It was love at first sight..

It was Love at First Sight

 

 
 
 
 
 
     There's always those people you see.. whether they be old, young, handsome, or misfortunate. You see them in places like on the street or a grocery store, but honestly... you don't even give two thoughts about them. And when you do, those thoughts don't seem to last very long before you forget about them and move on with your life.
 
     There's only a few, rare times when you think about some random person from the grocery way longer than you normally should. Somehow they captivate you so much that they leave you with nothing but regret.
 
     The regret that you didn't attempt to talk to them or make any type of conversation, besides a meek hello and goodbye.. What you regret the most of all though is that you know that the chances of you seeing that person again is very low. You're left wishing that you could have just one more chance to meet them again.. but after years go by, you find yourself realizing that they were just glimpse of something in your life that could have been. 
 
 

 

 
     This certain case concerns a young man. By pure accident, Yong Junhyung ran into one of the most unforgettable faces he could have ever hoped to imagine. It left him feeling something deep in his heart that he had never felt before, but it also had him feeling a deep sense regret as well. 
 
        Early on a Saturday morning, as the sun rose in the sky, Junhyung found himself tossing and tuning. Unable to fall back asleep. It was the weekend and he had no classes that day. There was no reason to why he should be awake that early and he had every intention of going back to sleep, but his eyes just wouldn't stay closed.. With nothing else to do and boredom slowly starting to take over, he decided to groggily pull himself out of bed and get dressed. 
 
       With his stomach rumbling, Junhyung decided to not stick around his boring apartment this morning, but take more of an adventure... Well he tried to justify it as an adventure, but in all honesty he just didn't have any food in his cabinets that he wanted to eat. It was the same brand of cereal and the same brand of pop tarts. He wanted something a little more substancey, so as he pulled his shoes on and grabbed a light cardigan, he hit the sidewalk.
 
        The neighborhood Junhyung lived in was rather diverse. It had young people and old. Married couples and then lonely little artists like himself. It was a very welcoming area though. It was quiet like Junhyung liked it, but then when he needed someone to talk to all he had to so was walk a few blocks down and he'd end up at his best friend's house. 
 
       What was also good about the area Junhyung lived in were all the small shops that were all around. There was an organic market if he walked the opposite way of where he was going, a jazz café three blocks down and to the left, and then just straight ahead there laid many other little local places, including a coffee shop that was just a 15 minute walk away.  
 
       The place had been there for awhile now and it was named something Italian like 'Caffè Dell'amore'... but Junhyung didn't really care about that. He couldn't pronounce it anyway, and the one time he had been there, it was when the place first opened maybe two years ago. He had ordered an iced caffè americano, but for some reason after he had left and was halfway home, he found himself drinking a way too sugary cappuccino. After that he never went back, but today Junhyung figured he'd give the place another chance. After all, it was two years ago that the incident had happened and he just really, really wanted something to eat and drink. 
 
       It was way too early for him to worry about that kind of stuff. He was fully awake now and it was a little after 7am. He had been walking for almost ten minutes and from the street he was on, he knew he was almost there.. When he finally reached a dark, red brick building with dainty round tables and lacey metal chairs next to a large window, he knew he was at the café. There was no mistaking the place, especially when he stepped in and the smell of freshly baked poppy seed muffins and well brewed dark roast Italian coffee hit him, activating all of his senses at once along with the friendly greeting of 'good morning' from the barista behind the counter. 
 
      The place was just as Junhyung had remembered it. There were warm, welcoming colors surrounding him on every wall along with photos of coffee beans and abstract paintings. It was nice and quiet and he caught himself wondering why he had let just one messed up order turn him away from this place for over two years..
 
       Taking a look at the large menu board that hung above the back of the counter, Junhyung went through his options. They had just about everything you could think of, including tea, soups, and sandwiches. Out of every option he couple have chosen though, he decided to go with his usual. A caffe americano with one splash of cream and two shots of espresso. It was very early, therefore extra caffeine was needed. He look in the display case as well and figured that the lemon cake looked good as well. He was ready to order.
 
       At the counter, the young man who was waiting on Junhyung smiled brightly as he took his order. Junhyung was almost positive by now that he was impressed enough to make another trip to this place soon, but his final decision would of course be made on weather he got the right drink and if was actually good. So after he made his order, he paid the young man and stepped back to wait for his drink to be made. 
 
       It was in those minutes that Junhyung was standing there waiting, that he decided to actually take a good look around the café. At seven in the morning he wasn't exactly surprised to see that there weren't many people sitting in there. No one in their right mind got up this early just to go sit at a café and drink coffee, but obviously there were a select few who did, despite what Junhyung thought. 
 
