Final

Paper Planes

Grey.

That's what his best friend always told him – that his life was grey. And he was quite right with this assuming – he just had an average life, an average job and an average daily routine. But what did he expect, anyways? Myungsoo wasn't the type who sought for fun. He just wanted to have a life he was satisfied with.

But was he really satisfied with that grey life of his?

Of course he wasn't. His job was tiring, and once in a while, he also wanted to have fun. But as if life heard that, he only got more things to do and he forgot that little wish of his.

This day wasn't any different. Carrying a bunch of paper – everyone looking the same – he waited for the train to come. The wind blew a bit strong, as expected for a day in spring. He was too deep in thought to see the beautiful flowers blooming. But he did hear that someone approached him. He turned around and saw a beautiful girl who stood right next to him. She had long, black hair, doe eyes, a pretty nose and looked slightly younger than him. Myungsoo resisted the urge to open his jaw or to look at her too long, so he looked quickly away. He wanted to talk to her so badly, to hear her voice just once, but somehow, he couldn't. All he could do was to clench his fist and to fix his eyes on the rails.

But life did hear his little wish, though.

The wind blew stronger and he strengthened his grip so that the papers couldn't fly away. But a single one managed to free from his grip and flew away.

It flew right into her face.

"Ah…I'm so sorry…", he said hastily. Carefully, he stretched out his hand and took the sheet of paper from her face. He looked at her, simply absorbed by those pretty eyes of her. She, on the other side, looked on the paper and laughed. He turned the paper around and realized that she had planted – more unwillingly than on purpose – a kiss on the paper. Myungsoo chuckled and for the first time, their eyes met. Those pretty eyes met his. It seemed like an eternity for him, and he wanted to remain like that forever.

"I should be sorry.", she answered. How beautiful her voice was.

"It's alright.", he said. The train came, only bringing more wind. This time, Myungsoo was able to hold all of the papers. As he entered the train and chose a seat next to the window, he realized that the girl had entered the train on the complete opposite direction. But she had also chosen a seat next to the window. As both of the trains departed, their eyes met again for a split second.

And only that was enough.

 

Work had never been this boring for him. Again those papers, lined onto a stack and waiting for him to be read, again the boring colleagues who did simply nothing, Myungsoo barely did anything. On the middle of his table, there was the paper she had kissed. And he knew that this one was the most precious one he ever had. Inevitably, he thought about the pretty girl he had met on the train station. How he wished to see her more often, to meet those pretty eyes more frequently.

How he wanted that she was here, simply doing nothing. He wanted to do it so badly but he couldn't.

With a sigh, he looked out of the window – and this time, his jaw went really open.

There she was, right at the apartment opposite his, a few floors below, with an open window. She made a ninety-degree-bow towards someone Myungsoo couldn’t see. But that wasn't necessary to know, anyways. The main thing was that he had found her, or rather, that fate had brought them together again.

He quickly opened the window and screamed: "Hey!" while he waved like crazy. Unfortunately, it drew the attention of someone else.

"Kim Myungsoo, what the hell are you doing?", the harsh voice of his chef said.

"Err… I…am sorry.", he quickly apologized. The chef raised one brow, closed the window and went back to his office again. Myungsoo, on the other hand, tried to concentrate on his work now, but he couldn't. He couldn't while she was so close to him, almost reachable with the tip of his fingers. He sighed again and looked at the stack. Again more work. He looked out of the window and watched the girl talking. He couldn't exactly hear what she was talking, but watching her while she formed words with was enough for him.

And then he got an idea.

Taking one paper of the stack, he quickly fold a paper plane. Opening the window again, he threw it right onto her window. But the wind was so strong that it flew elsewhere. "Damn", he swore silently. He took one paper and fold another one, this time quicker. With more impatience than the last time, he threw it – but it landed on another window instead.

"!"

Getting more and more frustrated with every miss, Myungsoo also started to throw more impatient. But he got more and more close – once, it landed right next to the window, another landed into the flat, yes, but right into the trash bin.

"Argh!", he shouted in frustration because he had no paper left and drew the attention from everyone.

Plus his chef.

"Kim Myungsoo, I didn't realize that you would finish this fast.", his chef remarked sarcastically. "Maybe I should give you more work?"

Bam.

Another stack, higher than the last one, landed right onto Myungsoo's desk. "Here you go." The chef went back to his office again and Myungsoo sighed. Looking at the paper with the kiss on it, he decided to fold a paper plane one last time. Maybe it would work this time. He breathed in and out and carefully threw the plane out. But the wind wasn't on his side – the plane flew way more below than originally intended. On the same time, she left the room. Messing his hair in frustration, he watched the plane landing somewhere he couldn't see. There was only one way to approach, hell to even see the woman again.

"KIM MYUNGSOO! WHAT'S UP WITH YOU!?", his chef screamed. Myungsoo, on the other side, ran as fast as he could out of the apartment. As he went out, he quickly breathed in and out and looked out for the woman, but she was swallowed by the crowd. He sighed in frustration, and slowly took the plane with the kiss on it. How great. Myungsoo was probably fired by his chef, he also lost the woman he loved, and pathetically, he had nothing more than a damn plane with a pink kiss, which also flew away.

How great.

He slowly went without any aim, sighing in frustration. Why did he go even this far for someone he had just seen once? Why did he put himself in adventure when there was a safe boredom? Just why did he do that?

Myungsoo had no real answer to these questions. Furthermore, he had no idea what to do with his life now. It became so colorful now that he couldn't handle it. He wasn't used to an adventure because his life had always been boring.

The wind blew stronger again, way stronger, that it became hard for him to take any step against the wind. A paper plane flew right onto his suit. Myungsoo pulled it away, but another one came, almost on the exact place like the first one. A third plane followed the second, and soon, there were so many planes on Myungsoo that he could barely see anything. The only thing he could see was plain white, and they pressed him so hard that he had to go backwards.

So he let himself guide by the planes. He had nothing to lose anymore.

And it felt like he could fly...

 

There wasn't any wind anymore, and the planes fell, one by one, to the ground, making a circle around him. Myungsoo looked around and realized that he was on a terrace with a view of the trains. There was a sign, right on the middle of the terrace, saying that it was the train station where Myungsoo met the woman for the first time. So it wasn't really a terrace but rather a rooftop of the train station. It was amazing how the planes brought him this far.

"Good to see you.", a familiar voice said. Myungsoo turned around and his eyes met those doe eyes he would always recognize.

"Good to see you too.", he answered.

"The plane was somehow guiding me…", she said and showed him the plane with the pink kiss on it. Myungsoo chuckled and as she saw the ring of planes around him, she chuckled too.

And all of a sudden, Myungsoo realized how to handle with all the colors his life got now. Not only with plain grey.