Chapter Un

Lie to me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of feminine scents and rolled up sleeves..

 

 

Does he love me?

 

Sitting on the edge of the bed, she turns on the television; she tossed the question in the back of her mind as her fingers press the soft buttons of the remote. She continues to play with the switches. A cooking show. A tennis tournament. A fashion show. Seeing that there was nothing worth to waste some time with, she turns it off. She continues to ponder as she walks to the window and unlocks it. Outside, the winter sun has long since set.  Up above, the stars shine in their brightest, like grains of gold on black. The sky was heavily painted with of lonely blue, coincidentally synchronizing with how she was feeling at the moment. She hears low hustling of leaves and faint songs of birds retreating to repose as she hums to a non-existent melody. Her eyelids start to droop down but stops midway as she hears the door swing open. She furrows her brows at the sight of his tousled hair, swollen lips, undone tie, and his belt hanging loose on his hips…it was quite obvious. He’s on it again.

 

“You’re still awake?” He leans in and kisses her forehead, the dutiful husband he is; too bad her nose scrunches up to an unfamiliar scent. A feminine one.

 

“Chanel no.5?”

 

He clears his throat and looks down to the left as he gets busy with stripping his clothes.

 

“I got bored and you were busy.”

 

“So you did it with your secretary?” She sighs and watches as the puff of air ascends and disappears. She silently prays he’d lie. Better come up with the best dressed lie you can find, Jongin.

 

“Yes,” he trails and chuckles bitterly, “you knew?”

 

But he didn’t. And so she watched her tiny heart break right in front of her. She wished she didn’t ask him and should have just slept. But she didn’t. She’s not supposed to see him, to hear the way he breathes in and takes in the air, to hear his husky voice, the rustling of the wind on his hair, the way the clothes fall on the ground when he strips it off…

 

But she did.

 

She’s as hard as a diamond, she admits. And she recalls how her mother would constantly cov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter