Final

Could Not

 

The young boy was walking down the streets alone.  He was not in South Korea anymore.  Taemin was in the streets of New York City.  The air was cold, so were the people.

He wanted to be away from his friends and family, even his group members. He wanted to be alone.

He wanted some time to think.  He needed something.  He was desperate for something.  He just did not know what.

He didn’t have a relationship and freedom.  Mostly happiness is what he didn’t have.

Taemin kicked a rock, which went off the sidewalk.

He couldn’t have love.

He couldn’t date.

He just can’t.

Taemin went to a subway station and saw a homeless person, pleading for money.  He gave him a $100 dollar bill.

Taemin had money but money was not the only thing he needed.  He needed to be loved by a very special person.

Taemin took a train and sat in the bench.  He saw a mother with a child next to her smiling at each other.

Taemin couldn’t raise a family, if only he had more freedom.

Taemin couldn’t go out in the streets without being followed.

Taemin heavily sighed.

He didn’t put on a smile on his face.

He was forced to smile.  Just for money.  A fake smile.

He got off the train and watched the teens hang out.  They were full of happiness.

Taemin wasn’t.

What was happiness for him?

Since when has he been happy?

He couldn’t remember.  He was not normally happy anymore.

How can he be happy if he does not have any other friends, love, and his family?

The last time he saw his parents were a year before.

Taemin unlocked the door of his apartment.

It was empty, just like him.

He went to the bathroom and looked at himself at the mirror.

“What have I become?”