It Begins...Chapter 1

Addiction - A GTOP fiction

In the darkest hours of night in a warehouse of South Korea, two men in black biker jackets struggled to carry in a steel case. Once inside, they looked around and then at each other until a tall thin figure entered through another door. He was dressed in a grey designer suit, his black coffee eyes staring out of the window, not even turning to acknowledge the two lesser rank workmen. Eventually, to cut the tension of fear in the dimly lit warehouse, one of the workmen spoke, swallowing hard before he did.

“Uh…Here it is, boss. Where do you want it?”

“Put it on the table and get out.” The tall well-dressed man replied, his back still turned to them. Without any hesitation, the two shifty men nodded and dropped the case onto the table nearer to their boss, one already attempting to shuffle out of the room before the other, who had been silent until now, stopped his colleague with a hard grip of the forearm.

“And…Who do we talk to about payment?” He snorted arrogantly. This seemed to amuse their boss, who turned to face them slowly, a dark smirk on his face.

“Payment,” He asked rhetorically. ”I don’t remember agreeing to pay you for this particular task.”

At this comment, the smaller, stout man began to panic, only becoming more irate in his flush.

“Look, Seunghyun… We delivered the goods fair and square.” He argued tentatively. “Surely you can help us out with some… small token of gratitude. Or do I have to tell Mr Kim from our syndicate that you are not treating his dealers that well?” The threat was small, but enough to get the alleged Mr Choi to walk over, standing highly above him, an air of authority surrounding his narrowed, brown-black eyes as he stared the man out, that smirk still on his face as he sneered softly at the biker.

“You’re threatening me. I do not recommend that you continue, Max.”

Upon hearing his name, Max took a small step back, but before he could retract his threat, a loud bang echoed through the room as the burning metal of a bullet shot through his chest, exiting out between his shoulder blades as the blood ran fiercely down his stomach and back, staining his leather attire. A profound silence followed and he sank to the ground, drawing one last, baited breath, before meeting his untimely, cowardly end in a heap on the floor.

Seunghyun stood above his recently deceased dealer, tucking his gun back into his belt behind his jacket, then standing majestically, his wicked eyes flickering to the cowering man in the entrance. Glaring at him fiercely, he growled low so only the scared man could hear.

“Go. We’re done here. You say anything…” He pointed menacingly at the man with a dark smirk, “..I will know where to find you.”

As the coward ran off into the night, Seunghyun sat down, hitting speed dial on his phone and not even having to wait three rings before someone answered.

“Get over here, now. There’s a problem. Take care of it.” He said sternly, his voice heavy with authority. Sitting in his leather chair, he carried on dialling numbers until eventually, two more men came, this time in suits, picking up the shot body of Seunghyun’s pathetic challenger, and carrying him off to expose of his useless carcass. Seunghyun smirked as they left; this was what he could do. Make people disappear, earn money by doing nothing. The life of a boss is pretty sweet.

A new day began quite uneventfully for Seunghyun. Work as usual. He paced his office calmly, contemplating his newest deal. All of a sudden, he heard an all too familiar voice to which he rolled his eyes. “Ugh…they sent me him again…”

“Okay, move it. Come on, get out of the way!” A lean, boyish-looking man said brazenly, barging past Seughyun’s second and third in command as if they were nothing but common men on the street. Seunghyun leaned on his desk and took a preparatory breath. Jiyong was a very difficult person to handle. Being the son of a very important client had automatically boosted his standing within Seunghyun’s place of work, but there wasn’t all that much about him, so he thought. As far as Seunhyun was concerned, Jiyong was nothing more but a jumped-up little rich boy who liked to play ‘gangster’. Seungnyhun smirked at the thought; “Point a gun in that kid’s face and he’d turn right back into the sobbing little rich boy he always was….”

Jiyong boldly opened Seunghyun’s office door , a cocky grin on his face as the two underbosses tagged close behind. Not even turning fully around to face them, Jiyong tilted his head to address them, looking down to the floor as if they were nothing but dust. Arrogant little basted, Seunghyun thought.

“Sorry, boss...Want us to take care of him?” One guy muttered through gritted teeth, practically snarling at this cocky little intruder. Jiyong simply smirked. He knew he couldn’t be touched.

Seunghyun shook his head, his own eyes burning into Jiyong with an everlasting contempt.

“That won’t be necessary, Tao…he’s here on business…unfortunately.” Tao looked Jiyong up and down in disgust, and preceeded to walk away. “I’ll get you next time, Kwon…”

Jiyong simply snickered at Tao, watching him walk out the door. “Good dog. Now sit.” He mocked arrogantly.