Acting School

Acting School (one-shot)

It was my first day at this acting school. I walked onto the stage with mixed feelings. I felt the joy I usually feel with being onstage- audience or not - along with some nerves. I wouldn't know anyone.
I was here early. Maybe a bit too early. I seemed to be the only one here. At least that is what I thought.
"Are you new?" someone asked me.
I turned around to see a really cute guy. For a second I couldn't find my voice. I settled with a nod.
"Figures. No one that does this already arrives early... Or on time."
"They don't?" I asked.
"Nope. They grow big heads and think they are all that. Have they stared in a movie though? No. Do they have their own TV show? Or are they staring in a play or musical? No!"
This cute guy seemed passionate about theater. It made me smile. I cleared my head of thoughts on his looks and focused on his words.
"That’s so unprofessional. They should be in here because they love acting and because it's what they want to do. You don't pay cash to do something to pass the time where you show up late. Ridiculous!"
Was that a bit too much? I'm not sure. The guy seemed to find it amusing.
"I like you. You seem to care. I'm Sunggyu and you are..."
"MiYon. You seem to care as well."
"I better. One day this theater belongs to me."
I helped Sunggyu set up the theater while we waited for the other students to arrive.
"Are you the teacher?" I asked him.
I'd feel weird having him teach us. I'd probably get distracted by his looks and not even learn.
"No. However I am the teacher’s assistant."
Soon everyone was here and the lesson started. Today we were working with the Meisner techniqueand the repetition exercise.
Basically what you do is have two people sit face to face. One makes an observation and the other repeats its. You continue to repeat until one finds a change and you repeat that. It's quite fun.
Sunggyu would of course be one of the demonstrators for this. The teacher asked for a volunteer and I was the only one who raised my hand. Really, where are the acting spirits of these guys?
I sat across from Sunggyu and the teacher said that Sunggyu could go first.
"cute." he said without hesitation.
I blushed as I stumbled in repeating. With each repeat I think I blushed a deeper red.
Then Sunggyu changed it to blushing which I think caused me to blush some more. I was soon able to control myself and observe him.
"Relaxed."
We repeated that word for a while then we continued with the exercise. We seemed to be going quite a while. Isn't anyone else going to go? I know they won't volunteer but why isn't the teacher stopping us?
The two of went at it until the teacher said class was over. Really? He kept us going the whole time? That's a two hour class. The first thirty minutes were spent by the teacher talking. Introducing the technique and welcoming me as his new student.
I left the class not really believing what just happened.
"MiYon, wait up."
I turned to see Sunggyu coming toward me.
"I just wanted to tell you good job. I can't wait to work with you in the future."
Sunggyu gave me a wink then walked out of the building. I smiled as I walked out.

Classes were once a week so I didn't get to see Sunggyu again until next Saturday. I got there early again and he was there setting up for the day.
"Do you want me to help?" I asked.
"If you wouldn't mind."
We set up together and got to know each other a bit better.
Today's lesson was in improv game. After two hours of fun, Sunggyu decided to keep it going.
"Will you go out with me?" he asked.
"Like on a date?" I asked.
We'd known each other for only two days.
"Yes. You love acting and that's all I need to know. So will you?"
"Yes" I said with a smile.
Our date involved a movie, criticism of the movie once it was done over dinner, and walking back to my place.
"MiYon, your amazing." he told me.
"You’re amazing too." I told him.
"Enough for a second date right?"
"more then enough."
Sunggyu lifted my hand and gave it a kiss.
"Until then." he said.
He walked backwards and almost tripped over a rock. I kept in my laugh as I waved to him before heading inside.