Guilty-free date

what goes around comes back around

 

Upon reaching the clinic, there was hardly any patients so it took no time for you to be attended by the doctor. L went into the room with you and sat you down on a bench while the doctor stood up from his seat and checked on your wound. He saw your swollen ankle and lightly pressed on it. You shrieked in pain while he was dressing the wound. After he is done, he returned to his seat and started to write prescriptions for you.

 

“You must refrain from vigorous activities for 2-3 months at least, agasshi. And you, handsome lad! Don’t leave sight of your girlfriend. Here, you just pass this form to the counter and wait for the nurse to pass you your medicine. Then you are done. Remember to change the dressing after your bath.” The doctor spoke straightforwardly. You blushed at the thought of L being your boyfriend but replied softly, “H-he’s not my boyfriend, doc.” in order to not let L feel awkward. However, the doctor didn’t catch what you were saying as he was busy looking at the next patient’s portfolio. L heard it though. His heart felt heavy upon hearing your denial and he had no idea why. You bowed at the doctor and he just waved goodbye to you. L snapped out of his thoughts and helped you out. You guys then went to collect your medicine as L pulled out his wallet and helped you foot the medical bills. You pulled his arm back and L frowned at you.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

 

You reached into your pocket in search of your wallet but you left it at home together with your keys and cellphone when you slammed the door behind you. “I-i will pay you back later when I am home.” You bit your lips and mentally scolded yourself pabo.

 

“It’s okay. I caused you to be hurt. So I will pay.” He guilty replied, looking down.

 

“It isn’t your fault. I was being clumsy.” You redrew your hand and he paid the bill. As you guys walked out of the clinic, he tried to lighten the mood up. “H-hey, after you get better, how about we go on a date together? Treat it as your payback to me.”

 

“M-mwoh?” you looked up and met his shy glowing eyes. You felt that your heart is beating faster and faster. You two quickly turned away from the eye contact. It was awkward again that you can even heard crickets at the background.

 

“Well, if you aren’t interested, it is alright.” L broke the awkward silence.

 

“Let’s see about it in the future.” You mumbled. L caught it fortunately.

 

“Is that a y-yes?” he said as he turned to see your reaction. You turned to face him and wore a sweet smile as you nodded. You had already forgotten Daehyun oppa’s warning by then. All you ever felt was that very moment. If you refused, the chances of seeing L is lesser and you just couldn’t bear to imagine that. L’s heart just felt like exploding from the happiness he is feeling right then. He smiled your favourite smile and you could see his dimple.

 

“Does your ankle still hurt?” he then looked at you with worried eyes. You just shook your head but L just went ahead of you and bent down to piggyback you again. You hesitated initially then you remembered that L will carry you bridal style if you refused and you didn’t want that to happen. It was just pure embarrassing to do so in public. You hopped onto his back swiftly and he began walking. His back just felt like the best thing in the world right now, so firm and comfortable. You can’t help feeling like a ert for thinking it that way.

 

“You know, you are the first girl I ever piggybacked in my life.” L spoke earnestly.

 

“Jeongmallyo?” you asked.

 

“You bet. I never lie. So you are the luckiest girl. I wish I don’t have to put you down ever.” The last sentence came out in a low whisper. You didn’t pick it up but yet you smiled like an idiot when L said you were the luckiest girl. Indeed, you felt like the most lucky one out there.

 

Finally, you two reached your apartment. L turned back for you to knock the door. It took a long while before Daehyun opened the door. ‘Did he fell asleep? Or was he out?!’ you thought. Just then, the door twisted and you saw Daehyun staring at you with his bed hair.

‘So I was right. He did fell asleep at the couch.’ You smirked. Daehyun widened his eyes upon seeing L piggybacking you and entered the house without a greeting. Lucky there was a bench beside the shoe rack for L to place you down. You bowed and thanked him gratefully.

 

“Yo, Daehyun! What are you doing here at Seomin’s house?” L asked.

 

“Mwoh?! Hyung, I should be the one asking you. What are you doing here?!” Daehyun challenged.

 

“Can’t you see that your dear cousin is injured and I sent her to the clinic and then back here? Why, you don’t seem happy to see me!” L pretended to tear.

 

‘You bet.’ Daehyun thought but forced a smile. “Aniyo, hyung! Haha, my silly cousin. Why are you always so clumsy?” as he turned to face you. You could tell Daehyun is seriously annoyed by L’s presence and so you have to somehow shoo L away even though he is your benefactor. Daehyun just walked to your room lazily. “I am rather exhausted. Thank you so much for today, oppa.” You smiled. L’s eyes widened in shock. “Huh?” he managed to say. “You won the race. So I have to address you Myungsoo oppa from now on, huh?” you muttered. L just smiled shyly as he brushed his fringe back. That’s when you saw there was a cut at the back of his arm. “You wait here, okay?” you went to get your first aid box. L just wondered where you went when your ankle is swollen that bad. Then you came back, limping. L caught hold of you before you could fall again. You grabbed L’s arm and faced you. L winced in pain. “See, you were so worried about me that you didn’t know you were injured yourself.” You sighed. “I am sorry for causing you so much trouble. Mianhae.” You tried to fight back the tears as you placed a band aid on his wound. L pulled you for a hug and whispered, “It’s only right for me to do so. You don’t have to feel guilty or anything and I promise you I won’t either. Remember the date?” he lightly push you back and winked. “I have got to go already. Take care, yah!” and closed the door behind him, leaving you in a daze. Daehyun came out of your room and saw you stoning at the bench still. “So hyung left?” he asked and that brought you back to reality.   “Ah-neh.” You replied. “Go get a bath and I will change your dressing for you.” Daehyun spoke. Even though your Daehyun oppa doesn’t like to say mushy stuff, you know he still cares for you as action speaks louder than words. You just nodded and limped your way to get your clothes.

 

Meanwhile, L walked back to his house touching the band aid that you gave him earlier. He had one hand on his head and another clutching his heart as he muttered under his own breath, ‘Now I know why I have been feeling like this lately.’ He sighed and continued, ‘ Because I love her.’

 

As he reached his house, he saw someone sitting outside his apartment. That person looked up and met eyes with L. L’s eyes grew wider upon knowing who that person is.

 


 

CLIFF HANGER ! HAHA, survived first day of sch ~

so crowded with the juniors >.< I hate it. I am already in my second year ~

Anyhoo, how is your monday, peeps? HANG IN THERE! 

A treat for you guys out there before my hell starts. 

Those who haven't subscribe or comment, please do so NOW! :D

SPOILER : Things are starting to get more and more interesting ~