Enlightenment

A Beautiful Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

After a week of planning, everything about the wedding is now set. Jiyong and I will have a civil wedding next week as we both decided to have our church wedding after I give birth. What important right now is that we will get married before my tummy gets big.

And I am glad because everyone around us are excited as much as we do. The reception will be at the Sweet Ssantokki as we didn't invite others. We will do that on the church wedding. Only Bom, Seunghyun, Mom and Dad will witness our wedding as HeeJin Ahjumma will prepare the food and venue together with the girls.

"Omo. I am so excited!" Mom said. Jiyong and I are currently having our breakfast at home.

"Obviously." Dad commented.

Jiyong and I just chuckled. Seunghyun already left for work. After a while, we bid goodbye to them as we are going to Doctor Hye Sun today for my fourth check up.

Later on, we reach our destination. She smiled upon seeing us. "It's nice to see the both of you here again." Then she stare at my finger. "Oh congratulations." Jiyong and I just smiled. "Alright..." She check her folder. "You are on your fifteen weeks already. Starting this period, we can do another ultrasound to see your baby's gender. However, it's not that hundred percent guaranteed as it may depend on the position of the baby."

I looked to Jiyong, he just squeeze my hand. "Can we not do that?"

"Of course. You wanted it to be surprised?" Jiyong and I nodded. "That would be cool." Then she looked at me. "Your nose is a little bit swollen."

I pout my lips. "Yeah and I feel heavy."

She smiled. "That's normal. And you will feel more heavy as the days goes by. You still vomit?" I shake my head. "Good but if you still experience that and nausea or dizziness, don't worry, you and the baby are fine but still, be careful on all your doing."

I nodded while Jiyong raise his hand. "When can we feel the baby's movement?"

"Actually, the baby is already moving since seventh week of pregnancy but since this is Sandara's first pregnancy so she may not able to feel it. However, you can expect that both of you will feel it anytime. All of you have to do is talk to the baby."

"Talk?" Jiyong and I said at the same time.

"Yes. Talk." She smiled. "Literally." Then she get a chart of how the baby change from week by week. "By now, your baby measures about four inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about two and half ounces, about the size of an apple. The baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and the baby can move all of her joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, the baby is likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. So on the next months, you'll probably crave for a certain food."

Jiyong and I looked to each other then smiled. We are both definitely excited. After a while, our session with Doctor Hye Sun ended. While walking on the lobby of the hospital, I wrap my arm on Jiyong's waist. "Let's check a clothing store."

"Sure." Then he put his arm on my shoulder. We were about to turn left when suddenly someone bump our back. "You okay?" He asked me worriedly as I almost stumble.

I nodded then we both looked back. I gasped to realized that it's Woo's daughter. She is wearing a hospital wardrobe with a bandage on her head. I kneel and cup her face. "Hey...we meet again. You still remember me?" She looked at me then slowly nodded and sniff. "Why are you here? You are lost again?" She nodded once more and I was startled as she hug me. "Where is your Mom and Dad?"

"I'm scared." She said instead.

I massage her back. "Why?"

"They are going to put that thing again to me."

I cup her face again then noticed her pale skin. She is obviously sick. "What thing?"

"Dara..." I looked up to Jiyong. "Do you know her?"

I nodded then looked back at her. Her current appearance is making me worried. "Where is your Mom and Dad?"

"Mom is working far away from here."

"How about your Dad?"

"Sohee!" We both looked to the direction where that voice came from. Woo run to us then carry her as soon as he reach us. "Oh God. I thought I'd lost you." She just cried into his neck. It seems he didn't realized it was me as he looked suprised to see me. "Dara..." I smiled a little. Woo looked to Jiyong who just pull me beside him. I guess he already knew who is Woo. "Thank you." I just nodded then his daughter suddenly grab my sleeve. "Baby, let go Auntie Dara's arm." She shake her head. "Don't be stubborn. Doctor Yoona is waiting for us." She burst out in crying. Woo sigh. "Come on."

I looked to Jiyong. He just smiled. "Sohee, do you want me to go with you?" Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter