Aside

Aside (One-Shot)

“You’re back!” his housemate greeted him as soon as he entered the house.

“Hmmm…” he nodded.

“Are you hungry? I’ll cook ramen for you. It’ll be ready by the time you wash up and change your clothes,” his housemate went to the kitchen right away.

“Hmmm…” he dragged himself to his room.

 

 As soon as he entered his room, he placed his backpack at the edge of his bed and then he lay down on his bed. He was too tired after playing soccer matches with his colleagues after work at the stadium nearby. He closed his eyes and slowly, the face of that girl who he had a crush on appeared.

 

He imagined that she was talking comfortably to him when in reality; she had not even talk to him once. He heard her calling his name softly and shook his shoulder asking him to wake up.

 

“YA!” he was startled to see her transformed into his housemate.

“What are you doing in my room in the middle of the night?” he asked his housemate.

“Midnight? What are you talking about? Hello, it’s already 6am in the morning and I’m here to wake you up like always,” his housemate knocked his head.

“It’s already 6am?” he took out his cell phone from his pocket.

“Yes! Hurry up and shower or else we’ll be late for work!” his housemate pulled him.

“Thank you KiBum!” he gave his housemate a brotherly hug before getting his towel and rushed to the toilet.

“YA! You smelly frog! How dare you hug me?! Now I have to wash up again. Urgh! You’re going to get it from me later Choi MinHo!” KiBum began to nag.

__________

 

“Choi-ssi, the meeting will start in 5 minutes,” the receptionist informed him as soon as he stepped in the office.

“Thank you Kim-ssi!” he thanked the receptionist. Instead of going to his desk, he straight away went to the meeting room which was located at a corner of the office.

 

MinHo had a really important presentation to do in the morning. Based on his presentation, it would determine if he is eligible to take up a big project or not. With the help of JongHyun and TaeMin, his colleagues, he was sure that nothing will go wrong. In order to get promoted, he had to win the big project no matter what.

 

After the presentation was over, MinHo went out of the meeting room with JongHyun and TaeMin. They went to the staff’s pantry to have a light snack before going back to the meeting room to know the results.

 

“You were excellent!” TaeMin showed his thumbs up.

“The boss seemed to be impressed by your presentation. By looking at the other presenters, I’m sure you’ll win the project.” JongHyun gave a pat on MinHo’s shoulder.

“The other presenters were great too. Let’s just wait for the result then,” MinHo was being humble.

 

He wanted to win so badly but at the same time, he wanted her to win as well. His crush was one of the presenters too. He was worried about her during the presentation because she was stuttering. He excused himself from the staff’s pantry and went to the washroom. On the way to the washroom, he saw her on the phone, talking to someone. After she hung up her call, she turned around and saw him. She nodded and smiled at MinHo before walking away. He tried to stay calm and cool because he was scared that she would notice that he has feelings for her.

__________

 

All the presenters entered the meeting room once again to hear the results. The boss complimented MinHo and team for their great teamwork and the impressive presentation. However, the big project was awarded to MinHo’s crush because her presentation was promising although she stuttered while presenting her slides.

 

“Thank you Jung Sajang-nim for awarding this project to me. It’s an honor that you put the trust on me to handle this project. I’ll promise you that the outcome of this project will be more that what you expected,” she bowed at the boss.

 

She could not help on smiling as she was really happy. MinHo was glad to see her happy face because she seldom looked happy in the office. After the boss left the meeting room, her other colleagues congratulated her. MinHo purposely be the last person to congratulate her and leave the meeting room.

 

“Shin-ssi, do you need help? You laptop bag looks heavy and you have a lot of things to carry,” MinHo was looking for an excuse to help her. He took her laptop bag away from her and carried it.

“Oh… Thank you Choi-ssi,” she thanked him and smiled. MinHo heart beat was beating very fast.

__________

 

“Good morning Choi-ssi,” she greeted him.

“Good morning Shin-ssi,” he smiled at her. The both of them began to have conversation with each other.

 

“SooAh-ssi,” MinHo went to her desk to ask her something.

“JinKi Oppa, I’ll call you back later. Ne! I love you too,” she hung up her call and faced MinHo who was staring at her. She smiled at him again.

