Chapter 1

Music Box

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehunnie don’t cry.”

Soft whimpers were heard from a small boy, Sehun was his name. Sehun’s cheeks were puffed and his eyes were watery. There was another boy, who was currently trying to comfort him. He pulled Sehun to a hug and his head gently as he hummed a song.

This song was Sehun’s favorite. However, Sehun still didn’t stop crying.

He couldn’t stop crying.

Not when he was told that Luhan was going to bye-bye him.

Luhan. That was the name of the boy who was desperately trying to soothe him. The name of the boy who was going to leave him. The name of the boy who was Sehun’s only friend.

“Don’t go.” He muttered, shaking as tears wet Luhan’s gray cardigan.

“I’ll be back Sehunnie. I won’t go forever.”

Luhan spent that afternoon, comforting Sehun. Until Sehun fell into deep slumber. Luhan carried him to his room, and placed him on his bed as gently as he could. Luhan was hurting too. It pained him, that he had to leave poor little 7 year-old Sehun alone without a friend.

Luhan’s parents informed him yesterday while he was eating dinner. Of course he protested at first, he cried too. However, that didn’t change the fact that he’ll be leaving soon.

Luhan was only 6 when he first moved to Korea from China. Luhan had an older brother, but he and his brother weren’t on good terms. He was a lonely 6 year-old, having trouble to communicate with children in his age.

One day, Luhan went to the playing area near his house, in hopes of finding someone he could play with. He walked into the playground, kids running left and right. Some were playing in the sand box while others were playing on the slides. It was very crowded. Luhan walked around, trying not to get squished in between the children.

He walked until he reached a big slide. He was going to ride it but then he heard a “vrooom.” come from nearby. Amongst all the kids and their yelling, he heard a small boy’s voice. He backed away from the slide and walked to find the source. Until he found him, he was playing alone with his toy car.

He immediately recognized him as his neighbor’s son.

“Hello” Luhan called.

It was a less noisy part of the playing area.

The little boy only waved at him with his red car, and continued playing. Luhan felt ignored. He watched the little boy’s ever move.

Luhan then soon got bored and decided to leave. He got up and dusted off his pants. Then he felt a small hand tugging his pants.

He looked down. The small boy was holding his pants, his eyes glittering. He pulled his pants a little as sign to sit next to him. Luhan sat down again.

The little boy handed him a small blue toy car. A smile grew on his face.

He was Oh Sehun, only four at that time.

“Play!” He said, chuckling afterwards.

Luhan did as he was told and took the blue toy car from the little boy’s hands.

Luhan felt extremely happy.

He found a friend.

The next day, Luhan went to visit his Sehun. Sehun’s mother was surprised at first, but then welcomed him with joy. She told Luhan that Sehun was having troubles in making friends as well.

Sehun never smiled to anyone except his parents, he was told. Luhan felt special, since Sehun did smile at him and played with him the day before.

“Hello Sehun.”  He called, standing in the doorway.

Sehun was playing alone, in his room. Toys scattered all over. His room was decorated nicely, he thought.

Sehun immediately looked up and smiled. He left his toy on the floor and stood up. He ran and hugged the taller.

Luhan was surprised.

Sehun smiled and looked up at him, his eyes sparkling.

“Play!” He said, grabbing Luhan’s hand and into the room.

They played all sort of games. From hide and seek to rolling on floor and laughing afterwards. Laughter filled the little boy’s room for the first time.

After some time, Mrs.Oh, Sehun’s mother, entered the room with cookies and milk. Though she was surprised to find them napping on the carpet, Sehun resting his little head on Luhan’s chest.

She smiled genuinely, and slowly left the room.

 

 

Luhan would visit Sehun every day.

They would sometime go to the park with their mothers to play. Sehun soon got attached to Luhan.

One day Luhan went to Sehun’s place only to find out that the little boy is sick. Luhan was worried, as he looked pale, cheeks puffed and red. Mrs. Oh advised Luhan to go to home, as she was afraid he would get sick too.

But Luhan refused.

He wanted to be with his Sehunnie.

Luhan paid the consequences later on, as he got very sick.

 

“Luhannie! Luhannie!” Sehun, now five, ran to Luhan now who was turning seven.

Today was Luhan’s birthday. Luhan’s parents brought a lot of new games. Luhan of course spent his birthday with Sehun. Sehun and Luhan sat on the table, Sehun playing with the cake.

