[1/1]

Baby Don't Cry

Youngjae rounded the corner and began the walk home, glad he was finally done with his long day at work. It made it all better to know he had a wonderful boyfriend to go home to. One that had a nice, large meal waiting for him. It made it even better that he was coming home earlier than he anticipated, so he could surprise him by wrapping his arms around his cooking boyfriend, nuzzling his face into his neck.

Coming home late from work wouldn't be so bad, after all.

He silently crept in the house, smiling as he walked in the kitchen. He stopped, finding his boyfriend there, in the kitchen, in that famous apron.

But he wasn't alone.

He was propped on the counter, a different man wedged between his legs, their lips molded together, hands everywhere. Youngjae just stood, mouth agape, tears forming in his eyes.

“H-Hyung?” Youngjae muttered, and the two broke apart, the man between his legs pulling up his fallen jeans, straightening out his shirt, and running past the heartbroken male. “Hyung, why?!” He cried out, letting the tears fall down his face.

“Baby, baby, i-it wasn't...” Daehyun tried to argue, but realized it was hopeless.

“How could it not be?” Youngjae whispered. He just shook his head, walking up to the bedroom and packing his bags. He'd go live with his parents, with his best friend, or with someone else that wasn't his boyfriend.

“JaeJae...” Daehyun dashed up there. “...I was just lonely, baby.”

“You don't think I'm lonely when I'm working my off to pay the bills so you can stay home and sleep with someone else?!” Youngjae yelled, grabbing his suitcase and leaving the house, getting in a cab and just leaving. He really didn't know where to go, and was glad when he saw his co-worker call him. “Hey, Yongguk-hyung...” He mumbled into the phone, trying to remove the sound of crying from his voice.

“What's wrong, Jae-yah?” Yongguk asked, his deep voice rumbling the pain from Youngjae's chest.

“N-Nothing.” Youngjae muttered, but Yongguk knew better.

“What happened with Daehyun?” The elder asked, and Youngjae just sighed, giving up and letting himself cry.

“Can I come over?” Youngjae asked, biting his lip.

“Of course.” Yongguk said softly. “Jae-yah...don't cry over him.”

Youngjae just scoffed, hanging up and trying his best to tell the cab the address through his sobs. The cab driver managed to understand, and soon Youngjae was over his friend's house, grabbing his bags and going inside. Yongguk instantly embraced him.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Yongguk asked.

“He ing cheated on me, hyung.” Youngjae spat out, in near hysteric sobs.

“Forget him.” Yongguk whispered. “He was never good for you anyway.”

Youngjae just looked up at the elder, furrowing his brows.

“I'll help you burn away the scars he's trying to make.” The elder whispered. “He doesn't deserve your tears, Jae, don't cry.”

Youngjae bit his lip, trying to stop crying, but he was in love with Daehyun. Yongguk just leaned down, kissing away the shining tears, whispering to him, asking if he remembered all the things they did together at work.

“Like when we put an error on everyone's computer that said, 'The Cookie Monster is not pleased'?” Yongguk asked, and Youngjae nodded, chuckling, a small smile on his face. “Or when we hid in the closet for hours during the tornado warning, hating how they made us crouch on the floor.” Youngjae nodded, smiling a little wider. “And I'd fix your hair before you left work, always telling you I loved your long blonde hair.” Youngjae nodded, biting his lip, “But Daehyun didn't like it, so he made you cut it off?” Youngjae nodded, a pattern finally showing itself. “Remember how I told you I loved your glasses, but he wanted you to get contacts?” The younger nodded. “And that I loved your fluffy cheeks and stomach, but he wanted you to lose weight?”

“Remember how you said you'd always be here for me and never broke that promise?” Youngjae whispered, and Yongguk nodded, running his thumb under Youngjae's eye to catch a tear. “Remember how Daehyun hated seeing you with me because he thought I was cheating?” Yongguk nodded, “Who knew it would be the other way around?” Youngjae sighed.

“Youngjae-yah...” Yongguk whispered, “That promise is still here. It'll never be broken.”

Youngjae smiled, “I know.”

“Every promise I've ever made to you is still here. Never to be broken.” Yongguk said sincerely. “And I'm going to make you another one.” Youngjae looked up, listening intently. “If you allowed me the utmost honor of being yours, then I promise I'd never do something so sick like that bastard Jung Daehyun. I'd never even dream of laying eyes on someone else, because you're perfect, Jae-yah, you're anything anyone could ever wish for.”

Youngjae's eyes widened, a blush spreading across his cheeks. He smiled widely, pressing his face in the elder's shoulder to hide his face.

“I'd never make you cry. If you cry and I can't prevent it, then I promise to kiss away your tears and make you smile.” Yongguk continued. “I promise to always love you, and it'll only grow more and more each day. I promise to hold you when you want to be held, leave you alone when you want solitude.”

“Hyung...” Youngjae interrupted, more tears spilling over. But these tears weren't shattering his heart, each tear was a tiny bandage, fixing the wounds caused by another, filling the crevices with the love he felt emanating from the friend he'd had for years. “...thank you.” He whispered. “Thank you. Thank you.” He repeated, looking up and smiling, only to have Yongguk wipe away the tears. “It'll take me some time, but...”

“Take as much time as you need.” Yongguk whispered, combing Youngjae's growing hair out of his eyes. “I'll wait for you as long as you wish me to.”

“Thank you.” Youngjae repeated, smiling wide.

“Of course.” Yongguk whispered, kissing his temple softly. “Just don't cry, Jae, okay?”

“These aren't sad tears, hyung.” Youngjae chuckled. “These are tears because I just don't know why I was so stupid to realize there was someone as wonderful as you waiting for me.”

“You were in love with Daehyun.” Yongguk sighed. “It's understandable.”

“I shouldn't have been.” Youngjae whispered. “It should've been you.”

Yongguk whispered, “You can have me now. Whenever and wherever you want.”

Youngjae smiled, leaning up and pressing his lips against the elder's softly. “I'll definitely remember that.”

THE END.