Final

I Missed You

 

It was almost three o'clock in the morning when Hyukjae stepped inside the doorway to his and Donghae's shared bedroom, not expecting his lover to be awake. He thought Donghae would have been sound asleep, as he usually went to bed very early because of his schedules. Hyukjae would be lucky to see Donghae awake after ten o'clock on any given day.
 
Hyukjae thought wrong. Setting his keys and cell phone down on the nightstand, he spun around to meet Donghae's gaze. The latter was very much awake.
 
Donghae, who was curled up in his blanket - looking very much like an Eskimo, screeched and hopped up from his bed. The blanket fell straight to the floor, and Donghae almost tripped while running towards the blonde. "Hyuk!"
 
Hyukjae grinned and laughed as Donghae leaped into his arms, wrapping his legs around Hyukjae's waist. Hyukjae slipped his arms around Donghae and hoisted him up so he wouldn't fall, "Someone sure seemed to have missed me."
 
"Oh, like you didn't miss me too," Donghae teased, resting his head into Hyukjae's chest.
 
It had been three months since he and Hyukjae had last seen each other. Hyukjae was off in multiple foreign countries, helping SM Entertainment advertise by showing off "their ability to be international," as Lee Soo Man had put it.
 
Of course, this put a lot of stress on the couple. Not being able to see each other for such an extended amount of time was bad enough, but on top of that Hyukjae was limited to the amount of calls he could send and receive. Donghae would only get to talk to Hyukjae once or twice a week - maybe another random call somewhere throughout the week, if he got lucky.
 
It didn't help that Donghae also had a very busy schedule and often wasn't awake the same time Hyukjae was. Therefore, when he did get a random call from Hyukjae, he most-likely didn't - or rather couldn't - pick up. It was those times that Hyukjae missed Donghae the most.
 
"Oh, yeah, I am so glad to see you," Hyukjae said sarcastically though it was obvious he was just joking. He kissed Donghae on the top of his head. Then on his cheek, his forehead, his eyebrows, his nose, his entire face - until he finally got to Donghae's lips.
 
He paused a moment, looking into Donghae's chocolatey brown eyes before letting his eyes slip shut and pressing his lips against his lover's.
 
Oh, how he longed for the feel of Donghae's lips. Donghae's touch. Just..Donghae.
 
Hyukjae could practically feel the want radiating off of Donghae. "I missed you," Donghae said between breaths.
 
The kiss was passionate and loving - as if it were trying to speak all of the words neither of them could speak quite correctly.
 
"Why are you awake? Don't you have an early schedule tomorrow?" Hyukjae pulled away.
 
"I knew you were coming home tonight, so I just decided to wait for you," Donghae gripped Hyukjae tighter, pulling him in for another kiss.
 
Hyukjae walked over to his bed, falling back against the soft material. Donghae fell with him, giggling as Hyukjae let a little 'unf!' escape from his lips. 
 
Hyukjae sighed and allowed his eyes to close. Donghae pulled himself further up on Hyukjae, adjusting himself to fit right on top of him. He kissed his lover's jawline, leaving wet trails behind. He stopped and laid his head on Hyukjae's chest.
 
Neither of them spoke, instead they just sat there holding each other.
 
"Hyukkie," Donghae broke the silence and looked up at the elder.
 
"Hmmm?" The other replied, cracking an eye open to meet Donghae's gaze.
 
"I really did miss you," he threaded his fingers through Hyukjae's long locks.
 
"Me too. More than I'd like to admit." The room went silent. It wasn't awkward - not in the slightest - it was due more to the fact that Hyukjae admitted he missed Donghae.
 
Both Donghae and Hyukjae knew that this wasn't something easy for the latter to do. Hyukjae was never one to express his feelings directly - especially towards Donghae. He was more of an "actions speak better than words" type of guy. Randomly hugging his lover, or holding his hand just to let him know he was thinking about him. Getting the the other members out of the house so they could be alone - even if it was just for an hour or so. He even tried to take him out on proper dates whenever he had the chance.
 
"Your hair has gotten longer," Donghae suddenly said. "Your roots are showing, too. Jeez, didn't the noonas there keep up with you?"
 
Hyukjae pretended to look offended, but of course he wouldn't be able to keep a straight face for long. "Says the one who hasn't done his roots since the last time I seen you! Who are you to talk?"
 
"Tch, I still look good. You on the other hand..." Donghae trailed off, only to receive a slap on his shoulder.
 
"Yah! I'm ten times better-looking than you ever have been - including when you went through your blonde phase." Hyukjae laughed, glad that the silence had disappeared and was replaced with their usual messing around.
 
"That's not what the fans think~" Donghae teased, giving his boyfriend a smirk.
 
Hyukjae glared at him, mentally punching his boyfriend in the arm. How he could ever put up with this fish was beyond his comprehension. "You are so lucky I'm too tired right now to get up and make you pay for that."
 
"Even if you weren't tired, there's no way you'd hurt this beautiful face," Donghae gave Hyukjae a giant grin and leaped up from the bed before Hyukjae had the chance to hit him.