Chapter 1

Scandal 2 - Teen Rebellion

for now, this is the only chapter that i wrote

_____________________________________________________________________________

Its just like any ordinary life of a teen. Jessica continued her rebellious life to go to her most dislike place, that is school. She doesn’t like to study nor have a goal in her life. The spoil teenage girl got everything she wants from a little thing to a big one. she don’t have to work hard on something that she want. If she wish to have something, they’ll be in front of her in any time.

 

“breakfast honey?” the perfectly loving and yet calm person when it comes to handling her daughter. Mrs.Jung was in her office outfit, a white skirt match with a green blouse and with “Tiffany & Co” necklace hanging around her skinny neck.

 

“where’s daddy” She asked in English. It’s natural that she’ll sometimes spill some English words out of especially when she’s with her mom. That’s absolutely influenced by Jessica’s family who once lived at San Francisco.

 

It’s common for Jessica when she wakes up in the morning to find her parents are not at home. It’s probably because her parents are outstation. Those happen at least four times a week.

 

“he’ll be at Suwon for three days.” Mrs.Jung answered her beloved daughter. Then Jessica pulled out the chair for herself to sit.

 

Jessica’s face was not shocked at all. She’s used to live that way. For once, she even thought that her behaviour turn that way because of the less attention that she got from her parents.

 

“where’s Krystal?” Jessica ask for her two-year-younger-sister that’s always missing at the morning.

 

“you know her. she hates-”

 

“being late! I know..that’s too weird of her. why bother wake up in the crack of dawn, rushing to go to school earlier than anybody else.” Mrs.Jung just smiled at the way her daughter nagged about her own sister. They’re totally opposite. Everyone knows that.

 

“aren’t you late for school already?” Mrs.Jung asked after she’s finished with her last tossed scramble egg. What she got from Jessica was just a cold reply telling her that she’ll just take a bus.

 

“are you sure? Mom is being nice to you today cause I have no meeting this morning.”

She refused once again resisting that she’ll take the bus to her school.

 

“I’ll go now mom.” Jessica rush towards her mother to give her a hug and a kiss. “byee! Love you!” Jessica rushed to the doors after she puts on her school uniform-blazer.

 

“take care sweetie!” Jessica disappeared just like that in a blink of eyes even she’s watching her daughter from behind.

 

“she has grown up a lot” a sighed came out straight from her lips when she heard the door was slammed.

 

***

 

“Yah! Did you guys watched the Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince yesterday? It was so epic I swear you!” one of Jessica talkative friend, Tiffany started her gossiping activity. She’ll first talk about some movies but end up talking about how good-looking the actors were. She even started to explain her imaginary “fairytale” life with that actor and how she’ll got to marry them that is too annoying for Jessica to take it.

 

“I know I know!.. I just love to hear Daniel Radcliffe thick British accent. He’s very charming when he begin to speak out the spell. Don’t you think so?” another one named Sunny joined in making it four in the “Harry Potter” group meeting.

 

“it’s just so frustrated to see that Hermoine is witnessing Ron’s with his girlfriend. What’s her name again? Lavender?” Jessica’s ears was burning listening to their conversation.

 

“Laverder it is.. I just can’t take it  when Ron got the love potion. It’s too funny for me” they started to laugh which making Jessica got angrier.

 

But her attention was caught on certain someone who was walking in the classroom making her world went silent. She watched slowly as the girl walk towards her desk. It’s like, the world got slow motion when she saw that girl again. The girl that had caught her eyes since 5 months ago. Jessica was informed that the girl was transferred to their school because she don’t want to dance no more. She came from art school. But until now, nobody ever sees her dance since she got into the school. She won’t dance easily even people asked her to. The reason why was now still mysterious.

 

“Yah Jung Jessica! You’re daydreaming again!” her friend shouted that brought her back to reality.

 

“no I’m not!” she started to defend herself. All of her friends know that once she defends herself, she’ll keep it till the end until she won.

 

“you’re caught red handed staring at Hyoyeon again” Jessica’s cheek reddening at her friend’s remark. She can’t hide it. It’s just too obvious. She even found it weird on how she ended up staring at that girl whenever she’s around.