      At the table by the window there sat an old man. He had a newspaper laid out on the table in front of him as he did the weekly crossword puzzle. Then there were two women who sat together. They kept a quiet conversation. So quiet that Junhyung couldn't even hear what it was about, but that honestly wasn't any of his concern at this point. Because his concern now laid on the only other customer in the café. 
 
       Seated more in the corner was a young man. He had light brown hair and round pink cheeks. His body, though sitting down was petite with subtle curves. Junhyung had never seen him before and now that he was looking at him, he couldn't find the strength to pry his eyes away. In the cute man's hands, he held a hardback book. Junhyung tried to read the title from where he was standing, but before he could even read one word from the bind, the book slightly lowered and at that moment, Junhyung's eyes rose to meet the young man's bright brown ones.
 
       He felt his face burning red as they stared at one another. The young man's lips formed into a soft smile and before Junhyung could look away, the cutie shyly looked back down. That's when Junhyung finally looked away. He found himself smiling as well and couldn't stop himself from looking back over just one more time. This time, Junhyung was surprised to catch the cute man gazing at him, but it didn't last hardly as long because as soon as their eyes connected, the man behind the counter spoke loudly, snatching his attention away from the sweet man's across the room. 
 
       "Here you go Sir." The tall, kind waiter behind the counter smiled. He held out a steaming cup with a coffee sleeve pushed up around along with a small bag that held the lemon bread he had ordered. Junhyung had ordered his things to go, but now he was wishing he had ordered it to stay. It wouldn't be so dumb to sit around in a café this early in the morning if he had someone cute to stare at like that mysterious young man, but since he had already ordered and felt as if he didn't have time to argue it out in his mind.. he simply decided to just take his order and leave.
 
      The door swung shut behind Junhyung as he strode off in the direction that he had first came.  He felt a little regret inside himself as he walked away from the café, but nothing that he figured wouldn't leave his mind soon. His heart beat was a whole other story though. Junhyung didn't know why, but his chest hurt because it was beating so hard. He hardly ever felt this way and the thought that it was all because of one man whom he didn't even talk to, made Junhyung feel ridiculous. 
 
      With a small smirk on his face, Junhyung shook his head in an attempt to clear his mind. A second later, he took a drink of the hot caffe americano that he hadn't even given two thoughts about since he had taken it from the man who served him.. And to his joy, he had gotten exactly what he asked for. It was strong and bitter, hot with enough espresso to wake him up even more as he walked down the sidewalk. It certainly wasn't enough though to make him forget the face he had just seen... 
 
 

 

 
      As that wonderful Saturday turned into Sunday and the rest of the week flew by, Junhyung attempted to go about his daily routine the same way that he had gone about it for the past three years. Junhyung was a writer. He worked from home, but that didn't mean he was totally free to do whatever he wanted. He had deadlines and a manager who made sure he met them. He usually never had a problem with writing before, but now he had a big one. A big one that wouldn't go away. 
 
       Only a week ago, Junhyung had woken up early and wandered to a nearby café. It wasn't his drink or the lemon bread that was unforgettable, but the face of a young man whom he had made eye contact with.. He had bright, brown eyes. His lips curled up into a shy smile and whenever Junhyung imagined the way his pink cheeks rose it made his heart jump. The hardback book in his hands got Junhyung attention at night. He would lay there and wonder what it was the cutie was reading. There were so many ideas and possibilities that it filled Junhyung's mind until he wasn't able to stay awake any longer and sleep took him. 
 
       During the day Junhyung would try to think of other things. It irritated him that whenever he sat down to write all he could think about was that young man. When he ate dinner, took a shower, and even when he hung out with his friends, whether it was fully on his mind or somewhere pushed to the back... that man was still there. 
 
        When it came to Saturday, a full week had passed since he had last seen the young man's face. It was nine o'clock when Junhyung's eyes opened and he rolled over in bed.. it was a time that he was much more common to waking up to, but for some reason he didn't feel happy about it. He felt like there was something he should have done. Like he was supposed to be somewhere and that somewhere being the café. 
 
        The whole day he contemplated going to the café, but it was obviously too late. His attempt would be futile since the last time he was there it was so early. There was no way that the young man who was there at seven in the morning would be there three hours later... four, or even five. It was ridiculous to think he would even be there at all, but Junhyung couldn't help but wonder. 
 
      At the end of the day though... He still sat in his apartment with his laptop open, trying to write, but instead thinking about the man he might have seen if only he had gotten up a few hours earlier. Even then though he wasn't fully sure if he would have actually gone down to the café that morning. Something inside him though said he would have gone... 
 

