01.

Valentine's Day with Someone New

 

A taxi, an old enemy, and Valentine's Day.
 
You sighed as you ran your fingers through your hair. Work had been really boring recently. No one, other than the regulars, rarely ever came in. You wouldn't be surprised if you lost your job because the café closed. Adding to your frustration, tomorrow was Valentine's day. It's not that you hated the day, because you didn't, you just never had anybody to share it with. Looking at the clock, you smiled slighty as your shift had ended. 
 
Grabbing your coat, you booted it out of the café, not wanting to be there any longer than you had to be. The wind had picked up a lot since your shift started and the clouds blocked the sun, so you decided on getting a taxi. 
 
"Taxi!" You called waving your hand in the air excitedly as you saw a cab round the corner. But you weren't the only one who called for the vehicle. Running up to you, you saw it was none other than Lee Minhyuk, or as his fans knew him; B-Bomb. You had gone to school with Minhyuk, and you two had been labeled enemies. It's not that person A had done something to person B, but you two were more like rivals during highschool. You both enjoyed dancing, and it was always a friendly competition, but eventually you guys took it to far, and were just mean to eachother.
 
The taxi stopped infront of you as Minhyuk caught up to you. "Hey, ______ is that you? How have you been?" He asked. You scoffed. "Why do you care?" Opening the taxi door, Minhyuk grabbed your wrist.
 
"Sorry we won't be needing a ride anymore." Minhyuk said to the driver, as he pulled you away from the car. With the taxi driver driving off, you looked at Minhyuk, bewildered.
 
"Why'd you do that? I need to get home!" You yelled, punching him in the arm. Rubbing his arm, Minhyuk smirked. "I'll walked you home."
 
"Thanks, but no thanks." You told him, rolling your eyes as you turned away. "H-hey hey, wait!" He exclaimed, running up to you. "Why can't old friends catch up?" He asked.
 
You looked at him. "We weren't friends remember? We were rivals, and we bullied eachother all the time. Why would you even want to walk me home? You can go away any time now."
 
Minhyuk laughed lightly. " Just because we bullied eachother doesn't I didn't consider you a friend. C'mon just let me walk you home. How are you doing?"
 
You decided to just let it slip, and be nice to Minhyuk. The sooner you got home, the sooner he'd be gone. "I'm doing okay I guess. I'll probably lose my job soon, but that's okay, I'll just find another one." You didn't really know why you were telling him this, but you didn't really care.
Minhyuk nodded as he listened. "Why would you lose your job?"
 
"No one ever comes in anymore now that there's the new coffee shop down the street. We only really ever get regulars now, and that's not a lot." You sighed, sort of sadly. You actually really liked that job.
 
As Minhyuk and you were walking home, you two continued to talk about a lot: you're job and life, and his life in Block B. You two were actually getting along, like you had been friends all along. And you really liked it. 
 
As you got to the end of your driveway, you turned around. "Well, this is it."
Minhyuk looked at you. "Uhm, are you working tomorrow, _____ ?" You nodded.
"Yup.. 11 until 6."
 
Minhyuk nodded, the situation becoming a little awkward. " Well I'll see you around _____, it was nice actually getting along with you" He said smirking. You nodded. Minhyuk leaned down quickly to kiss your cheek, before turning abruptly and waving good-bye. You reached up and touched your cheek where he had kissed you. Oddly enough, it was nice. And you hoped you'd actually see him soon.
 
~~
 
You walked to work, the sun shining brightly, unlike yesterday. You couldn't stop thinking about Minhyuk, whether that was a good thing or a bad thing you didn't know. As you walked into the café you noticed music was playing. It was Block B's song 11:30, one of your favourites.
 
You looked towards the small stage, unused since customers stopped showing up. There they were, all of Block B. You smiled slightly as you walked to the counter, pulling on your apron and grabbing a notepad.
 
When Block B finished a few of their slower songs, they introduced themselves to you, and asked if they could help out. Minhyuk walked towards you. " I thought you might want some help on getting your customers back.." He said rubbing his neck nervously.
 
You nodded, a blush creeping on your face. "Well.. Thankyou Minhyuk." 
 
Minhyuk smiled at you. "You're welcome ______. I know we haven't always been on the greatest of terms, but do you want to maybe go out for dinner tonight?" He asked nervously.
 
You looked up at him. A smile slowly appeared on your face. "I'd love to."
Minhyuk grabbed your face lightly, and kissed your lips gently.
 
"Happy Valentines Day, ____."