 

“I’m not staring at her! told you!” her voice was so loud that everyone in the class shifted their eyes towards her. she looked around and her eyes met Hyoyeon then quickly looked away to avoid any eye contact with that latter.

 

“what are you guys staring at? Why? Never see someone shouts??” no more eyes were on her after that except that girl who was sitting at the front row which is Hyoyeon. Jessica looked around to make sure no one dare to stare at her anymore when suddenly her eyes met Hyoyeon’s once again. That girl should’ve looked in front instead of turning her shoulder to the back and stare at her. that’s just making her heartbeat got faster than ever.

 

“that’s too obvious Jessica-yah.. we’re not just got to know you, it’s been a long time since we’ve been friends” one of the girls talk in behalf of the other three while the trio were nodding their head non-stop agreeing to what she said.

 

“mind your own business girls!.. finished talking about marrying Daniel Radcliffe??” that was the way she insult them which made their bond closer.

 

“you want me to talk to Hyoyeon?” her friend Sooyoung said which making her looked up from the floor quickly.

 

“what are you doing?”

 

“hook you up”

 

“what do you mean hook up??” they’re arguing in whispers not to make Hyoyeon heard it.

 

“it’s not like I’m setting you up for a date silly!” that’s relief her. “Hyoyeon-ah!!” her friend called the girl she has her eyes on. In just a second, her heart beat rapidly righy when she thought that she’s already relief. But it’s not. The heartbeat turned faster when she saw Hyoyeon turned around to the back. The next thing she knew, Hyoyeon had her eyes on her first instead of her friend that called her just now.

 

She smiled. “why?..” her voice was soft and angelic. But then, Jessica glared at her friend fiercely.

 

“Jessica really want to be friend with you!” Jessica gritted her teeth and her friend managed to see it. She can’t hide her blushing this time.

 

Hyoyeon started to turn her body completely to the back facing them. “oh really? That’s an honour for me”

 

“honour?” her friend’s was confused for a moment.

 

“yeah.. I  thought that she’ll never be friend with just anyone since her character was way too cold for me to even say hi to her” the four of them chuckled at the same time upon the latter’s statement. Jessica can’t help but to hide her face by looking down on the table.

 

“you see.., she find you’re very attractive”

 

“what are you talking about. I never said that! Isn’t it’s too weird when I would talk about her like that?” she’s not ‘hiding’ anymore. 

 

“why did you take it the wrong way? I don’t mean it that way”

 

“enough. I don’t need your help even if I’m too desperate to be friend with her” Hyoyeon was listening to the bestfriends bickering very well.

 

Jessica was too mad with her friends that love to make a conclusion about her over something. She’s just too upset to the point that she just walked out of the classroom.

 

“you should go talk to her. try to console her” Hyoyeon nodded to the suggestion and quickly make her way towards Jessica.

 

***

 

“Jessica!” Hyoyeon called her following her lazily from the back.

 

“Jessica!” she called once again when the latter continued to walk to no place.

 

“Jessica! Stop right there!” she finally said. That was Hyoyeon’s first time talking to Jessica that long. It’s not really talking actually, it’s more to ordering the stubborn girl to do something. Not to mention, she was the first one to have the guts to say something like that to Jessica.

 

Jessica was known at the school as a pretty-face girl with a stubborn mind. She doesn’t really listen to what people say to her. what more shocked in her record was, she was once caught having a box of cigarette in her bag two and half years ago. She was at her current school now was because her old school had officially kick her out from the school. She even got warned for not stepping in the school area anymore. That’s how strict her old school was than her current school.

 

“Jessica! Do you hear me?!” Hyoyeon continued to follow from the back although the latter was just walking slowly in the front.

 

Frustrated, she walked faster to the front and confronted with Jessica. “are you okay?” Jessica finally stopped when she saw Hyoyeon was blocking her way.

 

Avoiding Hyoyeon’s gaze, Jessica look down on the ground and having the face of “irritated with this silly girl”.

 

“where are you going?” Hyoyeon didn’t give up to question her.

