Final

Dozens of Roses

Jonghyun waits in his boyfriend's apartment patiently, sitting on the arm rest of the white, leather couch, holding the dozens of roses in his hands. His boyfriend is at the dance studio, practicing for a world-wide competition, his boyfriend had claimed. Jonghyun couldn't wait to shower and surprise his boyfriend with the cheesy gifts and beautiful flowers he had bought. He knows his boyfriend disliked  Valentine's Day, thinking it was an overrated and cliché holiday that shouldn't be celebrated.

However, unlike his boyfriend, Jonghyun had always been enchanted by Valentine's Day, since the day he turned six years old. He had given his first paper valentine card to one of his sister's friends, Sooyoung, who was ten years older than him. She had reacted by giggling, and kissed him on the cheek. His older sister Songdam, laughed along and walked away. That kiss had made Jonghyun fall in love with Valentine's Day ever since.

Jonghyun makes random, bored noises as he waits longer. He checks his watch repeatedly, sighing. He stands up and reorganizes the stuffed animals he bought, each bear holding a small, plush, red heart. He knows it's cheesy and lame, but he knows his boyfriend will secretly love it.

He hears the something click behind the door, and he jumps in excitement. Jonghyun looks around the room, checking if anything was out of place. He puts on his most charming grin, and stands a couple of feet away from the door.

The door knob turns, and it opens, and in walks Jonghyun's beautiful boyfriend, Key. The younger is wearing black jeans, and a blunt, neon blue tank top. His ear slightly shines with his new piercings. His naturally, pink lips gape as he inspects his congested room of stuffed animals.

"Happy Valentine's Day, yeobo!" Jonghyun squeals like a young girl, running towards him with open arms. He runs into a stiffened Key, who is pushed against the door. Jonghyun wraps his arms around Key's slim upper body, planting butterfly kisses on the younger's neck. Key is still shocked at the horrid objects surrounding his entire living room. There is a large, red banner that said: 'Happy Valentine's Day, My Love!"

Teddy bears sit everywhere, white ones, black ones, and even red and pink ones fill up every spot on his couch. There is about twenty flowers in his kitchen, and on his coffee table.

"Do you like it?" The older asks, pulling away but still gripping onto Key's lithe arms. The latter takes his gaze off the objects, and glares at Jonghyun. He crosses his arms.

"Didn't I already tell you, Kim Jonghyun?" Key says, voice low. "I hate Valentine's Day."

He shoves Jonghyun's arm off, walking to the kitchen, and pulls out a water bottle from the fridge. He chugs the entire bottle down his throat, panting heavily after. Jonghyun pouts and follows his boyfriend.

"But, yeobo," he whines, "I bought all these gifts for you!"

Key throws Jonghyun a quick scowl, before he walks into the living room, and kicks the bears away. He is stretching, leaning on one side of his legs, so he could touch the other.

"Yeobo!" Jonghyun pouts, pulling Key's arm up. The younger is forced up, and he groans.

"Jonghyun, this is just too much," Key moans, throwing up his arms. "You know I don't like this holiday. It just reminds me of the The Idiot."

The older sighs, his shoulders sagging at the memory.

Four years ago, Key dated a man for three years, than on Valentine's Day, Key had also planned a special event for this man, and when he came home, he found his boyfriend in bed, with another woman. Key remembered being scarred for life, and hating Valentine's Day since. He thought it would give him bad luck every time he would spend it with a boyfriend.

Jonghyun steps forward, and hugs his boyfriend lovingly. He whispers calmly,

"Bummie, I know that you hate it. I know you it reminds you of that . I know that you never wanted to celebrate it again," Jonghyun says clearly. "But, I'm not him. I'm Jonghyun - your boyfriend that loves you so, so much."

"Your boyfriend that is willing to spoil you, and make love to you anytime. I would never hurt you, Key."

"And that's a promise."

Key inhales sharply, responding by wrapping his own arms around Jonghyun, and sniffs his scent, which reeks of cologne. But that doesn't bother Key - because Jonghyun's imperfections is what makes him, Kim Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun," Key calls after a long silence and moments of swaying side to side in an embrace. Jonghyun hums, kissing underneath Key's earlobe. The younger slightly shivers at the pair lips that touches his weak spot.

"Thank you for doing this," he whispers. "I'm sorry you have to deal with me."

"Yeobo, you are not a problem to me. Stop saying that." Jonghyun replies sternly, placing his lips upon Key's forehead. The latter laughs quietly, and stares at Jonghyun. It may sound creepy, but the tension wasn't. They languidly closed the distance between them, and their lips met. It is like a puzzle piece ; their lips fit perfectly together. If you don't put them together, nothing is right.

They move slowly towards the couch, and they lay on top of each other, lips still attached. Jonghyun is hovering over Key, one hand beside the latter's face, and the other on Key's delicate face. The younger's hands are on Jonghyun's neck and kisses eagerly.

This feels so perfect : For Key to be in love with Jonghyun. To be in his arms. To finally realize what true love is. To find out what the true intentions in love is.

To finally find his right boyfriend.

Jonghyun slowly pulls away from the kiss, quietly panting.

"Happy Valentine's Day, yeobo," he whispers. "I love you."

Key still hates the overrated holiday - but he wants to give it a try. Just for his boyfriend, Kim Jonghyun. 

Key laughs quietly, and pecks Jonghyun on the lips.

"I love you too, Jonghyun."


a/n- Ayo! Fluffiness yay! I apologize for it being so short - I don't have time to write a really long one. childish!jonghyun, yay!

Well, Happy Valentine's Day, babies.

Christy

VisionOfPerfection ♥