caramel latte

Sweet Scent of Caramel Latte

 

 

 

Drip…drop…drip…drop…

Drops of rain fell from the skies, damping the whole Seoul. A girl, whom was drenched in the rain, was running to find a shelter. I thought the weather report said it would not rain today! , she groaned in her thought.

A small café was what she found and was a perfect place to stay for a while until the rain gone. She pushed the door and the chimes could be heard. As soon as she stepped in, she could felt the warmth after all the cold rain drenching her with a sweet, soothing scent could be smell.

Despite the café have no customers, it looked cozy and comfortable. She went to sit at the wooden oak chair which was besides the tall, glass window. She put her arms on the table, using her palm to support her chin and watched the rain drops that were sliding down the glass, like they’re racing with each other. The rain seems to be getting worse with the loud thunder and strikes of lighting. Then, it hit her. Where’s the worker?

She looked around the café and can’t even saw one silhouette. But then, she suddenly saw a light, coming from behind the silver door. Maybe they’re in there? With that thought, she stood up and made her way towards the door behind the counter and pushed the silver door opened.

The room was bright with all the lights switch on. She slowly walked towards the island that was at the middle of the room, as the door closed itself. The island was messy with many sizes of spoons and cups scattered. There even some stained on it, probably coffee stains. But what attracts her attention was a white cup that filled with coffee and there’s even a beautiful swirls on it. How a coffee could be made like this? , she thought, tilting her head.

“What are you doing here?”

A deep voice startled her. She jumped a little and turned around to see a tall, handsome man. He looked at her with sharp, cold eyes. His jet black hair was a little messy and his white shirt had many stains.

“Err…”

It felt like there’s a lump in that prevents her from talking. At her lack of respond, the man ignored her by walking pass her and started to clean the island. Naeun face was flushed in embarrassment.

She turned around, facing him that was busy cleaning the island. She awkwardly cleared as she leaned towards the wall. She watched the man disappeared behind the other door at the end of the room. A deep sigh escaped between her lips as she felt suffocated in the air of awkwardness.

She stared at the floor as it was the most interesting thing and was in a deep thought. Little that she knows, that the man was standing beside her with a slight curve on his lips. Her eyes widen when a towel suddenly was on top of her head, covering her sight. She then later, grabbed the towel and was surprised to see he was beside her, shoving her some clothes.

“You’re drenched. Change your clothes and dry it.”

He said, coldly. Naeun was too shocked that she absentminded nodded her head and went towards the room that he went a while ago.

 

--*--

 

She stepped out of the room with an oversize black shirt that went on her thigh and a white short that could not be seen because of the shirt. She was wondering where he got it but she figured that maybe there’re just some extra clothes in the café.

A sweet scent went into her nostrils. The same scent she smell earlier when she got in. There, she saw the man was making something near the sink. She slowly went beside him, wondering what he was doing. The man could see her coming closer by the corner of his eyes.

Naeun was in amusement when she saw him pouring the milk into the cup and turned it into a beautiful shape, it was a shape of a swan.

“Woah...”

She let out a gasp. It was amazing on how he could make the swan by using the milk and it was beautiful too. A curved appeared on his lips. After he had finish, he gave the cup to her. Naeun blinked her eyes, innocently.

“I could…drink this?”

He nodded his head and Naeun grabbed the cup from his hand with her eyes sparkles. She clasping her hand around the cup; felt the warmth from it. Slowly, she brought to the cup and sipped it. Her eyes rounded in amaze.

“Wow, it’s the best coffee I have ever taste! I don’t know there’s a coffee that tastes sweet! ”

She exclaimed. The guy in front of him chuckled. Naeun was stunned as she stared at him. He looks cute when he smiles. She flinched when his thumb suddenly wiping off the cream from her lips. A tinted red appeared on her milky white cheeks. He smirked.

“If you want to know, that coffee,” he pointed to her cup “is a Caramel Latte. I put caramel in it, that’s why it tastes sweet.”

Naeun nodded her head and continued sipping the coffee he made. It’s really sweet and delicious.

“I guess the sweet scent was coming from this Caramel Latte. All these time, I thought that coffee supposed to taste bitter.” She confessed.

“You’re not really a fan of coffee, don’t you?”

The guy asked. Naeun nodded her head.

“Because coffee tastes bitter. If I would choose between coffee and tea, I would choose tea even though it tastes plain. But now, it changes.” She smiled sweetly towards him. “Because of the coffee you made.”

He felt his heart beat suddenly increasing. He cleared his throat, trying to cover his almost redden face. The naïve and innocent Naeun happily sipped the coffee again.

“Ah, I was wondering how you made the swan using the milk. It’s beautiful!” She exclaimed.

He smiled. “It’s called coffee art. Do you want to try?”

Her face lightens up and her eyes sparkled. She nodded her head, excitedly.

“Absolutely!”

 

--*--

 

The island was in it messy state again as he was teaching the clumsy Naeun on how to do it. She would sometimes make mistakes like over poured the milk and other simple mistakes.

After an hour and a half, she finally succeeds. With wide smile appeared on her face, she clasping both of her hand.

“I finally did it!”

She shouted in happiness and jumped up and down like a kid. He chuckled seeing her childish act. She stopped when she realized what she did a while ago. Her face was red in embarrassment. She cleared and gave the cup to him.

“As in return for your coffee.”

She smiled, he scoffed. He took the cup from her and brought the cup to his lips, sipping the coffee.

“How was it?”

She asked, happily. He glanced at her before putting the cup down.

“Horrible.”

He stuck his tongue out, childishly. Naeun scoffed at him and folded her arms and mumbled, “Meanie.”  The man giggled.

After that, they both started to clean up the mess together.

 

--*--

 

Naeun grabbed her things and went out from the kitchen. The man followed her.

“Thank you for letting me stays here for a while and teaching me some coffee art.”

She thanked him with a smile. He returned it.

“No problem.”

Naeun stared at him for a while, captivating by his smile.

“You know, you should smile often. You look nice and not so scary when you did that.”

She confessed suddenly that made his ears slowly turned red. “I’ll try.”

It was silent as a few rain drops could be heard from outside.

“Ah, right. We didn’t introduce ourselves yet.”

She hit her head, lightly. She took out her hand.

“I’m Son Naeun. Nice to meet you,” She ended with a sweet smile.

He shook her hand.

“Kim Myungsoo. Nice to meet you too,”

 

 

 

And at that time, the rain had stopped as the sun was shining brightly accompanied by the beautiful rainbow. 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author note:

lol, the ending I know =3=

Tell me your opinion on it~ Critisms are welcome~