 


 

 
        As the first week past, another one quickly followed. It was easy for Junhyung to lose track of time when he only had one thing on his mind. He didn't understand why, but after two weeks he was almost sure he would have gotten that young man off his mind. It frustrated him that it was all he could think about. He had never seem that man before that day. He didn't even talk to him. The only connection they had was with their eyes... 
 
       Just a few seconds was all it took to change Junhyung's outlook on almost everything. He had so many racing thoughts about the young man he would probably never see again, but he wasn't going to give up that easily.. After thinking about it, Junhyung started to realize what it was he was actually feeling.. He felt foolish admitting it, but it was as if he were in love. It was the only explanation. 
 
        When he heard songs about love, the first face that popped into his mind was that young man's. When he actually could write... he found himself writing something completely different from his usual genre. After sparking up the idea to write a book about love with his manager, Junhyung was quickly shot down, but honestly it was the only thing he could think about... and at night or in the day when he laid down to sleep he would imagine what it would be like if he had stayed that day. If he hadn't left the café then maybe they would have spoken.. He wondered what kind of conversations they might have had and just the thought made Junhyung's heart skip, but when he opened his eyes to come back to reality he felt more ridiculous than he ever did before. 
 
       The young man lingered on his mind and the fact that he couldn't do anything in an attempt to see him again made Junhyung's heart ache. His mind told him it wasn't love, but his heart disagreed..
 
       "It's just a crush.." Junhyung mumbled to himself as he walked down the sidewalk. He felt so pitiful as he headed to the café at seven in the morning on that Saturday. He had woken up early, showered, and put on his usual clothes. Jeans, boots, a striped shirt, and a cardigan. He figured it would only add to his ridiculousness if he were to dress up for someone he didn't even know would be there and so he just played it normal. It was bad enough that he was already headed there, but to think that anything would come out of it was just plain ludicrous. 
 
       After walking and walking with nothing but the thoughts of whether he'd see this man or not going across his mind, the café finally appeared. As he stood in front of the door he took a deep breath while his heart started beating faster... That's when he made his move and walked in. 
 
       Just like the last time Junhyung had walked into Caffè Dell'amore two weeks ago, the first thing that greeted him was the warm aroma of freshly brewed coffee and it was soon followed by the exact same man who had said good morning. Junhyung automatically looked at him and returned the greeting. 
 
       "Good morning.." Without looking around the café first, Junhyung simply went straight to the counter to order.
 
       "You ordered... caffe americano with... two shots of espresso the last time you were here.. right?" The young barista questioned with a smile. 
 
      He caught Junhyung off guard by that question and it caused Junhyung to give him a particularly odd look. "Yeah.. How do you remember that?" Junhyung asked. He cracked a bit of a smile to not seem so rude and the barista began to chuckled. 
 
       "I have good memory. I had never seen you in here before.. So naturally I remembered your order. Would you like the same thing?" 
 
        "Naturally?" Junhyung lightly laughed. "Yeah, I'll take the same thing, but make it for here this time please. 
 
      "At your service." The young barista chimed as he rang up Junhyung's order. After Junhyung paid he got to work on his drink. The whole time they had spoken though, Junhyung honestly couldn't help it that the only thing on his mind was whether or not the young man that he had came for was there. Now that their conversation had ended though, Junhyung had his chance to turn around and take a  good look at who was there. 
 
       His heart was beating unbelievably fast as his eyes took in the room, but with just one quick glance around, that fluttery feeling in his heart flew away. 
 
       He wasn't there. 
 
      It was as if his heart had sunken down into his chest. He didn't want to believe it so his eyes searched desperately just one more time, but when the same result came, he felt the biggest let down ever. 
 
       When he turned back around, the young barista had finished making his drink and was getting a slice of lemon bread. When it was all ready, Junhyung took his order and went to find a place to sit.. Where he decided to take a seat was close to the one that the young man he had came for sat... 
 
     'Maybe if I just wait,' Junhyung thought, 'he might still show up.'
 
      But as thirty minutes passed, the young man still hasn't arrived. Junhyung had finished the lemon bread... he was sipping at the last of his drink and he was thinking about what an idiot he was. 
 
       He felt so down. Like his heart was breaking.... and for feeling like this over someone he had never even met before made him feel foolish and dumb. There was something inside of him though that told him not to leave yet. No matter how ridiculous he felt, he wasn't going anywhere yet.. 
 