 

MinHo’s POV:

How I wish you only smile at me and no one else… I feel like hugging you but I can’t. Haiz… I hate that guy who is able to love you with all his heart. SooAh, don’t you know that I’m jealous each time you talked to him through your cell phone? Hmmm, how I wish to share my dream with you like him…

__________

 

After work, MinHo went to a bar. Since he did not want to drive home after he drinks, he chose a bar near his house. He was really stress with the work in his office and needed sometime to clear his mind. He called JongHyun and TaeMin to join him too.

 

“Hey, what are you thinking?” JongHyun made him startled.

“Nothing…” MinHo shook his head.

“Oh ho, you are keeping something from us!” TaeMin interrupted.

 

There was a long silence afterwards. MinHo was thinking of what to say. JongHyun and TaeMin were merely waiting for MinHo to share his problem. They had never seen MinHo so stressful before as they knew he was a happy-go-lucky guy.

 

“I want to confess my feelings to her tomorrow. Can I?” he suddenly voiced out.

“WHO?!” both JongHyun and TaeMin were shocked by MinHo’s confession.

“Shin SooAh, my crush~” he finally revealed her name to his colleagues.

“WHAT?!” they were surprised.

 

“Hyung, are you crazy?” TaeMin asked.

“Ya, she has a boyfriend already!” JongHyun stated the fact.

“That’s why… I don’t want to be a selfish fool. I’m scared of what going to happen after I confess to her. But my heart can’t stop beating so fast whenever I meet her. I can go crazy if I don’t see her for a day,” MinHo started to hit his chest.

__________

 

“Is Shin SooAh in the office yet?” MinHo asked the receptionist.

“Yes, why? She made coffee for me too,” the receptionist showed off the cup of coffee that SooAh made for her.

“Oh, I just wondering why she’s not in the office,” MinHo said.

“Ah… She’s probably at the rooftop. She spends most of her time there whenever she’s stress,” the receptionist informed MinHo.

“Thank you so much!” he thanked the receptionist and rushed to the rooftop.

 

When he was at the rooftop, he could not find anyone. He thought that the receptionist lied to him so he decided to exit from the rooftop. However, he stopped his footstep when he heard someone crying. He slowly moved to a direction where he heard the voice. There, he saw Shin SooAh, his crush.

 

“SooAh-ssi?” he tapped her shoulder.

“Omo!” SooAh was startled. She wiped off her tears before turning back to MinHo. She did not want him to see her tears.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked. SooAh took quite a while to answer. She could not lie to him as he heard her cry and her tears flowing out. She slowly shook her head.

“Tell me,” he said.

“Take this,” she passed me a thin white envelope.

“The boss terminated my contract for the big project. From today onwards, you’ll be the head for this project. I thought I can handle this all by myself without working with others but I can’t. Since you have a great teamwork with JongHyun and TaeMin, I believe that the three of you will be able to produce something better than me,” she walked away after that.

 

For the first time, MinHo had a bad impression of her because she gave up so easily. However, that did not stop his heart from loving her. Although he could not be her boyfriend, being by her side and looking at her from afar was enough.

 

MinHo’s POV:

Choi MinHo… She would not walk away if you did not accept the white envelope. How stupid of you?! Shouldn’t you be stopping her from giving up? Argh! I don’t know what you are thinking!!

__________

 

“SooAh-ssi, I think it’s not right for me to be in-charge of the project,” MinHo approached SooAh who was packing up her things.

“What are you talking about?” SooAh pretended that she did not know anything.

“I don’t deserve this big project. Your ideas are way better than mine. I don’t want this,” he placed the white envelope on SooAh’s desk.

“I’m sorry… I forget to tell you something. The boss did not only terminate my contract. I got fired too…” SooAh looked down.

“My boyfriend, he left me too…” she was unable to face MinHo.

 

“Everything seems like a plan for me to go to you and confessed my feelings,” MinHo mumbled in front of SooAh.

“Pardon me?” she looked at him blankly. She did not hear what he said earlier.

“SooAh-ssi, in order to make this product successful, I need you. I’ll talk to the boss now,” he took that white envelope and marched to the boss’ office.

 

MinHo’s POV:

Shin SooAh, just wait… One day, I’ll gather all the feelings in my heart and confess to you. At that point of time, I’ll hold your hand and share a long time story about my feelings for you… 

 

HELLO lovelies~! What do you think of this one-shot of mine? Sorry if it's kind of boring. I hope you can comment yeah. Thank you~