Reincarnation

400 years (reincarnation)

A/N: unbeta so grammatical errors are present~  will beta this when i have time


 

It was November and the autumn just brushed through the city. It was now 11pm and rain heavily poured for hours. It's really unusual to rain at such time of the year but it did anyhow. Litha was stuck in the rain and it was cold. Damn she forgot her umbrella and her high heeled shoes and short skirt is not helping. She waves to a couple of friends and who were all picked up by their boyfriends. She wished she had one too, preferably the one with a car.

A cab parked in front of her and the front pane rolls down, the driver introduced himself as Kim Junsu and offered to bring her home. Litha nods and was really thankful for the accidental blessing. Junsu took out the umbrella and opened the door for her. 

"I prefer to sit at front."

Junsu nodded and he escorted Litha to the passenger seat, taking care not to make her wet. He then drives her home, a question he doesn't need to ask for he knows her more than she ever knew. Along the drive, Junsu wanted to have a little chat with Litha and so he muttered.

"What are you doing up so late?"

He got nothing in reply, he looked at her and saw her yawn and slowly falling asleep, leaning on his shoulder. Junsu smiled to himself and continued to drive. The rain poured heavily and on the middle of the road, the car broke down, Lucky Litha. She did not stir and she peacefully sleeps, Junsu wanted to remain like this forever. But she opened her eyes and she quickly clings onto him when he said that the car just broke down. Litha was not scared at all, but when she saw Junsu, she knew she had a certain attraction. 

Junsu held her hand and looked straight in her eyes muttering words Litha thought would never hear in a million years.

"You look really beautiful.. I've been admiring you for so long.." 

Litha was surprised and focused her stare on the ground, avoiding the piercing stare of Junsu. She formed the words in her lips yet it can't escape. She tries a little harder, stammering in her simple sentence.

"I've been admiring you too oppa."

Junsu smiled and lifted her chin to meet his own gaze. He then slowly leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead. Such sweet moment. Litha touches the spot where Junsu kissed her, stunned and surprised, frozen solid as she recalls how they ended up were they are now. Her face was flushed from surprise but she smiled back at him, sweet smile.

"Would you be my girlfriend?"

Junsu asked all of the sudden and Litha can't react. She was stunned with the kiss, and now a proposal. This is all too sudden. She wished earlier to have a boyfriend with a car, but this is just too fast, and Junsu is a cab driver.. Or is he really a cab driver?

Again she searches for the words but failed to respond. She merely nodded at him before slowly smiling brightly. Junsu was really happy and he hugged her so tight, never wanting to let go. It was really late and all they could really do now is to wait for the rain to stop and hopefully the car would be fixed. Junsu let her sleep on his shoulders as he softly brushes her hair off of her face. Then there was a knock on the windows.

"Master Junsu, we have the car waiting for you.. Why do you even need to pretend to be a cab driver?"

Junsu smiled to his body guard and pointed to the sleeping Litha.

"ahh.. Young master, you finally succeeded.. Congratulations."

---000----
Rain heavily pours and Litha awoken with chills down he spine. She did not recognize the room she is in now and although she tries to fight the bad feeling brewing inside her, she wanted to cry all of the sudden. She noticed her clothes were changed from the hideous office clothes to a very flowy night gown. She did not know if Junsu had taken advantage of he but she would want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Litha nervously stood frrom the bed she lay and surveyed the room, she approached the dresser nearest to the bed where a huge painting of a girl dressed in a Victorian era dress. Her eyes were soft hazel and waves of her long black locks framed her face beautifully. She is a true image of perfection.

"you have awaken Miss Litha.."

A voice called out and Litha turned to see an unknown man who apparently knows her.

"young master Junsu is waiting for you, if you may."

The man bowed and gestured for her to follow him out of the room to where Junsu was waiting. Litha nervously took baby steps towards the man and her hands were balled into a fist, ready to attack when needed; she knows self defense and her father had taught her well. The man smiled at her and walked a few feet ahead, keeping safe distance so as to reassure Litha that he has no bad intentions what so ever. The man led her into a spacious room with a glowing fire burning and soft music played. There was suspense hanging on the air as she took gentle steps towards the fire.

"were you surprised?"

Litha turned to see Junsu walking towards her, wearing what looked like a costume out of Shakespeare's play.

"why are you wearing that costume?"

Junsu looked at his clothes and looked back questioningly, 

"is this not the clothes I wore when we parted?"

"parted? Last time I remember you are a cab driver.."

Junsu sighed and sat on one of the soft cushioned chairs lined with velvet, he asked Litha to do the same.

"you have forgotten?"

Junsu muttered gloomily, clearly depressed at the fact that Litha doesn't recognize him.

"on the balcony 400 years ago.."

"400 years ago?"

This is absurd, why is he talking about history all of the sudden. Litha was really scared now, is Junsu a vampire like Edward? And there was silence inside the room and Junsu decided to break it.

"you told me earlier that you have been admiring me for so long.."

Litha pauses to recall what happened earlier and she did say that.

"yes.. I did say that.."

"but how could you been admiring me when we just met?"

Junsu asked and Litha paused to think of an answer.. Yeah how could she admire such a person she just met.

"well…. I … dreams.."

Junsu smiled and walked towards the night stand and took out something. He then approached Litha and handed her a sapphire necklace.

"maybe this would help you remember."

Junsu muttered and Litha took the necklace and looked at it. Her head started spinning as flashes of scenes from a long long time ago started appearing from nowhere. She closes her eyes as she takes in every detail, every emotion, every face, every kisses, every heart beat. This man, she has been seeing him in her dreams and these scenes are the exact dreams she had, but all of them ended with deaths and goodbyes. Could it be? Can they be? She finally opened her eyes, seeing only the person seated across her, with eyes staring back at her with longing.

"Junsu.."

Litha muttered, soft and almost inaudible, but it was loud enough for Junsu to hear,

"you really waited for me…"

Junsu fights back the tears as he slowly knelt on the ground before her and held her left hand. He slowly inserted the ring and muttered

"Litha marry me.."

400 years of waiting.. 400 years of anticipating… 400 years of pent up emotions.. 400 years is definitely worth it..

"yes"

And maybe 400 years isn't that long when they can finally be together. Litha embraces him as tears roll down her cheeks. For the past few months she had seen his face over and over; in different dreams and time periods. Dreams that are too real to forget, recurring to remind her of the face she knew nothing about and it all boils down to this: Reincarnation of two souls, having their love finally sealing each other’s destiny. In the past, tragedy may have struck them both but this time it will be different and that long time of waiting and searching will only make them both love each other.