        It wasn't surprising though when Junhyung had lost track of time. He had pulled out the journal and pen he took everywhere with him in an attempt to maybe get some inspiration while he sat there, but nothing came because the only thing he could think about was the young man. Junhyung sat there and watched his black ballpoint pen between his fingers moving side to side. Whenever the door to the café opened and someone walked in he got his hopes up, but when he turned to see who it was, he was always let down again. 
 
      It was when he was almost ready to get up and leave that he received some unexpected company.. 
 
        The young, tall barista who had made his order stood next to his table. Junhyung was so much in his own mind that he didn't even notice the man's presence when he first walked up. It wasn't until he spoke that Junhyung snapped out of his thoughts. 
 
      "Uhm.. Hello.." The young barista said with his hand shyly behind his neck. "Do you mind if I sit down?" 
 
       Junhyung looked up at the tall man who was supposed to be working, then turned his eyes to the rest of the café. It was only then that he realized that they were the only two in there. With a single nod Junhyung said, "Sure." 
 
       Happy to have received some form of the answer yes, the worker sat down in the chair next to Junhyung and smiled. "Thank you. Since I'm the only one able to work in the mornings I'm allowed to close for a half an hour and take a break.. I'm Dongwoon by the way." 
 
       The man named Dongwoon had a cheerful smile on his face as he sat there with the bottle of water he had been holding since he first walked over. He was definitely handsome, but even with someone as good looking as Dongwoon right in front of him, Junhyung still couldn't take his mind off that one face. He did his best to smile back though. 
 
        "Nice to meet you.. I'm Junhyung." With an awkward greeting came an awkward silence for the two seemingly awkward men. Junhyung wasn't usually this way when it came to meeting new people. On a normal day, he would be talkative and make friends easily, but for the past two weeks he hadn't felt normal at all.
 
       "Uhm..." Dongwoon started, breaking the silence. "I don't usually bother the customers like this, but... you've been here for about two hours.. and you've ordered three drinks. Are you waiting for someone?" 
 
         Junhyung felt a little socked by the question. Had it really been two hours? He wondered of he had finally lost his mind over this guy.. With a shrug though, Junhyung gave a bittersweet smile. "Not really.. I am, but then I'm not."
 
      The young café worker tilted his head. "I don't get it.. What do you mean?" 
 
      For a second, Junhyung contemplated what to say. He didn't want to come off as a complete loon, but that's basically what he felt like at the moment. He was crazy with love for a man he had never met. 
 
      "I'm gonna ask you something, but you can't laugh, okay?." Junhyung smiled. He raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer. 
 
       "Well... I guess that depends on what you're going to ask." Dongwoon chuckled. He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in to get more comfortable and waited for Junhyung's question..
 
       "Do you believe in love at first sight?" 
 
        Dongwoon was taken a bit back by that question. It certainly wasn't what he was expecting. "Love at first sight... Well yeah, I guess it could happen. I mean it's never happened to me before, but maybe that's because I haven't seen the right person yet." He paused, but when Junhyung didn't say anything right away he continued and asked, "Do you believe in it?" 
 
       The small smile that was on Junhyung's face dropped a little. "Yeah. I think I do. I think I fell in love. I never even talked to them. I only saw them once and since then I can't stop thinking about them." 
 
       "Them?" Dongwoon asked. He looked confused. "Is it a guy?" 
 
        With a single nod, Junhyung confirmed that it was a guy, but Dongwoon didn't seem bothered by it. He just smiled wider and sat forward in anticipation to hear more. 
 
        "Will you tell me about him? He must be special if you fell in love with him that easily." 
 
       "Special?" Junhyung laughed. "Either he's special or I'm crazy. He did have the most beautiful eyes though... They were brown like his hair. And the way he smiled.." Junhyung's words trailed off there as he looked up from his pen and at Dongwoon, the young barista he had just met. He felt a huge rush of embarrassment flood over him and his cheeks flushed a shade of pink. "I'm sorry.. We just met. This must sound so ridiculous to you." 
 
      "No! I swear it doesn't sound ridiculous." Dongwoon sincerely expressed. "I'm actually kind of jealous that you got to meet someone like that.. I've never even been in love... I mean I thought I was in like second grade, but then my mom told me I wasn't allowed to fall in love with the teacher.."  
 
       To that, Junhyung genuinely laughed. This guy was nice. Even if the man he wanted to see didn't come in today. At least he was able to talk about it. He had kept it from his friends. They would all laugh at the idea of love at first sight, but this young barista seemed so to be way more understanding than anyone Junhyung could hope to talk to. 
 
