[1] Thoughts and beyond.

You and I

 

I lay on the cold bench soaking up what was left of the fresh crisp air, in that settling sun set afternoon. I closed my already drooping eyes as I felt the air filling my lungs.

I woke up to the now cold air and bench tickling my back. But what startled me the most was the jacket draped across my torso.

"Fool, it's not the world where you're supposed to sleep on a bench alone" a voice muttered.

"Why, because people like you fell pity or what? I get taken advantage of. I know perfectly what this world is like"

"Then you'll know how like dystopia we are like, rather than how far we are from it"

"Yet a day doesn't pass that I fool myself into thinking otherwise"

"At least I'm not alone, but one my ask why not end it, what is life when the world around it is dystopian?"

"To find out life's most precious mystery, how one may die naturally, the one single mystery that thrives us to live on, although we might not even know it exists."

"But as one dies naturally, how do they know exactly what happened, what exactly happens when one is fated with death"

"And so unfolds the mystery of life, whether you choose to live it or not, it manipulates your everything"

"I'm Kai"

--------------

What is love. Love is something that magically appears inside of you and grows till it is you. You become love. This become the third thing that makes you. Love, life and yourself. As life disappears so does love. Then you become you. And that place is one that is horrid beyond human imagination. And what is love with a person to share it with. Love then becomes the sole reason you look at that one person. The way they live is embedded into your brain. Is that what happens when you're in love. In love. But how can you be in yourself. Simple. You are no longer immersed into your own self. But have shared it with another. What does it mean to be in love? I cannot say as I am not you, and you aren't me. But when you're in love, you just know.

Did I fall in love with Kai. Even I don't know. Life is like that. Life is something that overpowers you. But didn't you say life was me? Why yes I did. So did you overpower yourself? Or did life itself become you in order to overpower you?  I don't want life to overpower me. Yet that is the pure reason as to why life exists. Because what are we if there is no life. That is why no one chooses for life to overpower them, but let life naturally do it, in order for us to exist.

Fate. Another word that aimlessly gets tossed around. But what is fate. Is it something that life plans? But isn't life you? So is it something that you planned? Well of course. If I didn't choose to sit lie on that bench on that very day. Kai would of only been another person wandering Earth. So did I choose my fate? Blindly and unconsciously, yes.

--------------

As I lay on the couch for the tenth time that day the gloomy clouds over casted began releasing and the light pitter patter of rain echoed through the house.  Kai's face came in view as he tilted his head to look at me.

"Tired?" he queried as he lay beside me.

"Just mentally"

"I love you" the three words uttered out of his mouth.  He smiled. His face showed sincerity. His eyes showed no sign of a hidden message. Did he love me, was he in love with me? Did he love the idea of me, was he loving the words I expressed? But at that moment, he simply loved me.

What is the meaning of life. Everyone has their own answer to this supposedly unanswerable question. Is it to simply live? Or just an addition thing that happens. Will we ever know? What is the reason we wander on this earth until one day. Cut. The life strings are gone, it's not hard to imagine us as just puppets to a hierarchy of puppet masters that we don't know about. As they get bored with your life a simple snip of scissors and you're left wandering and swimming in your own thoughts as they move on to the next person.  But it's also not hard to think of those puppet masters as society and the itching voice in the back of your head telling you grim thoughts everyday.  Yet those two things might be the exact same thing. What is society made up of? Us right? So the grim thoughts we might voice out is hurting not only ourselves but directly affecting us, we're hurting not only ourselves but man kind.

"United we stand, divided we fall." Kai read as we glanced up from his musty book. The rain still sprinkling over the city as I lay on the couch silently listening to his readings.

"Are we already divided with no unity left ? What happened to our world ?" These questions were exposed as he played with my hair.

I fell into light slumber as these questions were hanging over our heads teasing us with their malicious answers.