

---
“You have got to be kidding me!” Key shouted as he tried to close his door shut, preventing the cameraman from entering his room. The cameraman was forcing himself in the room, making Key push the door to stop him. Joongki was just holding Yeonhee in the arm, watching them a few meters away.

“Now Key,” Joongki shouted with a sly smile. “You don’t want to waste time, do you? We still have to shoot you in the same bed with Yeonhee!”

Yeonhee’s eyes widen and Director Song just winked at her.

“You erted old man!” he shouted before he managed to lock himself in his room. Joongki laughed real loud, leaving Yeonhee confused.

“I was just kidding,” Joongki pointed out. “It’s really fun teasing him.”

Though Yeonhee wanted to laugh at Key, she only managed to let out a sigh – thanking God she didn’t have to sleep in the same bed as Key.

---------

Sorry for updating real late -- got a few problems logging in and all >.< Oh yeah, I changed the director's name -- Song Joongki. I just finished watching Sungkyungkwan Scandal and his character fits perfectly on how I imagined the director to be. 

I never meant the director to be any existing actor, I'm really sorry for the sudden change. :(