         "You still look pretty young. I'm sure you'll find love." Junhyung smiled. "You shouldn't envy the love I have though. I only saw him once. We didn't talk, just our eyes met. That was two weeks ago now and I'm positive I'll never see him again.. And even if I do. Who says he'll love me back?" 
 
        The café grew quiet as Junhyung finished speaking. A car or two passed by out side and the sound the coffee machine made seemed to be louder than it was before. It was in that moment that Junhyung's phone which was sitting on top of the table started to buzz around. He looked at who was calling and when Junhyung saw that it was his manager he excused himself. 
 
        "I'm sorry, I have to get this." Junhyung apologized to Dongwoon before answering the phone. He was on there for maybe two minute while Dongwoon sat there patiently. When he was finally done, Junhyung set down his phone and sighed and looked at Dongwoon. "Do you want to know the worst part about this is?" 
 
        Dongwoon nodded quickly. "What is it?" 
 
         "I can't even do my job. Whenever I sit down to write, all I want to write about is him.. My manager isn't too happy about it either. But it's taken over my whole mind."
 
        "Oh... So you're a writer.." Dongwoon muttered. "I really hope you get to see this guy again.. The one you fell in love with."'
 
       "Thanks... Me too." Junhyung shrugged. They both sat their for a few seconds just before Junhyung grabbed his journal to close it and started getting all his things together. "My manager asked me to meet him so we can talk about the cover for my latest book.. I guess we'll have to part ways." With that, Junhyung stood up. 
        
        "Would you like another drink before you go? It'd be on me." Dongwoon kindly offered, but Junhyung just as kindly, turned it down. 
 
       "No thank you. I think 3 cups of coffee is enough caffeine for one day.. It was nice talking though." Junhyung smiled and said goodbye to Dongwoon who watched him leave. From the window he saw Junhyung make his way down the street until he disappeared. 
 
       The whole day after that seemed to slowly roll by until Dongwoon's shift was over and the midday workers came in, allowing him to head home. He walked on the same sidewalk, but in the opposite direction of where he saw Junhyung walking off in. It was weird that Dongwoon was still thinking about him, but that's probably because he'd never had a total stranger talk about something so deep with him before. The man basically poured his heart out on the table while Dongwoon just sat there and listened. This was something that he'd definitely have to tell his roommate and when he got to his apartment, that's this first think he did. 
 
         Laying in the living room on the couch, Dongwoon found his roommate. He had an open book laid out on his chest while he stared up at the ceiling..
 
        "Yoseob, you're still not done with that book? You've been reading it for over two weeks now." Dongwoon stood over Yoseob, his roommate and looked down at him, giving him a questioning look. 
 
        "No I haven't, but why do you care? Do you want to read it?" Yoseob asked, closing the hardback book and handing it upwards. Dongwoon ignored it though and walked around to the other end of the couch where he sat down. Yoseob pulled his feet up and sat up straight so he could look at Dongwoon. With a little but of a sigh he started talking again. "I haven't finished it yet because I can't concentrate lately... There's something else that's been on my mind.." 
 
       Dongwoon looked over at Yoseob and smiled. "I know what you mean. There was actually a guy who came into the café today who said kinda the same thing." 
 
       "Really?" Yoseob asked, tilting his head. "What did he say?" 
 
       "Well he asked me first if I believed in love at first sight-"
 
        "What did you say?" Yoseob quickly interrupted before Dongwoon had a chance to finish. He looked at Yoseob and shrugged. 
 
       "I don't know..I told him that I wasn't sure since it's never happened to me before, but that I'm sure it works for some people." Dongwoon looked at Yoseob who just nodded and continued, "Anyway.. He started to explain to me how saw this guy a couple of weeks ago... I guess they didn't really talk or anything, but he says he still can't forget the guy's eyes. That's when he went in about what the guy looked like, but I guess he got embarrassed and stopped." 
 
        "Wait.. So this guy like men also?" Yoseob asked with an odd look on his face. "Did he tell you where he saw the guy?" 
 
        Dongwoon sat there quietly for a second as he thought about it.. but then a frown came to his face. "No, I didn't ask. I guess I didn't really think about that, but I bet it was probably at some book signing or something. He's an author." 
 
        "An author?" Yoseob sounded a bit breathless when he said that and received an puzzled glance from his friend. That didn't stop him from asking his next question though... "Dongwoon, what did he look like?" 
 
       "I don't remember... He had brown hair, young. He was tall too, but not as tall as me. I think he'd be your type though and the fact that he's an author. You two could talk about books all day." 
 
