The best way to Enjoy Coffee

The best way to Enjoy Coffee

The Best Way to Enjoy Chocolate

You know he has been through a lot of hardships lately, and even though he tells you he´s fine, you can see how exhausted he really is as you regard him silently from your corner. Keonu is sitting on his bed, playing on his guitar, and writing down some notes from time to time. The former LEDApple member is silent, but you can tell that his mind speaks volumes.

He has been working hard lately. Since he became a former member of LEDApple, he has done everything in his might to compose songs. Even though he won´t tell you, you think the DJ isn´t so sure about what path he wants to take in the future. Keonu only wants to protect you, but sometimes it feels like he´s distancing himself. It hurts to be so close, yet so far, to the man you love and is supposed to be going out with.  You hug your knees to your chest.

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, and even though Keonu must have forgotten about it, you´re secretly planning to spend the whole February the 14th to make him as happy as you possibly could. A smile grows on your lips.

“That smile…” Keonu must have stopped playing a while ago, to regard you. “What are you thinking of?”

“Nothing.” You smile at him teasingly. “By the way, I know you are busy but, can I take you somewhere tomorrow?”

“Eh, sure.” He answers, looking a bit out of balance.

You grin as you get up from your seat by his working desk and laptop. You grab your bag, before you give him one last smile for the day.

“See you then.”

Keonu looks surprised and a bit dissapointed, then, he looks at his watch. It´s late, and since you live on the other side of Seoul, you need to catch the subway.

“I´m sorry, I didn´t realize it was this late…” He murmurs. “I´ll walk you there…”

“No don´t worry.” You shake your head. Disturbing him when he is composing is the last thing you want to do. “So tomorrow at 12AM, ok?”

Keonu approaches you, dressed in his long jacket, muffler and glasses. He´s so handsome. His ears are a tiny bit red because of the cold, but other than that, his skin is as white as the snow that´s slowly falling over Seoul. You dressed up a bit, but nothing too obvious. Your motto has always been to look fresh, but not too eye-catching.

“Follow me.” You tell him as he reaches you.

His eyes widen a little behind his glasses but he follows you silently, hands in his pockets. A small grin grows on his lips, as he wonders what you´re up to. You rarely act like this. The streets are crowded with people, even though it´s a school day. You don´t know why but people usually don´t recognize Keonu or approach him on the streets even though he was a LEDApple member for a while. If they did, it would have been a bother.

 You turn the corner, and you´re there.

“Starbucks?” Keonu utters, as he looks at the green logo.

You guys have been there before, since Keonu is a big fan of coffee, so he seems a bit surprised over why you made a trip there a secret.  You like to keep him wondering. The two of you enters, and the bitter scent of grinded coffee hits you in the face.

You wink at him before you order. “Two large black coffees please!”

Keonu can´t help but let a smile grow bigger on his lips as he watches you order the drink he loves the most: coffee. He´s starting to relax a bit as you sit down on the second floor, by the window where you can observe the current of busy people below.  It´s always warm and cozy at Starbucks.

You pull something up from your bag. Your boyfriend´s eyes widen a bit at the sight of the pink package of chocolate.

“I bought this at that chocolate store you know? I love it. I can´t usually eat dark chocolate but…” You pause, as you look at him, checking if he gets the hint.“The best way to enjoy this kind of chocolate…” You start, as you reach out for a piece. “Is to put this on your tongue, and take a sip of black, bitter coffee.”

You break off a piece, puts in on your tongue, and takes a sip. It´s the perfect mix of bitterness and sweetness and a soft sound leaves your lips. You smile at Keonu and hands him the chocolate. “Try it.” What you didn’t notice was just how he looked at you, while were eating, and how the realization hit him in the face. He looks down at his phone, and sees the date. Eyes widen, and guilt fills the DJ´s stomach. Keonu accepts the chocolate, and his long fingers brush against yours as he takes. It sends an electrifying feeling down your spine, but you just smile. He puts on his pink tongue, and adds coffee. A warm sensation makes your whole body tingle as he smiles at you, making a “mmm” sound, saying it´s tasty.

“This is really good but…I know a better way.” He tells you with a confident grin.

It takes you off guard a bit, and you pout unconsciously. “There can´t possibly be a better--!”

Your eyes widen as Keonu suddenly leans over the table, touches your cheek gently and kisses you. The taste of chocolate and coffee lingers on is lips. The sudden kiss makes you blush, and your cover your mouth in embarrassment as Keonu leans back with a content smile.  You are speechless for a moment. Luckily, you were sitting at a quite isolated place at Starbucks. Otherwise, you´d have turned tomato red.

You look at him with a confused face. Usually, Keonu doesn´t show affection so suddenly.

“Thank you for staying by my side, worrying and caring about me, even though I´m such a bad boyfriend.” Keonu tells you softly, looking at the cup of coffee in his hands rather than at your face.

He glances up at you. “I´m going to work hard, so I can support us in the future. It´s a promise.”

Your eyes widen at this. You never thought he was a bad boyfriend.“I´ll work hard too.” You tell him with a confident smile. “Don´t stress yourself out.”

Even though he doesn´t say it, Keonu seems to beat himself up over the fact that he always makes you worry about him. He´s been so caught up in finding his new path so he neglected you in many ways, yet you stayed close by his side.

“Once I graduate university, I’ll become this cool hardworking woman…!” You tell him with a fire in your eyes.

Keonu laughs softly, as he takes your hand in his. Massaging your knuckles with his thumb gently. A small blush colors your pale cheeks tomato red as you look him in the eye. His dark orbs are so kind, and you think to yourself:”I have the best boyfriend in the world”.