Luhan watched as Sehun ate his cake happily. Luhan ate while he was watching T.V.

Then he felt a nudge on his arm. He turned his head only to see Sehun extending his hand, smiling.

“Say AAA~” He imitated the way Luhan used whenever he fed Sehun.

Luhan opened his mouth happily, and ate it happily. Sehun smiled afterwards, then he grabbed a handful of cake in his hand then covered it all on Luhan’s face.

Sehun laughed as Luhan squeaked then laughed. He got off his chair and stuck his tongue at Luhan. Luhan got a handful of cake in his hand then started chasing the little boy.

After a series of chasing, yelling, and laughing at each other, Sehun and Luhan got tired and decided to watch T.V instead.

Later, Luhan’s mother gave him a scolding for making the house a mess. She then told him that it was getting late and that he should take Sehun home.

Luhan went back to where the little boy was sitting and told him that it was time for him to go home. Sehun frowned at first but then gave up as he was a bit tired.

Luhan reached to Sehun’s hand and intertwined it with his. He helped Sehun in wearing his little red boots and coat and said.

“let’s go Sehunnie.”

He opened the door and stepped outside with him, though suddenly Sehun stopped in the doorway. Luhan looked at him. He was staring at the ground.

“Sehunnie what’s wrong?”

 “I want piggy-back ride.”

Oh.

Luhan smiled, he thought that Sehun was sad. He was happy actually.

“Of course Sehunnie.” He kneeled down and Sehun happily rode his back. He buried his face into the taller’s neck and he giggled because it tickled him.

When they had reached Sehun’s house, his mother was in shock but she later laughed it off.

“Oh dear!” She said, as she stared at the two boys standing in the doorway.

“My you both are a mess! You must’ve had fun today again, right Hunnie?”

“Yes!” Sehun said as he held his hand in midair.

“Becareful on your way Luhan, and thank you for today as well.” She said as she ruffled Luhan’s hair. Luhan in return smiled.

“Bye bye Sehunnie see you tomorrow!” He started to walk to his house as he heard the door close behind him. Suddenly the door flung open again and Sehun started to run towards Luhan who was opening the gate to exit.

“Luhannie!” He yelled as he ran.

Luhan smiled, Sehun looked adorable.

“Luhannie kneel down.” Luhan did as he told.

And felt something soft on his cheek.

Sehun gave him a kiss.

Then ran away after saying “bye bye Luhannie!”.

Luhan froze for a few moments to recollect himself, then slowly went walked to his house.

 

The next day, Luhan went to Sehun’s house as usual. He had a little present for Sehun.

Luhan went shopping with his mom earlier that day. He had found something that caught his eye. It was a music box.

It was blue, and had a small rainbow in the middle on the lid. He opened the music box to find a small teddy bear. He turned the key and a calm, beautiful song was played. The teddy bear in the middle turned and turned.

Sehun would like it, he thought .

He opened the door, only to be welcomed by Sehun’s dad. He ruffled the little boy’s head as he muttered a simple “hello Luhan” and left the house.

Luhan entered the house and took of his shoes.

“Oh Luhannie! Hunnie come see who came!”

Sehun came running his distinctive red toy car in his hands.

“Luhannie!” He smiled cheerfully as he back-hugged Luhan, who was removing his right shoe.

“Sehunnie~” He smiled and looked at Mrs. Oh who seemed pleasantly happy.

 

Time passed by, and Sehun was already in the second grade. Luhan and Sehun entered the same elementary school. Luhan was in the fourth grade.

They went to the park to play football.

“Hyung.” Sehun called as he kicked the ball.

“Hm…?” Luhan kicked the ball again.

“Do you really have to leave?” Sehunnie kicked the ball back.

Sehun was told Luhan was leaving a few days ago. He still felt sad that Luhan was leaving.

“Yes Sehunnie.” He said, in a sad tune.

“but you will come back again right?” He kicked the ball back.

“Of course Sehunnie I will, someday.” He looked at Sehun and smiled.

 

Two weeks later, Luhan left. Sehun was crying under their favorite spot, a big oak tree on the hill. Luhan promised him that they will meet again, here.

He cried, clutching the music box Luhan gave him.

He already missed Luhan.

 

Author's note~

I've decided to make this a two shot because it was too long xD

I'll post chapter 2 soon~

Until then alice off~