       Yoseob awkwardly giggled at Dongwoon's silly words. He didn't want to believe what he was hearing, but it sounded exactly like the situation he was in right now. There was no way though that it could be the same man that he had seen just three weeks ago at the café. That man was long gone and as much as Yoseob sat around and wished... he figured he'd probably never see him again.
 
         "Hey.. Is something wrong?" Dongwoon suddenly asked, interrupting Yoseob's thoughts. The cute man just smiled and shook his head no. 
 
        "It's nothing.. I was just thinking.." With those last words, Yoseob got up and with his book he grabbed his shoes from the doorway and started to put them on. "I'm gonna go out. Do you need anything?" 
 
        Dongwoon sighed and fell back a little into the couch cushion. "No I'm fine. Just don't get kid napped." 
 
       With a small smile, Yoseob left and closed the door behind him. Dongwoon had no idea what was up with his roommate lately, but he had been acting different for the past couple of weeks. He always seemed to have something on his mind that he wasn't telling Dongwoon about, but Dngwoon just tried to shrug it off. If it were important than Yoseob would tell him. They were best friends after all. 
 
 
 

 

 
       After that Saturday, Junhyung felt like a lot had been taken off his chest. Meeting and talking to Dongwoon was exactly what he needed. He didn't feel as crazy as he did before, but he still wasn't any less in love. It was like a constant ache in his heart knowing that he'd probably never see that man again. There were so many things in his life that he regretted, but there was nothing he regretted more than the fact that he didn't stay at the café that day. Everything could have happened so much differently, but now he was just stuck with the memory.
 
      Every day it was like that cute face was getting harder and harder to forget. He first expected the image to disappear after so long, but as days went by, Junhyung still saw it as clear as the day they first saw one another. He was heartsick and he knew he had to move on sooner or later, but he wanted that man's presence in his mind to just linger a little while longer.
 
        When the next Saturday came, it had been four weeks since Junhyung had woken up so unexpectedly early and decided to go to Caffè Dell'amore. 
 
        His alarm was set now though and as it rang, he woke up and went about his morning routine. There was a new part to that routine though and that consisted going to the café and sitting down at seven in the morning to drink coffee. He may never see that young man again, but at least he had made a friend out of the whole deal.. It was better than nothing.
 
        So that morning, Junhyung walked to the café just like he had the week before and when he got there it was nearly the same routine. Dongwoon greeted him, he ordered a caffe americano, two shots of espresso, then sat in the exact same spot he chose last time. 
 
       A lot sooner than the week before, did Dongwoon take his break. He was pretty happy to see Junhyung when he came in. After the week before, Dongwoon was almost positive Junhyung would be too embarrassed to show his face, but he wasn't. He was in love and not afraid to admit it. Dongwoon really admired that. 
 
     When he came over though, Junhyung seemed a lot busier than what he was last week. Instead of a journal, he had his tablet and little snap on keyboard out and was typing away. Dongwoon didn't want to interrupt, but he was rather curious about something. 
 
      "Hey, Junhyung." Dongwoon smiled as he grabbed a chair and immediately sat down. Junhyung took a minute before he acknowledged Dongwoon's presence, but when he finished the thought he was typing, he finally looked up and returned the smile. 
 
       "Hey. Sorry about that, but I finally found inspiration to write. I didn't want to lose the idea." Junhyung pulled his fabled down and turned it off before grabbing his cup of coffee and taking a drink. "How are you?" 
 
       "I'm good. I was wondering though.. Did you finally see the guy you're in love with?" Dongwoon rose his eyebrows half expecting Junhyung to say yes, but as Junhyung looked around the whole café, he plainly smiled and shook his head no.
 
      "I don't think he's going to be here today either.." Junhyung sighed. What he had said though got Dongwoon's attention. 
 
       "Wait... What? Did you say he's not here?" 
 
       Junhyung looked at Dongwoon a bit funny. "Yeah.. I've been here for about an hour now. He hasn't shown up yet.."
 
      "Why didn't you tell me that it was here you saw him!" Dongwoon nearly yelled. He looked both shocked and maybe devastated.. "If you had told me it was here then I could have been helping to look for him. How do you know he hasn't been here on other days of the week!?" 
 
      "I described him to you.. Wasn't that enough?" Junhyung asked. "You never asked me where it was I saw him. It was here, four Saturdays ago at seven in the morning.. I've been here every Saturday since then except the Saturday after... Don't you think he would have been back like me if he actually had felt something too?" 
 
        Dongwoon was silent. He didn't want to say it, but Junhyung had a point. Maybe it was pointless for him to keep looking and for Dongwoon to keep encouraging him, but it seemed like Junhyung wasn't giving up on the chance of him coming again anytime soon. Dongwoon wanted to do his best to help out. He had only talked to Junhyung twice counting today, but from their conversations he liked him enough to consider him a friend already. 
 
