Again, Slowly

Poker Face

 

 

 

Background Music (optional)

BoA - Hope

============================

"Kim Minah! Get your off that mattress!"
 
The Kim Mansion was quiet and peaceful on this very day. Or so it seemed on the exterior. Inside, the maids yelled through the locked door of Minah, the most expressionless girl you would ever encounter.
 
Minah heard their cries, but did not want to reply. She didn't talk a lot anyway. She was dressing into her school uniform and combed her hair. Minah put the brush down and examined her face. She had flawless skin and vivant red hair (she dyed it because she was tired of everyone picking on the dull black color). Everything was perfect and beautiful about her, but she had a frown plastered on her face.
 
She didn't smile nor talk. She liked being alone, and avoided attention as much as possible. That's how she gained the name 'Poker Face'. But she didn't care for others opinions.
 
"There you are Minah!" her mom cheerfully exclaimed. Minah just nodded.
 
=======
 
Finally, the bus arrived at the school gates and all of the Seungri High students got off. Minah was pushed and shoved to the floor by all the other students. Her expression didn't change -- she didn't show any sign of pain.
 
First period started and Minah got to her seat. She sat in the back, hidden in the corner. As she sat down, she stared out into the beautiful landscape, admiring nature.
 
"Settle down class!" the teacher banged his books on the podium to catch the children's attention. "I said sit down!" he yelled his voice once more. Finally, everyone sat down.
 
"We have a new student! He is studying aboard..."
 
Minah wasn't paying attention to this. She did not care who came in the class. All she wanted was peace.
 
"Please come in, Daehyun."
 
Daehyun. That name. Is that the same person she knew years ago?
 
The sleek figure walked in with casual clothes. Since he was new, he didn't get his uniform yet. He had brown hair, that was geled up, a white shirt with a black cardigan, and khaki pants.
 
"Hello! My name is Jung Daehyun!"
 
Minah quickly looked up and met eyes with him. Time stopped for a moment. It was him. The same boy who crushed her heart. The heart that she tried to glue back together for seven years.
 
Suddenly, a horrid voice yelled across the room. "Oppa! You came back!" Lee Haeri ran to the front and hugged him tightly. Contagious whispers spread from person to person.
 
"Is she dating already?"
 
"She had a boyfriend?"
 
"She's taken!"
 
MInah looked away and became expressionless again.
 
=======
 
Lunch was finally here. Minah didn't eat lunch, she stayed at the library where it was tranquil.
 
But today, the walk to the library was disturbed. A hand pulled her back and stopped her in front of everyone.
 
"Let go." she desperately pleaded in her monotnous tone. 
 
"Minnie. Stop it. I--"
 
"STOP IT!" Minah yelled. Everyone was shocked including herself. "Stop...." Tears ran down her face one by one.
 
"Oppa.... Let's go get lunch. I'm famished." Haeri said while tugging on Daehyun's arm. "No, you leave Haeri. Stop commanding me!" Daehyun gave Haeri an intense glare, and she backed away, furious. "Let's go girls." she signaled for her friends to come.
 
Minah was still silently crying. 
 
"Minnie... Minah, I know you remember me. Look at me.. Look at me please. " Daehyun continuously asked. Minah slightly turned her head towards his face, but only to notice that others were looking at this scene.
 
"I loved you. That day...she came on me. I was hostile. Please believe me. When I went to America, do you know how much I was dying inside? I thought I could never find you. Day and night, I urged my father to find your location, and now I have. I was dying of joy when I recognized you. I loved you, and I love you now." He took Minah's face and cupped it. He slowly leaned in and pecked her lips.
 
Minah's tears were now pouring. She never thought the day would come where she would be cheerful again. After that horrid day, her heart broke and she was devastated. But now, she was kissing the man that she loved since her childhood. Daehyun. Jung Daehyun. A shiny object caught her eyes. The bracelet Daehyun was wearing was the same one as hers. It was a couple bracelet that he bought for her when they were eight.
 
"Why give it to me?" Minah questioned when he placed it around her wrist.
 
"Because you're special to me, Minnie."
 
Minah pulled away from the kiss. "I want to start off as friends again. Again... I want to take it slow... Please?" she quietly whispered it, but loud enough for Daehyun to hear. He smiled and embraced her. He would never let that smile off her face again.