 

Silent. Their position was still the same.

 

“can I have a word with you?” Hyoyeon asked gently and finally she heard some words were spill out from Jessica’s mouth at least.

 

“what?” Jessica asked coldly while not looking at the latter. Meanwhile Hyoyeon can’t stop smiling by herself.

 

“I just want to befriend with you..” Hyoyeon confess then she lead their way to the nearby bench that was placed along the sidewalk.

 

They sit down slowly. “can’t I ??” she asked again.

 

“just now…” Jessica started to talk.

 

“it’s okay!.. I don’t mind them actually”

 

“no. it’s not that”

 

“then?” Hyoyeon asked with curiosity.

 

“err.. nothing. Never mind” Jessica turned her gaze to Hyoyeon’s eyes for the first time that day. And even closer with them seating side by side. “are you serious?” Jessica suddenly asked.

 

“what serious?”

 

“are you serious about want to befriend with me? I mean, I caused lot of troubles you know”

 

“yeah! Isn’t it great if we become close like a real buddies”

 

Jessica smiled cheekily at the latter remark. “why you want to befriend with me? I’ve never been approached by girls like this. Just few boys, but they’re all rejected”

 

“I don’t know myself. But I found that I just want to know you closer”

 

Jessica chuckled heavily. “sounds like men approaching an innocent girl, like asking her to date him in the future”

 

“no!..” Hyoyeon raied her voice. “I don’t mean it that way!” they continued to smiled with each other.

 

“you didn’t  forget don’t you that we have class? I don’t want to end up cleaning the whole school later” Hyoyeon stood up from the bench and began to make her way leaving the girl behind her.

 

“it’s good then!” Jessica continued to follow the latter by standing up and make her way towards Hyoyeon. “We can have a chat to know each other closer while cleaning the school” she talked under her breath while walking.

 

But she didn’t acknowledge the fact that her gap with Hyoyeon was just like two feet away from each other.

 

“I can still hear you!..” Hyoyeon said then fastened her walk speed.

 

*****

 

Hyoyeon was seen queuing up for the lunch break in the school canteen, the amazing place with amazing food that the students will never get anywhere.  She was holding to the food tray, and started handing her tray to the canteen workers to put all the dish that she need for the mix rice. It’s her fifth month since she got into the school yet she can’t seem to suit herself in the school surrounding especially when it comes to the recess time. She’s still getting use to the food that came into the packages of her dormitory life in the school.

It’s common there for a rich student like Jessica to live by themselves. But, it’s no worry for Hyoyeon because 70% of the students in her school live in the school dorm. So, the students there most likely to be discipline more than anyone else. Well, there’s some of them that broke the school rules almost in anytime.

 

“thank you” Hyoyeon smiled to the worker who just had finish putting the green vegetables in her tray. The vegetables occupied all the space that she have in the tray. Hyoyeon have no idea why her tray was so full today as if the workers wanted to finish all the meal before it comes to the last person because there’s not much student who ate the canteen’s food. Most of them prefer to buy snacks at the school shop that’s not only sell school’s stationary but also FOOD.

 

However, Hyoyeon prefer to eat the healthier food that was provided by the school rather than eating those snacks that does not ensure her good health at all.

 

Hyoyeon made her way towards the table she used to seat with her friend, Yuri. But since Yuri was absent today because of some important meeting that she have, Hyoyeon decided to join her other classmate table that was seem not occupied.

 

“hi guys!” She greeted. All three of them turned their head toward her. “can I join?” her smile managed to earn a reply from the trio.

 

“of course!” the tallest friend, Sooyoung was the first to answer. “there’s three more seat”

 

“yeah! The other one was save for Jessica. Taeyeon is absent today” the eye smile girl motion the sit across Sooyoung who was grinning ear to ear right when Hyoyeon sat across her.

 

On the other side, Hyoyeon smiled cheekily at the mention of Jessica’s name. the moment she heard the girl’s name, she can’t help but to think how cold the princess was every time she saw her.