      "Did you say you didn't come the week after..?" Donwoon suddenly asked. When Junhyung nodded a yes, he continued.. "Well maybe he came that day and since you weren't here he didn't think you had any interest in him either." 
 
      Junhyung sat forward and gave a weak smile. "Yeah I've though about that.. I slept in that morning because I was still half expecting this feeling to go away.. If I explain him to you again, do you think you'd be able to remember him?" 
 
       "Yeah." Dongwoon grinned and sat forward a little. "Just give me a lot of detail and if you can, remind me if all the other customer who you can remember were there too." 
 
        "Okay.. Well there was an old man with a newspaper. He was here earlier. And three.. No. Two woman maybe in their thirties. They were talking to each other, but I wasn't really listening. The last person was him though. He sat over there." Using his finger to point, Junhyung showed Dongwoon what table he was sitting at. The younger man nodded as he started to think. Junhyung wasn't finished explaining though so he continued on, "He was really cute.. Small, and even though he was sitting down you could tell he's kinda short. His hair was a darker brown with bangs like this." Junhyung did a swoopy motion with his hands to explain the boy's bags. "His cheeks were round, and his eyes also.. I honestly don't remember as clearly since I was looking more at his face, but I think he was wearing blue jeans and a sweater with his color hanging out.." 
 
        As all the information hit Dongwoon he felt like he knew the person Junhyung was describing more and more... but.. In his mind it couldn't possibly.. 
 
       "Did.. he have a book with him?" Dongwoon slowly asked. He couldn't believe this. 
 
      "He did actually. I tried to see the title, but that's when he looked up at me." Junhyung smirked, remembering the incident. "But does that mean you remember him?! You know about the book so you must know who he is right?" 
 
       Dongwoon looked at Junhyung. His eyes were wide and before Junhyung could stop to wonder, Dongwoon started laughing. He was laughing so hard his face turned red while his head fell to his hands. When he finally composed himself enough, he looked up at Junhyung who was completely taken back. "My roommate.. You just described Yoseob... He was here that day... Junhyung I think you're in love with my best friend."
 
       Junhyung's heart may have stopped just then. "Y-your roommate?" 
 
       "Oh my god.. This is so unreal." The words stumbled out of Dongwoon's mouth as he finally settled down from laughing so hard and tried to grasp the situation.. It was all starting to make sense now. Yoseob had been acting different for the past couple of weeks.. He said something had been on his mind and he had also been reading the same book for almost a mont now when usually it only took him a week to finish one.. There were so many other things that pointed to it including the way Yoseob reacted over their conversation just last Saturday. Dongwoon felt like his brain had just exploded with every right answer to the universe. 
 
         Quickly from his apron pocket, Dongwoon grabbed the notepad he used for long orders and started scribbling something down before holding it out to Junhyung. "That's the address to my apartment.. I'm so positive that you're talking about Yoseob and if you're the reason that his head has been so in the clouds lately then I'd say he loves you too. He's probably in bed right now though.." 
 
      Junhyung took the paper and looked at it. His heart was beating so fast that he felt like it would burst from his chest. "T-this is just up the street!" Junhyung smiled excitedly. He started getting all of his thinking together, but before he stood up he looked at Dongwoon. "I can I even thank you for this.. Oh my god why didn't you realize this last week!?" Junhyung started laughing. As he left his unfinished drink on the table and nearly sprinted to the door. Before Dongwon could even shout a 'go get him!' He was gone. 
 
        
      Down the sidewalk now on the early Saturday morning, Junhyung ran until he realized he had ran until he reached the block that the apartment address was said to be on. He had obviously been so excited that he accidentally ran a little too far, but the apartment he wanted was still only two building down. He didn't run to it this time though. His heart was beating way to fast for that and he was honestly starting to wish that he had taken his time to at least think of something to say. Even if Dongwoon had said that his roommate loved him back.. He still wasn't a hundred percent sure.. 
 
      There no turning back now though. Junhyung hadn't just ran all this way for nothing. At least now, even if the young man named Yoseob, who was also Dongwoon's roommate turned him down he wouldn't feel any regret. He would have tried and not walked away like that morning four weeks ago. It was now or never.. So as he walked up the steps, Junhyung tried to fix his hair a little. And when he reached the door he took a deep breath. Using the tip of his finger he rang the doorbell three times. Then another three. His nerves were getting the best of him and when no one answered the door after a couple of seconds, Junhyung rang it four more times. 
 
