Sleepless Nights

Two Enemies, One Baby

[A/N-- Thanks for all the comment !!]

Two hours. For two full hours Joon just sat and stared at the baby without any readable expression.

The baby looked around the oddly unfamiliar home and began to sniff, his face wrinkled together as he opened his mouth letting out a shriek.

I stared at the troubled boy yet he made no movement but stare at the crying baby. Seeing how much the baby hated the car seat I pulled him up into my lap and began to cradle him.

He looked at me as a light bulb exploded inside of him.
-

Joon's POV
I walked across the living room towards the baby and ___ as she played with him.

With one look at the tearful baby, I lifted him up under the arms and replaced him in the car seat. His little eyes twinkled up at me wondering what I was going to do.

"What are you doing?" ___ asked as she walked over to the craddle. I sighed and rubbed my temple hard, whose baby could this be!?

"We're going to find his mother." I answered and picked up all the babies belongings. ___ made a wicked face at me and then blew her bangs out of her eyes, she stood up as I handed her the diaper bag.

"I thought you said you never had ." She scoffed with her head tilting to the side. I shut my eyes tightly for a moment trying to fit all the peices together.

"Well, you wouldn't know that." I dimmly answered at her question before picking up the baby.

With the car seat in one hand and ___ following behind me, I sat the two inside of my brother's car and left the house.

First stop, Ga Eul's place. I gulped hard and with a little smile on my face, carried the carseat out of the car and towards the doors to the little house that stood on the egde of the sidewalk.

I rang the doorbell once waiting for her to answer, twice and there was a little jingle from the door knob.
Well Lee Joon, time to put on your--

Standing in front of me shirtless stood a muscular guy, my eyes scanned his body and then towards myself. Even I'm not that muscular, nor tan.

I faked a smile and spoke with a sheep voice, "I'm looking for Ga Eul, does she live here?" The scary man rasied an eyebrow at me before calling in Ga Eul.

She walked in with the iest dirty peice I've ever saw, my mouth literlly dropped open when she came to the door.

"Oh look who it is, Lee Joon." She smirked as she leaned on her 'Muscle Man'. I faked a chuckle and turned the baby towards her, a little laugh escaped the baby's mouth introducing himself.

I pouted and pointed to the back side of the car seat and with a face asked, "We didn't have did we?" Maybe I said it a little too loud because the muscle guy immediately exploded and gripped onto my collar, about to knock me and baby over.

"Whao.." I swallowed and backed off from the door step. "I have a baby in hand." I spoke as my excuse and ran back into the car before the guy had a chance to beat me up.

___ smiled pridefully seeing my mission fail as we drove off, continuing into the darkness. I puff my cheeks and sighed loudly, "Did you see that guy?" I exclaimed and ___ nodded without hesitation.

"He could've me!" I ended and once more, ____ nodded.
-
Your POV

Joon's car finally pulled to our last stop, I was tried from being stuck in the car the whole time he was out getting fresh air.

"Phew." He blew into his palm and soothed out the side of his hair before grabbing the baby from the back seat.

A few minutes later Joon came back running with a hair net on his head, his face was struck with fear as he threw the baby into the back and drove off.

I couldn't help but laugh louder at another one of his mission, failed. Well, that's what he was anyway, always a failure never to successed.

The ride back was quiet and quick, before I knew it we had already pulled into the parking space and Joon had already shut off his engine.

"So," I cleared my throat and took off my seat belt as I walked out to the back to get the baby. "I'll take baby in first." I sighed and stretched out my arms towards Joon.

He made a disgusted face at my hand and then slapped it down for a low five. I did a self slap inside my head as I reached my hand out once more, "I want the house keys you ." I requested.

Joon shot me a bad glare but undecidedly handed me the house keys, without another word I picked up the already sleeping baby and made my way inside.
-

Joon's POV
I watched as ____ carried baby off as the front doors shut tightly. I let out a long and low scream as I began to punch the steering wheel.

My knuckles turned bright red as a tingly sensation traveled throughout both my two hand. With one last punch, I brought myself out of my car for some fresh air.

My head hung low as I leaned my back agasint my doorside, worried and confused about everything. My foot gave up on standing as my hopeless body slid to the concreted floor.

The shinning moon light caught my glance as I stared deeply at it, not once had the moon looked this beautiful with it's bright glowing silver light...then again, I never had paid much attention to it either.

