Just What The Doctor Ordered

Just What The Doctor Ordered

It was the middle of the night. Everything around you was black, so you simply stared into the darkness. You couldn’t sleep. You had been awake for hours now while Joon, your boyfriend, was vastly asleep right next to you.  This , but you couldn’t help it. You had this weird nauseous feeling and these constant jabs of pain in your stomach. It made you stir around almost constantly while clenching your fists. What could it be? You weren’t on your period, not even close to it. So that couldn’t be the cause. Once again you turned around to face the other side of the bed. ‘Ugh.’ If you didn’t fall asleep anytime soon, you’d start screaming. It was driving you crazy. Part of you wanted to just get up and go watch TV, but then you remembered that you were staying at MBLAQ’s dorm. Surely the boys wouldn’t appreciate you watching TV in the middle of the night. They needed their rest. Well, so did you. But with this god awful pain, you really didn’t see much sleep happening this night. A loud sigh escaped your lips. “J-Jagiya?” you heard Joon’s sleepy voice coming from the other side of the bed. “ehhr. Yes?” you answered, feeling bad for waking him. “Go to sleep.” He said shortly. You wanted to start complaining about the fact that you couldn’t, but you felt his arms wrap around you and pull you against his chest. His movements made you end up partly on your stomach, creating pressure on it. Bad idea.

An overwhelming feeling of nausea came over you. Instinctively you pushed him away and got up. Right before you got up, you saw how his eyes shot open. Obviously he was rather shocked at the fact you so openly rejected his hug. But as soon as he saw you rush off with your hand in front of your mouth, he knew something was up.

You reached the bathroom on the other side of the dorm just in time. Everything you ate that day seemed to feel the need to get out of your body. You felt like you were on fire, yet you were shivering like crazy. You puked it all out, tears welling up in your eyes while doing so. The feeling of it hurt so much, it burned your throat. You let out a painful moan. “Shhht, it’s okay.” Joon said. You felt his cold hands on your shoulders, while holding back your hair. Secretly you wanted to tell him to leave. You didn’t want him to see you like this, all pale and gross while puking. But his presence and his calming words sort of made you feel better. You sank down next to the toilet, leaning against the wall. You breaths were deep and desperate as you tried to calm yourself. “What’s wrong?” you heard Byunghee’s voice ask. “Is ____-ah sick? “ Cheondoong said, coming into the bathroom. “Oh you look bad.” He said, looking worried. Great, you woke up all of them? “Get out of my way!” Joon said, pushing all of them aside as he disappeared out of the room. You didn’t want him to leave. “Did you eat something wrong?” Seungho asked you as he looked down at you. You weakly shrugged. “No idea.” You mumbled, watching the door to wait for Joon. Soon he arrived again with a glass of water and a wet towel. “Here jagi.” He said, kneeling down next to you and offering you the glass. Meanwhile he pressed the towel against your sweaty forehead. You gladly accepted it, embracing the cold feeling of both objects. “Shouldn’t she take a medicine Hyung?” Mir suggested. “Omo! All of you, get out of here, I’m perfectly capable of taking care of my jagi myself!” he said, getting all hyped up about it. You were grateful for that. Having all of them hovering over you in this moment was a bit too much. Though you appreciated the fact that they cared this much. Finally Seungho made them all leave, so Joon focused all his attention on you again. “Do you want medicine?” Joon asked you with doubt in his eyes. Obviously Mir’s remark made him doubt his own abilities when it came to taking care of you. “I don’t think it’ll work. I probably ate something bad…” you started, though before you could finish you had to lean over the toilet again.

This went on for a while. Joon stayed by your side all the time, nervously watching you. He was worried and refused to go to bed as long as you stayed in the bathroom. Eventually you found yourself able to get up and walk back to bed under his assistance. “I’ll place a bucket right here, okay jagi?” he said, carefully covering you with the blankets. “And I’ll be right by your side if you need anything. Don’t even think about getting up, okay?” he added, lying down on your other side after he made sure you had a bucket. You nodded weakly, feeling the need to go to sleep. You were exhausted right now. And soon you drifted away.

