❝ the perfect ulzzang eyeliner ❞

( ` ❝ beauty 101 ❞ — how to be the perfect ulzzang

One of the most vital necessities into being an ulzzang is to have perfectly even eyeliner. But it depends on what kind of persona you're trying to go for as an ulzzang. Some ulzzangs want their eyeliner to look somewhat natural and not too overwhelming. This technique is best used when you have a slimmer face and nose and slightly plumper lips. For this segment of this chapter, I will be using ulzzang Pony.

If you can see from these pictures, Pony's eyeliner is rather subtle. On the picture to the left, you may see that her eyes sport fake eyelashes, mascara a gold eyeshadow color and to what seems like brown pencil liner on her lower lash line. On the other picture, her eyes are framed with a very subtle, matte smokey liner along with generous coats of mascara. These two looks are perfect examples of what eyeliner to wear if you're trying to go for a more natural, carefree type of look. 

To do a subtle, smokey brown liner of your own, all you need is a palette similar to the Nyx 'Natural Eyeshadow Palette', the shadow applicator inside the palette, a brown pencil liner, a cotton swab/Q-Tip and an angled brush. 

Simply choose either the lightest shade in the palette it all over your eyelid with the applicator. Next, apply a peachy color (such as the third color in the palette) to the outer edges of your crease like this:

 

Next, simply apply the second darkest color in the palette (the second to last color) to the outer 'V' of your eyes. Use the angled brush to apply the darkest color in your palette to the outer corner of your eye, whilw you blend it inwards and layer it over the color that you applied in the outer V. Apply the eyeliner to your upper and low lashline and wing it out gently. Use the cotton swab to blend it outwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next type of eyeliner, I will be using ulzzang Jin Jae Young. She will be representing the dramatic eyeliner.

Jaeyoung also has a carefree feel to these two looks but the difference between her and Pony is that along with her carefree aura, she also goes for a tougher, 'YOLO' kind of feel, if you know what I mean, haha. In the picture to the left, her eyeliner is dramatically smoked out and covers both her upper and lower lash lines. It is also accompanied by bright eyeshadow that wings out a little past her eyebrow. In the second photo, notice that she has less color on her eyes. In this look, her makeup and clothing are rather neutral. To give it some extra drama and dimension to a rather simple look, she adds a dark, expressive eyeliner to her eyes. Also notice that her liner isn't defined. It has no rough edges. Her eyeliner in these two photos are completely blended at the edges so that it gives off a more mysterious look. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the final eyeliner look, I will use Song Ahri. In these two photos, she is using a jet black, defined, liquid eyeliner.

Song Ahri has a small, young looking face. If it wasn't for the defined eyeliner, she would be looking like a young teenager! Winged liquid eyeliner is perfect for teens to young adults and helps them look more mature. If you decide to wear a style of eyeliner like Ahri, I highly recommend not to wear any bright colors on your eyes. IN the picture to the right, you can see that she is wearing a metallic pigment on the inner corners of her bottom lashline. I think that doing this is perfect the highlight your eyes and make them seem brighter. If you have a baby face, large, defined, liquid eyeliner is perfect for you. In my perspective, I think this eyeliner looks good on virtually any type of ulzzang as long as it is properly applied.


author's corner--- - 

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I'm free to requests and questions so please don't be afraid to talk to me! p.s. can you guys recommend a good graphic shop for me? I still need a main image for this guide ^-^"