Lights

Lights (one-shot)

 

It was around dinner time and I was at my friend Yoseob’s house. Even though it was pouring unbelievably hard out there, I didn’t let it stop me from spending time with my friend who I wished was more then that.

            I helped Yoseob move his coffee table out of the way and set up two blankets. It’s our usual Friday routine. We get cozy in sweats and eat pop corn while we watch a comedy. The popcorn was all popped and we were about to start the movie when there was a loud boom outside and the power went out. I let the popcorn that was in my hand drop to the floor in shock.

            “No.” Yoseob whined cutely. “I wanted to watch the movie.”   

            He went and talked to neighbors and the power company and figured out that he would have no power for the rest of the night.

            “No this is a disaster!” he said as he plopped right down on his blanket.

            “Come on, you can live without power for one night.” I told him.

            He shook his head.

            “You obviously don’t know me if you think I can go all night without things like a microwave, TV, light.”

            I rolled my eyes and gave him a playful push.

            “You’re so technology dependent.” I said.

            “Okay, maybe I can handle no TV. But lights? Can you tell me that you can go a night without lights?”

            I got off the blanket and took out some candles that Yoseob didn’t even know he owned. I lit a few and placed them around the house.

            “There you go. You now have lights.”

            He still didn’t look pleased.

            “Candles are all you have right now. Deal with it.”

            “It’s not the lights. It’s dinner. What are we supposed to do?”

            Yoseob pouted and rubbed his stomach. I smiled as I placed the popcorn in his lap.

            “Here is your entrée. The main course is in the kitchen and it’s an apple. Or something that doesn’t require cooking.” 

            Yoseob started to eat the popcorn still not looking pleased.

            “Are you going to have that face all night?” I asked him.

            He put on a fake smile and looked over at me.

            “Nope.” He said.

            He took another handful of popcorn and before he could eat it, his smile dropped and so did the popcorn.

            “All night I have to go without power. I can’t handle that! What am I supposed to do?”

            I was taken back by his sudden outburst.

            “Well, look at it this way. You will sleep through most of it. Until then the two of us can chat.”

            “Chat about what?”

            “Chat about anything.”

            Yoseob took a moment to think then he grinned in a way I knew I wouldn’t like what he was going to say.

            “Remember how my friend GiKwang asked you out the other day? Why did you tell him no? He’s one of those guys that just doesn’t get told no.”

            I was right. I did not like the subject he brought up.

            “I will admit that GiKwang is very good-looking. He seems nice as well but the thing is he isn’t my type.”

            “Oh, so you have a type now?”

            I smiled as I nodded. Yoseob eyed me curiously.

            “Not only do I think you have a type but it looks like you have a person that fits your type. Tell me who it is!”

            Yoseob was now excited at the thought of me liking someone. He started to eat the popcorn and stared at my like I was a really good movie that he was watching. I looked down and pretended to be interested in the blanket.

            “It’s no one you know.” I said.

            I wanted to make him uninterested.

             “Well then why can’t you tell me? It’s not like I can go and tell him. I really want to know. Please?”

            That just backfired. I shook my head and continued to avoid his eyes.

            “Then can you tell me what your type is?”

            I bit my lip as I thought about it. Should I tell him? I don’t think he could guess if I told him. Yeah, I don’t see the harm in it.

            “I like the cute guys. The guys that can be cute without trying.”

            I finally looked up and saw Yoseob making one of his cutest poses over.

            “So someone that does things like this?” he asked.

            I covered my smile with my hand as I nodded. Could he get any cuter?

            “Then I know who it is.”

            I looked at him in disbelief.

            “You do?” I asked.

            I tried but failed at staying cool.

            “Yes. Obviously it’s Sungjong from Infinite.”

            I sighed in relief.

            “Yes, you are aright. I love Sungjong. He is just too cute.”

            For a second he had me so worried.

            “But…”

            What does he mean “but”? He now has me worrying again.

            “But what?” I asked failing again at staying cool.

            “But he is an idol and you don’t have a chance with him so you settled for liking me.”

            “I didn’t settle.” I assured him.

            Yoseob got up and started to cheer and I realized what I did. I just admitted to liking Yoseob.

            “I knew it was me. I knew it! I couldn’t just say that though because you would deny it. So I tricked you. What do you have to say to that you?”

            Yoseob was clearly happy he got the truth out but was he even focusing on what the truth was? He just learned I liked him and he’s happier that he tricked me to saying it.

            “I have to say that I want to know if you feel the same.”

            Yoseob stopped his really cute victory dance and looked at me in realization as he sat back down.

            “You like me.” He stated.

            Then he smiled wide as he repeated his words with happiness.

            “You like me. you likes me.”

            “Does that mean you feel the same?”

            Yoseob nodded and scooted over and grabbed my hand.

            “For a while now.” He said.

            I was filled with joy and I wanted to kiss him so bad right now. The thing was I’ve never kissed a boy before so I was too nervous to do so. Luckily, Yoseob did the honors of closing the space between our lips and gave me my first kiss. As the night grew on, he gave me my second, and third and fourth. We were both so happy to be together. We could have cared less about the thunderous rain. Thank to the rain, we had to use candles which made things more romantic.

            It soon came time that we needed to go to bed. We stayed on the living room floor and slept together on his blanket and covered up with mine. I fell asleep with a smile on my face and Yoseob did as well.

            In the morning, I woke up to see Yoseob’s arms around my waist and was glad. In a minute, he woke up and celebrated when he saw that the power was back on. My Yoseob was so goofy. I was happy he was my goofy Yoseob though. My goofy and also cute Yoseob that loves technology.

            -----------------------------------

Hope you liked it! ^^