      That's when he finally got an answer. A voice from the other side of the door whined in anger as the door was opened... 
 
      "Is it necessary to ring my doorbell so many times~?!" As soon as the cutie who answered the door stopped rubbing his eyes and looked up, his breath instantly hitched. 
 
        "Hi..." Junhyung finally found the nerve to say after having been yelled at for ringing the doorbell so many times. He honestly didn't even care about that right now though because right in front of him was the cute, young man who he had been thinking about nonstop for the past few weeks now.
 
        With just a small voice compared to the one he had answered the door with, Yoseob replied back with another, "Hi.." 
 
        There was maybe a minute where neither of them said a word and just stared at each other in disbelief, but as the quietness grew, Junhyung knew he had to say something. 
 
        "Uhm.. I know this may seem weird.. and you probably have no idea who I am, but I saw you a couple of weeks ago and.. I like you. A lot... Way, way more than I probably should after seeing you just once and-" Before Junhyung had a chance to finish, Yoseob, who was a step up from him lightly grabbed Junhyung's face and placed a small kiss on his lips. Junhyung instantly burned red as his heart jumped from his chest. His eyes were wide with shock and that on it's own made the cutie in front of him start to giggle. He was definitely taken off guard by that.
 
        Yoseob's cheeks were pink as he looked down at his feet and then back up at Junhyung with the same exact smile he had when Junhyung had first seen him behind that hardback book in the café. 
 
       "How could I not remember you?" Yoseob asked cutely. "You've been on my mind for almost a whole month now.. I don't even know you.. or how you even found my apartment.. or even your name for that matter.." Yoseob stopped for a second and bit his lip it almost instantly dawned on him that it must have been Dongwoon. His roommate who had met Junhyung only a week ago had finally put all the pieces together and the thought brought a big smile to Yoseob's face as he finally asked.. "Will you go on a date with me?"  
 
       Junhyung smiled back and nodded his head. "Yeah.. That'd be amazing.. Where to?" 
 
      "Let's just start walking and figure out where."  Yoseob giggled. He left the door open, but ran back in to grab his shoes. When he hobbled back out, he pulled the rest of his shoe on and smiled, closing the door behind him. "Are you ready?" 
 
      "Right now?" Junhyung asked. He wasn't complaining, but he was surprised that Yoseob was ready so quickly. 
 
       "Yeah.. I hope that's okay." Yoseob didn't wait for an answer and simply grabbed ahold of Junhyung's arm instead, pulling him down the steps. "Now your name.. We'll start with that." 
 
       "My name is Yong Junhyung.. And yours?" 
 
       "Yang Yoseob.. It's nice to finally meet you." 
 
       Junhyung and Yoseob both started laughing as they headed down the sidewalk together. 
 
       It's amazing how love works, but with just one glance, these two almost instantly knew they were supposed to be together. With no more regrets, they were able to start something that would last. 
 
       Not many people believe in love at first sight, but if you ask Yoseob and Junhyung, they will tell you that it certainly does exist. 
 
 
 
 
 
      -----Bonus--
 
      Sitting on a bench they had stumbled upon about an hour after they had met, Junhyung and Yoseob continued to talk away. They were taking turns on answering questions and this time it was Junhyung's turn. 
 
      "Okay.. I've wondered this since that day I saw you in the café, but what book were you reading? I tried to see the cover, but you put it down before I could." 
 
      For a second there, Yoseob almost forgot the name of the book. He had been working on reading it for a month now, but couldn't even get passed the third chapter since he had so much on his mind. When it finally came to him though, he recited it to Junhyung. "It's called Day to Night. It's about a man who-"
 
      "Who get's lost during the night only to find himself in the ruins of his town during day. When it turns back to nighttime everything is back to normal again.. It's one of those mystery mind thrillers." Junhyung smiled as he looked at Yoseob who's expression was much different. He looked confused. 
 
       "I though you said you didn't know what book I was reading?" 
 
       "I didn't.. But who do you think wrote Day to Night?" Junhyung rose his eyebrows while Yoseob sat there and thought about it. When the answer finally hit him, his mouth formed a circle. 
 
      "Y-You!? You can't be the same Yong Junhyung!" 
 
      Junhyung started laughing. "I'm sorry. Unfortunately I am.. I don't blame you for not finishing it though." 
      
       "What? Are you kidding me? I've read all of your books! They're great!" Yoseob assured him with extra enthusiasm. It made Junhyung happy to know he had at least one fan. 
 
      <3 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

I'm sorry if this was way too long and made you fall asleep <3