The End

Nana's Secret

 

Nana Crudala had never been out of England. But on her 18th birthday she walked into a travel agent's with the money her Gran had given her as a present. "One return ticket to Korea please. I'd like to leave as soon as possible." Gran an Grandad Crudala had come from Korea many years before. Now Nana wanted to see their homeland. She also loved history and Korea had so many old and historical buildings.

When Nana told her Gran about the trip she thought that she would be surprised, bus she wasn't. She looked as if she had expected it. "Your grandad and I left Korea many years ago. It is a bad place for our family." "But I've paid for the ticket Gran. And I really want to travel. " You must do what you must do. But I beg you, don't go." she pleaded. "It's okay Gran. I'll only be gone a week. It's something I really want to do. Let me go Gran. I'm an adult now. I'll be back really soon. I promises. " Her Gran cried and gave her a big hug. " I hope so Nana. I hope so. "

The airport in Korea was really boring. Big grey buildings and little grey buildings. Outside the airport she got in a taxi and gave the driver the name of her hotel. In the brochure the hotel looked boring too. Nana was a bit depressed. Why had she come here? She could have bought Super Junior's new mini album instead. But than she saw a castle. The taxi had been driving up a mountain road. In the moonlight, Nana saw a black outline of a very large, very old castle. Not gray. Black. This was more like it! This was why Nana had come to Korea. Interesting architecture : big towers, enormous blocks of dark stone, a huge old metal door... this was real history.

"Take me there," said Nana. "Forget the hotel, I want to go there." The driver shrugged his shoulder and turned towards the castle. They stopped just outside it's big door. " Could you wait until I see if anyone's home?" asked Nana. The driver ignored her and didn't answer. His eyes were fixed upon the road in front of him. Nana walked up to the door. It was dark and there was no bell. Nana banged on the door. No answer. She pushed on the door, but the door stayed shut. 'Damn,' thought Nana and turned to go back to the taxi. But the taxi had left.

'I never even paid him,' thought Nana. 'Why would he leave like that? What am I going to do?' She pushed on the huge metal door again. But the door stayed shut. Nana walked away from the castle. She walked down a long path. She walked for over an hour into the night. Nana was scared. Everything was black. 'Gran you were right,' Nana thought. ' This place is bad. Where can I sleep? There might be wolves out here. There might be...' and then, to her relief, she saw the lights of a little pub. Cold and tired she walked in.

Inside was a group of boys sitting around a table and another boy standing behind a little bar. The boys at the table stopped talking and turned to stare at Nana. Nana smiled at them but they didn't smile back. They looked angry. She walked to the bar. "Do you speak English?" she asked the boy behind the bar. "A little."

"Can I have something warm to drink please? And have you a room I could stay in? My taxi left me and I don't know where my hotel is. I don't know where I am." The boy poured something dark into a mug and gave it to her. Something thick and steaming. Nana sipped the liquid. It tasted funny. It reminded her of something. Something, but what? She was thirsty and cold and the drink was warm. Nana drank it straight down. The boy watched her drink. He smiled. " Are you the one we are waiting for?" said the boy behind the bar. " I don't think so. I mean... I mean I don't understand," said Nana.

" I'm Nana and I am from England. This is a nice little pub you have here. It's in a strange place thought." Nana knew she was talking too much. But she was nervous. She couldn't stop. " Not many customers I mean. Why have a pub out here in the middle of nowhere? Why not open a pub in the town?" "We are waiting for the Lady's return." said the boy. "Soon she will come and return to her castle. I ask you again. Are you the girl we are waiting for?" Nana was very tired. Her head felt odd from the funny-tasting drink. She couldn't understand what the boy was talking about.

" I'm confused," said Nana." Sorry, but can you take me to my room now. I'm really tired. " The boy nodded. It was a big nod - almost a bow. Nana didn't care. She needed to lie down. Nana followed him up some little stairs. The warm drink he had given her was really making her feel strange. The other boys still hadn't said a word. And they were still looking at her. But now they didn't look angry, they looked... hopefuls. This was weird. The boy took Nana to a little room.

Something was happening insides Nana's head. She was tired but felt very awake. Her skin was cold. She felt different. Taller. Stronger. Beautiful. She looked at the boys neck. It was almost more beautiful. "My blood is yours my lady. " said the boy. Nana walked to him, put to his neck and took a deep bite. His blood poured into . She stopped. 'What am I doing? What the hell am I doing?' She tried to get away from him. But he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to him before leaning into her neck and biting. Her heart was pounding, her head was spinning. But his blood tasted so good. Warm and fresh.

She fainted. Instead of falling to the floor he cough her. He smiled. He felt better than ever before. He had got his lady back. L walked back down the stairs with Nana in his arms. His eyes were shining. The other boys was standing when they saw they saw them. L smiled at them. His sharp teeth were bright red with blood. "You got to bite her first? Not fair!" said Woohyun. L smirked and walked out of the pub. Everyone of the boys were happy. All seven of them. They were walking back through darkness to the castle. They stood before the huge metal door. He pushed. The door creaked and swung open. The Lady was home.