Eternally Yours.

This Life is Yours!: Eternally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sunggyu woke up the next morning, and opened the window to greet the cool breeze outside. He couldn't wait to visit Han Sora again although there had been no changes in her condition for days. It had been almost 4 days since he first saw her sleeping in the ward alone and each day, he would feel rather delighted upon seeing her face.

 

 

It was as if looking at her was a joy itself; though he wanted so bad to hear her voice and look into her eyes...

 

 

It was almost evening when he got the chance to visit her again. He walked up to her ward, feeling rather strange and when he opened the door, his heart almost stopped. Han Sora was sitting up, looking away towards the windows. The orange sunlight was bathing her bed and her hair shone strangely; highlighting her dark brown hair. Sunggyu stood watching her back for a moment before he walked closer to her bed; feeling his heart beating furiously.

 

 

She turned when he was just a feet away from her bed. Her face was calm and a bit pale and her eyes were shining oddly and somehow looking a bit distant. Sunggyu stood motionless for a while, looking at her and Sora was just looking at him before a smile formed across her face.

 

 

"You're really awake." She said, smiling graciously, more to herself.

 

 

Sunggyu blinked rapidly and went on looking at her. "Um... Yeah... You know me, I guess?" He asked, somehow with a bit hesitation.

 

 

Sora smiled brightly but her eyes were sad. "Kim Sunggyu-sshi."

 

 

Sunggyu didn't know why the sound of her voice calling his name like that brought his heart to such a delight but there was a deep sorrow that he was never able to explain. He nodded his head. "Yeah... That's me... Can I... Can I sit down?"

 

 

Sora was just smiling. "Sure."

Sunggyu sat on the chair, feeling a bit awkward. "When did you wake up...?"

 

 

Sora tilted her head and looked at him rather oddly before smiling but she never answered the question. She however was just looking at him, as if she got something to say but was shut tight. Sunggyu didn't feel all that uncomfortable but he wished that Sora would say something.

 

 

"Han Thora-sshi." He began and he saw as her face looked at him with wonder. "I... I read your name on the patient's information..." He said, scratching his head nervously. Sora looked a bit sad for a split second before she smiled again.

 

 

"Well... Um... for these past few days... I've been visiting you." He said, looking at her calm eyes.

She looked down her hands clenched together on her lap and then she looked at him. "You did?"

"Um..." Sunggyu nodded. "I just thought that maybe you'll get lonely because you're staying in this ward all alone so I just came by and rant things to you... I wonder if you heard any of them?"

Sora laughed a bit and Sunggyu looked at her in awe, admiring her face that somehow shone a bit. She cocked her head sideways and looked at her wall ahead of her, pouting a bit.

"I might have heard something." She began. "But I didn't know who was talking. It was a nice voice of someone. It made me didn't want to wake up." She exclaimed; her eyes were flickering. "It was almost like... a lullaby..."

 

 

Her smile disappeared as she stared down her hands again, and Sunggyu couldn't help to notice how her chest was heaving up and down and her lips were somehow trembling. She took a deep breath and after a few seconds, she looked up again smiled as if nothing was wrong. Sunggyu looked at her, feeling even stranger.

 

 

"So... Han Thora-sshi..."

"Yes?"

"How did you get stabbed...?"

Sora looked down his chest and her face was deep in thought as her hand touched her stomach. "It was my fate..."

"Fate...?" Sunggyu looked at her strangely, not able to comprehend the meaning of her words.

She smiled again but she said nothing.

"Were you robbed? Why were you there?" He asked, curiously.

"I wasn't robbed." She said, looking a bit distant. "But something was taken away from me..."

"Something?" Sunggyu's heart sank somehow. She couldn't mean that... She got...

"Um." She nodded and continued, "Though actually it was me who was giving it away..."

"Han Thora-sshi..." Sunggyu felt his stomach had gone hollow. "You gave it away? What did you give away?"

"Days." She said, and her eyes were flickering again.

"Days?"

"Um." She nodded. "Days. But I don't regret giving it away."

Sunggyu didn't really understand what she was trying to say but he couldn't seem to think of any way to make her speak without using such subtle words. She was looking at him again, rather longingly again.

"Did the culprit do something bad to you...?" He asked, carefully.

Sora looked at him with widened eyes before smiling sadly to herself. "No. I wasn't or anything."

Sunggyu lost his focus all of the sudden and felt awfully embarrassed for some reason. "I didn't mean to pry or anything ..."

"It's okay." She said, shaking her head slowly. "I don't mind you asking at all, Kim Sunggyu-sshi."

Again, the sound of her voice saying his name was somehow tugging his heart and he wanted her to call his name again; and again.

"Why were you there again...?" He asked, after a few seconds.

She stared at him and smiled flatly. "I was... chasing after someone."

"Chasing after someone? Who were you chasing?"

She looked at him and her lips were trembling again. "Kim Sunggyu-sshi?"

Sunggyu sat up straight, feeling a bit anxious for a bit. "Yes?"

"Have you met the members after you woke up?" She watched his face.

"I did. I've met them all." Sunggyu said, smiling faintly. "It was good to see them."

"Really..." She smiled to herself. "You were away for such a long time, Kim Sunggyu-sshi. I'm sure you missed them a lot."

Sunggyu nodded and looked down on her hands, wondering what she meant by 'were away'. "Yeah, it was great to see them again and not only that... I got to meet you as well since... I got nothing else to do at this hospital, with all those therapies."

Sora looked at him strangely. "Me?"

"Yeah... I'm not sure why but I'm quite happy that you are awake now." He said, rather quickly.

She watched his face with her keen eyes, making him nervous. "Is that so... Thank you... Kim Sunggyu-sshi really is a nice person." She looked down her hands again.

Sunggyu cleared his throat. "Well... I heard that you like Infinite and that you want to marry my voice?"

Sora laughed a bit. "I guess you heard that from Sunghee? Yeah... I like Kim Sunggyu-sshi the most..." She looked at him and her eyes were sad and almost teary and Sunggyu who was watching her eyes gulped as he felt his heart sinking for no reason.

 

 

 

"Thank... Thank you." He said, feeling rather down. Both of them went silent for a moment.

"I hope you will get back on stage and keep on singing, Kim Sunggyu-sshi." She said after a while, trying her best to smile as cheerfully. "I'm sure many people missed you."

"I will." He said, smiling. "I hope to see you among the crowds someday."

Sora stared at him rather bleakly but she said nothing. She looked outside the window for a while. "The sky is getting dark..."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter