Chapter 1

But someday we'll meet again

                “I’m so tired!” Krystal stretched her arms out as she walked down the hallway. Sulli’s hands were clasped on Krystal’s shoulders and Amber steadily walked alongside the two cheerfully hyper girls. Victoria and Luna walked slower than them, greeting other singers as they walked side by side. The two close friends’ arms were linked and they were both dabbing the sweat from their foreheads.

                “Good job on the Pinocchio performance, Victoria-noona and Luna!” Kikwang waved at them, giving the two girls his famous eye-smile.

                “Ah, thanks Kikwang! Your performance was flawless. I’m not surprised though. It is B2ST after all,” Victoria grinned back. Luna smiled and waved too, but then noticed that Victoria looked a bit tired and dehydrated.  As soon as Kikwang walked away, Luna slid her arm out of Victoria’s and took a few steps back.

                “Where are you going?” Victoria called out at her. Luna smiled back.

                “I’m going to get water for unni! I’ll see you at the dressing room in a few minutes!” Luna dashed off, her blond hair bouncing behind her. Worried if Victoria would stand there and wait for her, like she always did, Luna turned around to make sure she wasn’t there. She continued to run but stopped when she collided against a male figure.

                Quickly bouncing off the floor, and brushing herself briefly, she ducked her head and bowed apologetically.

                “I’m sorry, I was in a bit of a rush-“

                Luna looked up and realized it was Onew. Her voice caught in and she dug her fingers into her palms, something she always did when she saw him.

                Realizing she was still in bowing-position, she straightened up and gave out a laugh, even thought it pained her.

                “Ah I’m so sorry, Onew-oppa!” Luna exclaimed and grinned a fake smile. “I wasn’t looking while I was running-“

                Her voice trailed off as Onew leaned in closer to her ear.

                “You don’t have to act like that in front of me when the hallway is almost empty. Not a lot of people are watching us.”

                As Onew drew away from her ear, and continued to stand in front of her, Luna felt like crying. But, then she remembered.

                There’s nothing to cry about, Luna. It was all him. It was all him. Don’t cry; don’t show him this side of you. Don’t show him this side of you again.

                Just as she opened to reply back, she felt the presence that someone was walking towards them. Putting up a bright expression and plastering on a fake grin, she pretended to laugh out loud as if he had just told her the most hilarious joke ever.

                “Oh, Onew-oppa, you’re too much! I never heard of that joke before!”

                Someone tapped her on the shoulder, and she quickly spun around, finding herself face-to-face to Kikwang.

                “Ah, Luna! I thought you went back to your dressing room with Victoria-unni moments ago,” Kikwang smiled and faced Onew. “Hey, Onew!”

                Onew gave him a small smile and swerved his attention back at Luna. His gaze seemed to make her cheeks burn, but she tried to ignore it.

                “Ah, I was just on my way to get some water for the members when I bumped into Onew-oppa,” Luna grinned too much that her cheeks were starting to hurt.

                “Really? I was just on my way to get some water bottles for my members as well! We should walk together,” Kikwang gave her another eye-smile. Luna blushed, and tucked a piece of blonde hair behind her ear.

                “That’d be nice,” Luna replied. Fingers still digging into her palm, she turned back to Onew. She looked a bit off him, because she couldn’t bear to look at him any longer. “Bye, Onew-oppa! See you later!”

                Quickly, she brushed past him, Kikwang pacing to catch up with her. Luna’s heart seemed to feel lighter the more she was farther away from Onew. As Kikwang chatted with her, thankfully distracting her, she couldn’t help but look back once. But Onew had already gone.

-

                Onew quietly opened the closet, careful not to wake up Key, who had fallen asleep in Onew’s bed, since Key’s bed was a mess. Digging deep beneath all of his clothes and other things, he finally retrieved the thing he was looking for, a small dusty box, grayed from not being touched once since years.

                As he was leaving the closet, he tripped and stumbled on the floor. Wincing in pain, he looked up to see if Key had woken up. Relieved that he was still sleeping soundly, Onew looked back down. To his dismay, the box had tipped over, the items inside it spilled all over the floor.

               Hurriedly, he gathered the items and quickly threw them in the box. Just as he was about to close the lid on the box, he realized that he had forgotten one item that had been thrown underneath the bed. Putting the box in one side, Onew crept up next to the bed side and reached out his arms to get the piece. His fingers finally touching the envelope, he slid it back out and urgently blew on it so it wasn’t dusty.

               Just as he was about to drop the envelope back into the box, he hesitated. Closing the box top quickly, he pushed it back inside the depths of his closet. Resting his back on the closet door, he silently tore the envelope flap. Finally open, he slid the articles out on the floor.

                Onew gave in a sharp intake and looked away from the Polaroid photos. Closing his eyes, he looked back at the photos and opened one eye, than the other. Bending down, he touched each photograph, tracing the face of that one person that was alongside him in each of the pictures.

               “We went to the amusement park that day,” Onew murmured to himself. “She was so happy. This is that time we went to the beach together…she had so much fun.”

               Onew gave out a long sigh. Closing his eyes, he mumbled to himself, clutching onto the photographs.

               Luna, Luna, Luna…I miss you.