Dear diary

Birthday diary [One-shot]

July the 18th, 2005. 8:04pm

'Woooosh' I blew off all twelve candels and the whole crowd of trainees went wild, cheering and clapping for the mark of my 12th birthday. Since i was the youngest trainee in the company, everyone had doted on me. Ofcourse, i got the best birthday party and it was pretty much the most unforgettable one i had.

I remembered how i almost drowned in the pile of presents i recieved, especially the DBSK sunbae's, i still can't believe they got me a Michael Jackson signed poster. Which is now up on the wall of our bedroom. So Nyeo Shi Dae noonas, SHINee member's, Superjunior sunbae's and little Sulli's faces, i still hadn't forget. How i smiled so whole heartedly and brightly, i am thankful that all of them took care of me even though it was only my first year there.

 

July the 18th 2006 9:11pm

"Saengil chulka hamnida! Saengil chulka hamnida! Sarang hanul Taeminie! Saengil chulka ham-ni-daaaaaaaaa!" The room echoed the lively sounds of the birthday song. The second year of training in SM Ent. but we were practically already a family, never been closer.

"Happy 13th birthday Taemin ah!" Jonghyun hyung gave me a little hug before messing up my hair. Then out of nowhere, i got smeared with cake and icing all over my face, a birthday bash.

Everyone wished me a happy birthday. I even got wishes from other newer trainees, but they were older ofcourse. It was only a small birthday party with my closest families, DBSK sunbaes could'nt make it because of their tight scheduels in Japan and some of the Suju and Snsd members weren't there. But nevertheless, i was happy, i really was.

That night, i slept peacefully.

 

July the 18th, 2007. 10:50pm

That year was really hectic and busy in the company, if Dbsk were'nt enough, Snsd noonas had debuted and the Suju sunbaes were getting really popular all over asia. Me? I was finally chosen to debut, together with four other guys to form a group, the name wasn't decided yet.

I really liked my members as i was already friends with Jonghyung and Kibum hyung, and i occassionaly talked with Minho and Jinki hyung, they seemed nice.

We had endless dance practices, vocal training and whatnot for our debut next year. Morning to night, 24/7 were non stop moving around, meetings and discussion were held every once in two days. From album recording to our debut concept style, everything was done so seriously, it was the real deal at that time. We even often skip meals, feeling worn out and hungry by the end of the day, it was no time to worry about birthdays.

Still, the hyungs managed to pull off a short mini 14th birthday celebration, just between us members. Because we spend so much time together, we became even closer, like brothers.

 

July the 18th, 2008. 10:28pm

It had been two months since we had officially debuted as SHINee, with a song called "Noona Neomu Yeppo". We were dressed in bright colourful skinny jeans and graphic tees. Kibum hyung was known as Key and Jinki hyung changed to Onew, how cool was that? Our haircuts were pretty normal except for mine, it was a mushroom cut. Ididn't like it at first, but fans seemed to love it so i had to get used to that hair.

Anyway, the responce was overwhelming, i did not expected it to be so anticipated by people. As a newbie group, we had alot of fans.

That year, that year was different. Instead of the usual birthday celebration back in the company like the previous years, i recieved many expensive gifts that came in badge by badge in huge boxes and birthday messages from my fans and netizens. It was the first time i felt that way, suprised. "Is that how these fanclubs works?" I often ask myself.

We had a performance on Music Bank, the fan chants were exceptionally loud that day. When it was my turn to sing, the crowed cheered even louder. The memebers gave me eye contacts and smiled slightly. It was only backstage where i had the time to eat the cake prepared by the members and manger hyung. Not excluding makeup and cordi noonas.

Many birthday videos were uploaded onto websites like Shakizi and Youtube, all over the internet. Though birthday was cool, i had a hard time in school as a celebrity. Sure i had friends and classmates congratulating me, but there was also the other group of people, called the anti-fans. I had to live a low profile not only in school but also everywhere i went. Everywhere.

I celebrated my 15th birthday with the fans.

 

July the 18th, 2009. 11:30pm

One year being in the music industry, i've learnt alot. SHINee was gaining alot of attention and our fanclub, SHINee world, was already accumiliating the numbers, increasing and increasing everyday. After our release of Love Like Oxygen and A.M.I.G.O, we had alot of stage performances and fan signs in between. No rest until the week before we cameback with the Juliette mini album.

Our style changed and i had died my hair, fans commented i looked manlier but still too skinny. Sometimes i wish they knew how much i eat in one day, i was just the type who won't grow fat.

The gifts arrived outside our dorm on time, just like lasts year's. It wasnt much of a difference actually, just that i had more messages and wishes since we had created our Me2Day and UFO accounts. I had a fun time communicating with the fans.

No celebration with the members this time due to our heavy schedules and constant flying back and forth from different countries. They did sing me a Happy Birthday Song though and i recieved quite a few message from other idols and friends.

 

July the 18th, 2010. 8:45am

This year, SHINee is not a newbie group anymore. We've all moved on from little boys to men. All of us grew up, it just happened. Ring ding dong happened, and now we're all over asia. I sort of understand now what the Suju hyungs meant that night before we debuted.

Minho hyung and i were casted as a regular on Starking and SHINee had made special appearances on many variety shows like Star Golden Bell.. The last half of the year 2009 and the first half of this year was madness. Performances on each day, everytime it was either Ring Ding Dong or Jojo, if not, Replay. I was getting kind of tired from constantly dancing to the same songs. Just look at Jonghyun hyung's face, it all shows.

We're coming back soon, with Lucifer as our tittle song. The commotion is about our extreme makeovers and hair, especially Key hyung's. It is half shaved! Also, i've been reading comments about my new hair, some say i look even more feminine but i thank the others who said that i look manlier with it.

The hair i can understand, but i don't get why people are hating on our song tittle, i don't. Can someone explain it to me? Anyway, the comeback photos, song medley, song tracklist and music video teaser is released, now all its left is the Comeback, live.

But whatever the case is, i wonder what am i going to do in this year's birthday.

 

July the 18th, 2010. 12:16pm

Today, i..

 

Sorry the server has crashed, please restart your webpage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i guess i'm done with this one shot. The last bit, i will leave it up to you guy's imagination! I hope Taeminie enjoyed his birthday today :) Thanks for reading!