Invasion Of Privacy.

Why Do You Still Breathe?

"I'm sure you're aware of Jonghyun's...personal activities, seeing how they're sitting on display right now. Do you-" I yanked my sleeves down- I'd forgotten to pull them back down after washing before dinner. A simple mistake...it was a mistake I couldn't afford to make, and my stupidity is nearly ruining my life.

"I think the keyword there was personal, Mr.Park." Jinki's voice remained calm,but it didn't have the warm, soft tone it normally did;It was empty, almost cold.

"Ah, but something that may be harming a child, whether they consider it 'personal' or not, is dangerous. 'Personal' gets stripped away when things like this come up." The counselor eyed me warily, his small face smug and tight.

"I don't think so. His thoughts, feelings and actions should remain personal to him, and his body belongs to himself; No one else. You don't get to decide what's considered 'personal' to him." Jinki's tone was strong, though still cold, and finalized his opinion.

"Oh? I would've thought you would stake some kind of claim over those things by now. Haven't you two been...'together' for a while now?" Mr.Parks voice nearly matched his face now, tone almost mocking as he sat up, no longer eating.

"Like I said," Jinki breathed, silent for a moment, "his body is purely his own. I am not, nor have I ever been, the kind of man who takes advantage of or attempts to claim another person. And to be exact, we've been in a relationship for two years, three months and four days." I eyed my bag that sat by the door, Jinki's own just to the left, by his shoes. Sighing, I could feel my nerves spiking again, this time in frustration.

"Look, I'm not in the mood for this right now. I don't know what kind of crap you're trying to feed me, but I-"  

"Jonghyun, you need help." The bastard sitting across from me raised an eyebrow,challenging me to disagree.

"I get it, everyone tells me that these days. I have all the help I need-"

"Drugs? ? That isn't not help, it's insanity." I rolled my eyes and dropped my hands back onto the table, feeling something akin to a growl building in my throat before Jinki cut in.

"Who said he does any of that?" His voice was no longer cold, but harsh. His face was no longer calm, his own frustration shown in the way he squeezed his eyes shut, and the way his upper lip twitched just barely as he attempted to breathe. When his eyes opened again to stare in Mr.Park's direction, they were dark, anger and resolve solidified in the deep chocolate.

"Well, what else do you do at two in the morning? You could be doing anything with him, seeing as you stay out all night." Mr.Parks voice was slowly rising in volume, Jinki's shoulders tensing as he was yelled at over the table, "You could be taking this child to a club,or parties or something, and who knows what you've done to maim his innocence-"

"Excuse me?" Jinki's voice was quiet, no more than an angry whisper now.

"Does Jonghyun look innocent to you? The scars and records aren't looking too innocent to me. I'm not oblivious to what you teenagers are doing nowadays."

"I've never touched him innapropriately. We don't go to clubs,or parties, or anything like that. We don't stay up all night each night, and we absolutely do not do things like that, you sick-" I stood up, pulling Jinki up with me, not letting his hand go as I ran over to grab our bags and slip on a pair of sandals, hardly allowing him to slip on his pair of sneakers. 

"I can't ing believe you, umma. I...don't even wait up for me tomorrow." I pulled to door open after reaching around her to grab my keys. I could hear Jinki yell something,and if my head was clear enough I would've been able to understand at least a few of the words he'd spit towards Mr. Park,before he slammed the door shut. I handed him his bag, running my hands through my hair roughly.

"Jonghyun-"

I shook my head, the lump building heavily in th back of my throat. I turn, waiting for him to walk up to me, before hugging him to me. He only stood two inches or so taller than me,but his shoes added almost an inch now.  Sighing loudly, I pushed my face onto his shoulder, tightening my arms around his waist.

Jinki tucks his chin into my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist before talking again. "Do you want to-" I nod, not letting him finish before pulling away.