I jumped when a hand slapped onto my shoulder and making herself comfortable next to me sat ____ with an unbelieveable smile on her face. I rasied the corner of my lips at her before returning my looks at the moon.

"Isn't it beautiful?" She questioned as she too joined my gaze. I forbid myself from answering her stupid question as I just kept staring ahead.

"Hey.." She whispered and I can feel her gaze on the side of my face. I clenched my jaw tightly, fustrated at everything and everyone.

"What?" I growled as I moved her hands away from my shoulder. She pounted and leaned her head against my car.

"Don't pressure yourself too much." Her words were like hands that wrapped around my head tightly, turning me towards her. She smiled, still looking at the over size moon.

"We can't find the baby's parents. Don't you feel the least bad for the baby anyway?" Her voice faded away as she moved her gaze towards the ground, my head slowly bent over making sure she wasn't crying, I didn't know what I would've done if she did.

I wanted to say something, something to make her know I was listening to her but, "Shut up." was all that escaped my harsh heart.

____ quickly covered her embarassment with a fake laugh as she brought her hand up and wiped her cheek farthest away from me.

Feeling a bit foolish, she turned to me and patted my back, "Go inside. It's getting dark, we'll continue tomorrow." She advice and without hesitation my feet allowed my disagreeing body to leave the car and under the roof.
-
Your POV
My eyes examined the wall clock which showed exactly 12 o'clock midnight. For some reason, looking at the sleeping babies face, deleted all my hatred against Joon...for now.

The way the baby his thumbs as his beautiful eye lashes laid on top of his white pale skin, what a beautiful baby he was. Too bad he's not Joon's ... or wait, that's even better because then he won't have to be as bad as Joon is.

Joon watched as the baby slept, his hands slowly caress the baby's soft skin and a sudden smile zipped across his lips. My eyes widen, never before had I seen him smile.

I mean, sure a little smirk here and there or a smile out of annoyance was diffrent from what he was showing now. But it wasn't like, a beautifully deadly smile, it was just a smile that told you something new about an old person.

"So.." I spoke to stop my thoughts from getting carried away, "I think we should get to bed too." I whispered as I fluffed the couch pillow. I bent over to the baby as Joon hesitantly moved his hands away and cuddle the sweet angel in my arms.

I waited for Joon to get into his bedroom before I can asure myself to a peaceful sleep, but he just sat on the oppisite couch and stared at the baby in my arms.

"Joon!" I whispered harshly breaking his gaze. "Look, I know he's an angel but you have to get some sleep alright. It's late."

Joon's face was filled with a sheet of confusion before he slowly stood up and made his way into his bedroom. With one last look downstairs, he turned off the lights and everything went black.
-
Joon's POV
I trailed back and fourth in my room for a few hours now, there were no cries from downstairs and no groaning so I was sure no one broke in. (wink. wink)

"Joon, sleep. Sleep." I told myself as I took in deep breaths and laid myself on my soft pillow, for some odd reason my pillow was extra soft, too soft that I couldn't sleep.

I flipped over on my back and crossed my hands over my stomach, the way ____ looked at the ground really troubled me. But why? I made a face at my own dumb question.

My eyes shut for a while and then remembering that the two outside had no blankets when they slept, I sat back up.

"Aish, Lee Joon ah, it's not like she's going to die from cold." I told myself and laid back down only to quickly pull myself up once more, "What about the baby, not much babies survive the cold."

I groaned as I searched in my closest for an extra peice of blanket, and thankfully I found one. I smiled satisfied to myself as I tipped toed out into the dark living room.

My only light source was my bedroom, so I must be careful about where I walked. I didn't want to fall on my face at any mistake.

The dim lights began to fade away and before I knew it I was already standing in darkness, I gulped as I stretched my arms out in front of me to feel the wall.

No help.

I shut my eyes tightly and took a chance, how bad could it be? .... Oh, how I wish I haven't done so. I had tripped on own footing and both my hands cupped the of ____ . She made little movements from my gripping hands but quickly fell back into her trance.

I stood up and shook all over my body, jumping, waving, everything and anything just to get the feeling of her body off.

With a little shutter, I spread the blanket and laid it on top of the baby ... and that stupid girl. Too bad the blanket wasn't smaller.

I stuck out my tongue at her, as if she would see, and made my way back into my bedroom for the night.