Uninvited Presence

Wolf

My eyes fluttered open when I heard a laughter 15 kilometers away. It was an uninvited presence. The voice is sweet, making my mouth water. I inhaled, smelling the wind. Its scent gave me a euphoric daze. My head swiftly turned to my brothers. They have the same feeling.

Please. Tao gave me pleading eyes before he ran. My other brothers grunted, asking permission to run after the girl. I forbade them. I silenced their hungry howling before I run after Tao. I reached him halfway. We raced to the girl’s destination through the white forest. My head struggled on ways how to take advantage of my brother, as well as planning on how to eat her up.

I saw her. My world stopped. A goddess in red furry hood was looking up to me. She was startled. Her lips were trembling, waiting for my attack. She screamed right after I saw Tao’s black figure jump toward her.

Tao and I fought with each other. Biting and growling at each other as if we’re not brothers. I am older and stronger. I was able to top him. Stop it, Tao. I spoke to his thoughts. My words were clear to him. His eyes widened and he straightened up, “Awoo!” he howled before he ran away.

I walked back to the lady. She was curled like a ball under her red hood.

Slowly, she looked around her. She was not surprised when she saw me. She stood up; standing a few meters away from me. I was now able to gaze at her ethereal beauty. Her lips are red; her cheeks had a faint blush because of the cold. She pulled down her hood, revealing her long, blonde hair. She is beautiful.

She hugged me. My heart raced. I smelled her again. Her scent is so sweet. The hunger that pained me before was gone. Then I heard her sobbing.  “Are you all right?” A weird voice escaped me. Words fell out of my mouth naturally. My heart beats so fast and I swear blood rose to my face as she let go of the hug, a feeling I never felt before.

“I’m fine. Thank you so much!” she said. Her voice is so beautiful.

“The forest is too dangerous for a beauty like you. May I know your name?” I said.

She reached out her hand to mine. I was struck when I felt her hands against mine, but my hand took another form. I looked at myself. I have become a human.

“It’s Soonkyu. Yours?”

“Yifan.” I told her.

“Thank you once again, Yifan. May we see each other soon.” She smiled brightly to me before she turned around and walked away from me.

I watched her red figure walk against the white snow. I turned around when I heard someone behind. It was Luhan and the others. I tried speaking to them but it’s no use. Luhan and I looked at each other’s eyes. He lightly nodded to me. I nodded back. The pack will now be his. “Awoo!” He howled before he led the pack away from me.

I started walking to Soonkyu’s direction, hoping I could catch her. Then, I remembered what our pack leader told us before he disappeared. “You will soon face a challenge. You will soon have to choose between something foolish and the pack. It is destined to happen.” Those were his last words before he was nowhere to be found. I guess my destiny came. I chose Soonkyu, and left the pack.

 


 

Status: Completed
Words: 591

Comments are highly appreciated as always! :)♥
As you read this SunKris oneshot, you may be one of the kind readers of my fanfic, Unbreak My Heart. The reason why I am not updating for so long is because of my studies. My finals is on Monday until the weekend. I guess I'll be back on track by then. :) Thank you for waiting ever so patiently! I love you forever guys!