She still remembered her first impression of Jessica. Right when she entered the classroom, she saw the skinny girl having her head on the table. However, when their homeroom teacher started to make an announcement, all eyes fall onto her. all the commotion eventually stopped. But Hyoyeon can’t seem to find the reason why her eyes were only towards the girl who was giving her an icy glare. All she could figure out was that, the girl was extremely rich daughter that was princess-like. It’s her first time having a classmate like Jessica.

Now, Hyoyeon discover a new fact, that the girl is a princess who does her own thing without caring anything about people around her. Hyoyeon discover that this Jessica also rebel a lot when she saw her always sleep in class, came late to school, always did charity work (which is because she’s been thought a lesson by the teacher that was in charge of it) and last but not least, she was called to the principle office a lot of times already.

One thing for sure, she didn’t get it, why a beauty like her got so many fans in the school though she’s popular for having bad reputation in the school. It’s not like a pretty girl like Jessica is pretty inside too.

There’s bunch of people who got non outer beauty instead of an inner beauty LIKE HER.

 

“So Hyoyeon, I’m gonna ask this same question again” Sooyoung took a sip of her drink and continued. “when will you show us your skilful dance.”

 

Hyoyeon just watched the big eater shoved all the snacks into . What she heard about Sooyoung was indeed true. Hyoyeon didn’t even knew whether all the food in Sooyoung’s mouth can even fit in like it was in Sooyoung’s.

 

“yeah.. I wanna say the same thing too. We heard that your dance is MIND BLOW!..” the brunette named Sunny in while she was munching the rice.

 

Hyoyeon find it gross when some of the rice fall down on the table while Sunny was talking. An expert like her managed to maintain her expression very well.

 

Hyoyeon started to mix the rice with the so-call-delicious dish in her food tray. “I’m not into dance anymore..” she said with a low voice but the trio manage to hear it. She shoved the spoonful rice into .

 

“we know that… but we just want you to show us your skill. That’s all…” Tiffany spoke while fixing her bangs at the reflection of herself on the shining spoon.

 

“but, I’m curious over the fact why you stop dancing eventually.” Sunny said while still munching on the food.

 

“I love dance too you know. I know few moves of every type of dance” Sooyoung proudly confessed.

 

“oh really? That’s amazing” Hyoyeon tried to take interest on what Sooyoung just said even though she’s trying to focus on eating her lunch.

 

“well, I love those things like music, dance, imstru- look at her! we’re about to finish already.” Sooyoung suddenly cut off her own words annoyingly when she saw the curled-hair girl marched in the canteen.

Every eyes in the canteen fall into Jessica right when she slammed the door hard.

 

Tiffany who was being loyal to her friend waved her hand towards Jessica in excitement as if they’re meeting after a year separated.

 

Jessica saw Tiffany was waving to her at the edge of the canteen and that was when her eyes met Hyoyeon who innocently having mouthful food. Jessica found it cute but she needed to maintain the cold face of her before anybody saw it. Jessica walked to her friends’ table as if the wind was blowing hard towards her. she can feel the eyes on her. the eyes of irritated and the eyes of amazement all on her at the moment.

 

Jessica sat down on the sit that was saved for her across Sunny, Tiffany and of course Hyoyeon.

 

“Yah! Did you smoke?” Sooyoung said controlling her nose not to make it obvious that Jessica smell bad at that moment because all eyes were on their table right now.

 

“shut up! People might hear you!”  Jessica found it embarrassing when Sooyoung bluntly said that out when the innocent girl Hyoyeon was just sitting across her.

 

“didn’t you afraid of getting caught?”

“what’s so good eating that smoke. You’re skinny, and you smoke? How it does make sense”

Sunny and Tiffany said frustrated with the unchanging attitude of their friend.

 

However, Hyoyeon decided to keep shut. It’s the best way not to interrupt the girls’ fight. Now, she knew how Jessica’s friends reacted to her behaviour. It was unacceptable for them all when Jessica have no effort to change the way she live. It’s upset them all to see that Jessica always find the way to

smoke, even in the school compound. That’s not all, Jessica just loves to go karaoke with her friends from another class and went clubbing. Not to mention, Jessica also drank alcohol sometimes when she’s really desperate.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________