Chapter 1

The Colours of Love

 Joshua and Elaine, both grew up within the same neighborhood, went to school together. Two teenagers that were both unseperable since childhood. Joshua is the eldest amongst the Martin Brothers. He has two younger siblings Mark and Michael.

Joshua is not a very common teenager, thou he loves to hang out and watch movies with friends. One thing that only separates him from them is that his day is not complete without seeing his best friend Elaine.

Elaine on the other hand is shy type, and well reserved type of girl. thou her bestfriend is a guy she also has a group of girlfriends that she hangs out with. 

One night after a long day together Joshua decided to go ahead and drop Elaine off home. He went ahead and walked her by the door and waited until she gets inside the house. And there he is just simply watching her walk inside her house and said to his brother Michael “You know bro. if it wasn’t for our friendship, I would’ve already took our relationship to the next level”. Then Michael said “ Well, why don’t you try? It doesn’t hurt to try! Right?” 

After getting home Joshua went ahead and got ready for bed, as part of his nightly routine he would lay down and stare at her picture and always wonder his what ifs in life. But he then again thought of what Michael had told him the he said to himself “Well why not try…I can just simply send her a love letter but as a secret admirer. I’ll just prentend it’s not me and I don’t know who gave it to her.”


So the following day when he saw her at school he gave her the letter and said “Elaine oh, may nagpapabigay sayo, hindi ko kilala eh pinapaabot lang din sa iyo” then Elaine replied, “Talaga? Hindi sinabi kung ano name nya? Para saan daw ito??” And he just simply noded and said “ Hindi ko din alam eh, sige basahin mo na baka kung ano pa yan” Then she started reading his letter. And he was watching every reaction she makes and wondering what she’s thinking now. While reading the letter she decided to go and show it to her girlfriends. “Melissa, Sarah dali tignan nyo basahin may nagbigay ng love letter sa akin oh, hindi ko kilala kung sino pero naiintriga ko sa sinulat nya. Sabi pa dyan na I know him daw and that he’s just afraid to tell me in person kasi baka daw I reject ko sya.” Then Melissa said “Bes sure ka ba na hindi mo kilala? Or baka naman si bespren Joshua lang yan pinagtitripan ka lang?” “Hindi naman siguro na ako pagtitripan and kung sya man yan bakit hindi na lang nya sabihin sa akin ng diretso? Kung totoo man sya nga our feelings are mutual lang naman, takot lang akong masaktan.” Little that she know that he was just standing behind her listening to everything she just said. And all he did was smile and walk away. 
After getting home from school he told his brothers Michael and Mark about what he heard from Elaine, and said “bro. this is it, I’m really gonna tell her na. But I need a plan, I want to make it special, maybe on a dinner or basta yung kaming dalawa lang ang makakapagusap ang wala ng iba pa.” “I’m thinking of maybe a restaurant reservation but extra special. “ so he then went ahead and called Elaine to invite for a dinner. “Elaine, may gagawin ka ba sa Saturday? Dinner naman tayo, yung tayong dalawa lang may sasabihin kasi ako sayo eh. But I’ll save it for our dinner nalang, ano pwede ka?” and she simply replied “Yah, sure pick me up at 7 ok?!” and he said “Well I’ll see you at the restaurant nalang I’ll have my brother pick you up, no questions ask ok basta I’ll see you there”


Saturday, the day that Joshua has long been waiting for. “Michael, bro don’t forget to pick her up ha? Basta tell her na when she gets their not to forget to put her blind fold ok.” Seven o’clock is fast approaching, then finally it’s time. Joshua is already at the restaurant waiting for her and there she was beautiful as she can be. “Josh ano naman ba ‘to? Why am I blind folded for?” and he said “ ok you can your blind fold now but before you do, after taking the blind fold off, I want you to pick up that red rose from the floor and that will give you a clue on why you’re here.” After taking her blind fold off, she noticed that he was not even standing infront of her, then she finally picked up the red rose from the floor and read “Words cannot explain on what I’m feeling right now, but All I know is that you’re always on my mind, I see you in my sleep, it’s like my world stops when I’m with you. I hope that you feel the same way too, if you don’t you can simply leave and walk away. But if you do, walk 20 steps and you’ll see where I’m at.” So she decided to go ahead and walk twenty steps and while she’s walking she noticed her sorroundings filled with red balloons, and rose petals everywhere.