i.

The Gifted Ability

the beginning; 

 

 

why isn’t this girl speaking?

naeun cringed, quickly pulled her hand off the girl’s palm, and ran as fast as she could, ignoring her new team mates who was calling her name. she was tired, she was tired with the ability she had. she wanted to stop reading people’s mind. people’s minds often irritated her, and she definitely disliked it. with the full speed, she rode her bicycle to the son’s house, the only place naeun could feel insecure.

“what’s up girl? something’s up?” naeun dad said, eyes on the newspaper.

naeun just answered her dad’s question with a quiet murmur.

she went to her room and quickly jumped to the cozy bed, not caring about the dirty uniform she was still wearing.

while blasting some of her favourite songs, naeun closed her eyes and was in a deep thought before her mom, called her name.

“son naeun, came downstair!” naeun’s mom said.

“five minutes!” naeun said and changed her uniform into a simple clothes.

naeun came out from her room and walked downstairs to the living room. she sat on the sofa with her pouty face.

naeun’s mom smiled, “something happened, dear?”

“just another ridiculous day. i heard my friend’s mind which was asking why aren’t i talking; again.”

naeun’s dad chuckled, “it will no longer happen, my daughter. you’ll be moving into a new school.”

naeun, who was actually not paying attention, felt surprised, her eyes widened.

“moving into a new school? you aren’t kidding me, right, dad? to what school, actually? well, the same things will happen again and again, dad. i will forever be able to read people’s minds, and hear their mind which will be asking why am i so quiet, or maybe even worse. like they will think i am arrogant and cold, just because i rarely talk. or, they will avoid me if they already know what my ability is.”

naeun’s mom softened, “woah. hold it right there, girl. it was the first time you talked that much, after dongwoon moved away to the states.”

naeun’s lips formed a frown again, when her mom said dongwoon. yes, naeun used to live with her one and only elder brother, but he had moved to the states to continue his study. back then, dongwoon was the one who comforted the little naeun who was crying all the time because she could hear everyone’s mind.

naeun’s dad put the newspaper he was reading to the desk, “nope. students and teachers there won’t think such a thing. and they won’t avoid you because of your ability.”

naeun scoffed, “how come you can say like that, dad?”

“because this school was created for people like you, who was gifted.”

gifted?! more like trashed, naeun thought.

“okay, okay. whatever. so when will i move?”

“soon. prepare yourself, okay? your mom and i have sent the documents which was needed too. you just need to bring yourself there.”

“yeah, yeah. at least students there won’t give me those weird looks.”

 naeun’s mom went back to the kitchen to finish her cake, “they won’t, honey. they won’t.”

x

it was just another fine autumn day. the wind was blowing the chocolate and red autumn leaves, and it made the weather felt pretty cold, too. naeun sipped her herbal tea while looking absent-mindedly to the flying leaves.

“mom,” naeun said, quietly, eyes still staring mindlessly.

“yup, dear?” naeun’s mum answered, while cutting the cake which was freshly baked, into pieces.

“why does everyone always say that i’m gifted? you know, i don’t really like my ability.” she sighed, “i just.. sometimes, i wonder. why can’t i be a normal person?”

naeun’s mom chuckled, “naeun-ah, you are normal. and your ability? you will find it soon, and i bet you’ll like it later on.”

“but why am i gifted? why dongwoon oppa is not gifted? i hate it. i’m being serious. i’m just tired with reading people’s minds. i want to control it, mom. but i can’t.”

“that’s why your father and i enrolled you to the new school. you will learn how to control your ability, and found the ability which is hidden too.”

naeun didn’t answer. she just kept on staring the sky which was getting dark because it was 6pm already.

x

“DONGWOON OPPA!” naeun screamed, when her laptop’s screen showed her handsome brother’s face.

dongwoon chuckled, “aye, what’s up my little sister? are you being fine there?”

naeun frowned and shot dongwoon a look, “i was actually the one who should ask you like that, oppa. how are you? how is your study in the states? is it good? have you found a girlfriend? introduce her to me if you have!”

“woah, woah. slow down, my princess. i’m being fine here, my study too. though i’m struggling with some new subjects, haha,” he laughed, “ i sometimes thought i took a wrong majority, too. but that’s okay. i’m fine. girlfriend? NOT YET!”

“AH. you are lying to me, right? anyway, oppa. i’m moving into a new school, soon.”

“why so?”

“i don’t know. dad said so. he said my new school was specially built for people who are gifted like me. seriously, i’m tired with reading people’s minds. i’ve told you this many times. I’M IRRITATED.”

dongwoon sighed and he felt sympathy to her one and only sister, “nah. naeun, don’t think like that. i guess dad moved you there not for nothing. he moved you in purpose.”

naeun nodded, “i know. i know.”

dongwoon smile, “cheer up, my little princess! anyway, naeun! i’ll be back to korea this year for  christmas!”

naeun’s eyes widened in excitement and surprised, “SERIOUSLY? I’LL BE WAITING!”

dongwoon laughed softly because of her sister excitement, “yup, i’m serious. i’ve booked the flight ticket too.” dongwoon looked to the wrist-watch, “oh my god. i still have one more class to attend. is it okay if we end up our conversation now, naeun?”

naeun felt sad, but she pretended to smile, “okay. goodbye, oppa! don’t forget to call me on your free time!”

“sure thing! bye naeun!”

“bye bye.”

 


author's note;

first chapter is out! there are so many grammatical errors, right? ;-;

anyway, what do you guys think?

please kindly give me some supporting comments, and reviews too.

ah, and thank you so much, for those who commented, read, and subscribed to this story. I LOVE YOU ALL.

regards,

artemints.