A Kiss: TTPLM

Junkyard Dump

Fourth Entry

"A kiss with a punch is better than a kiss without."

Part One of the The Thoughts of People Like Me Series

 

"A kiss with a punch is better than a kiss without."

Jongin's head was throbbing and his fist felt numb. Kyungsoo held his swollen cheek as he glared at the other. No one was wrong, and no one was right. It was a paradox created by misunderstandings and zipped mouths.

Kyungsoo was the first to throw out a pained smile, tired tears rolled down his cheek. Sleep was slowly taking over him and he didn't even clean up their mess. They stayed silent. It was until Jongin softly muttered "it's okay", did Kyungsoo look up. And he replied "no pulse, no life...", he closed his eyes once again, "That line that goes up and down on the machine, it mirrors the life that it proves, hun?". By now, Jongin was also sitting on the floor, knees apart, head up, he sighed and nodded. "It isn't life if all you do everyday is the same, if all goes well all the time. That straight line only means death." Jongin added. "Jongin don't leave me, remember we're going to direct our own funerals right?" Kyungsoo looked at him. "Haha yes. You can leave that to me. I'll be with you for at least half a century so don't doubt me." Jongin replied. "Don't be so sly, I know you understand that a kiss with a punch is better than a kiss without."