The soft feeling of two warm fingers on your cheek pulled you out of your dream. “Jagi… jaaagiii.”  His lovely voice said. Slowly you opened your eyes, staring into his. “Hi…” you said, your voice cracking and weak. “It is past 2pm, I think you should get up sleepyhead.” He grinned. Your eyes got wide as you realized how late it was. You wanted to get up, but his hands kept you down. He was just grinning at you, even though you were completely panicking. Was he crazy? He had a schedule today! You had work today! Both of you weren’t supposed to be here at this time of the day! You tried to fight him but there was no use. “Just relax jagi, I arranged everything. You are having a sick day off from work and I have a day to take care of my girlfriend.” He said, sounding excited. You didn’t think it was all too awesome. Leave it to Joon to get excited over something as taking care of you. He probably enjoys playing nurse. Or doctor, whichever really works. It was good you didn’t have to work though. “How do you feel?” he asked before you could say anything. “Slightly better….” You mumbled, thinking about it. The thought of food still repelled you, but the nausea and jabs of pain were mostly gone. “Aha.  I see.” He said, making you smile at him. “So are you my doctor for today, oppa?” you asked. He started to nod happily. “Neh! And I prepared something great for my jagiya!” he exclaimed happily. Oh goodness.

Suddenly you felt his hands go under the blankets. Within seconds he had you in his arms bridal style and carried you off to the living room. What you saw there made you feel all bubbly inside.  He had built some sort of a fort for you, consisting of a bunch of pillows, blankets and even little lights decorating it. He even included the TV into the fort, which seemed to be plugged into his laptop. “Oh.” You said, gasping for air as you took it all in. “You did all of this?” you asked, watching him as he gently put you down in the middle of the pillows. “Neh. Looks cool, doesn’t it?” he grinned, looking at the blankets that were draped from the ceiling around the both of you. You had no idea how he did it, but it was amazing. “Now you can imagine yourself as a princess in her castle and I’ll protect it!” he grinned, overjoyed with the idea of protecting you as a real knight. You giggled happily. “I also spent this morning downloading all your favorite movies. They’re in the original English version of course, to make it more real for you.” He grinned. You knew he would have a lot of trouble following everything, but appreciated him doing this for you. “You’re the sweetest.” You smiled, kissing your own hand before blowing a kiss into his direction. He slightly pouted. “Don’t I deserve a real kiss?” he whined. “Aniyo, I’m sick Joonie.” You said, shaking your head at him. You didn’t want him to get sick either. Even though you suspected you just ate something wrong , you couldn’t risk it. What if you really had something else?  “Aish, so what?” He pouted; it was heartbreaking to watch him like that. “Aniyo, you might get sick too!” you replied. “Might. So it’s not sure, right? “He grinned mischievously. “Oppa, don’t even think about it.” you said, directing your gaze in a different direction. You were pretty sure his pout would convince you if you kept looking at him. “Fine.” He mumbled. You both stayed silence for a while. Until you felt his lips gently graze the skin of your bare shoulder. He moved to your neck, making you feel his warm breath. “Oppa..” you started, wanting to object but nothing came out. “You said I couldn’t kiss you jagiya. Technically I’m not doing that.” He replied calmly. He had a point. And quite frankly, you really didn’t want to stop him from doing this. His lips gently moved over your skin, yet never really touched you. The only thing you felt was the silky feeling of his rosy lips and his cool breath brushing against your skin. It really drove you crazy, making it hard to breath. You turned around to look at him, planning on saying something, when his warm lips quickly pressed against yours.

“Score!” he exclaimed, a wide smile on his lips. “Aish, you’re so sneaky, you know that?” you giggled.  “Yep, but don’t act as if you don’t like it.” he replied with a smirk before wrapping his arms around you and pulling you on his lap. His back hug was sweet and caring. “Is my jagi feeling a bit better already?” he asked you. “We’re getting there.” You joked, pressing the play-button to start playing your favorite movie. Today was going to be a good day.