Advice

My Sunshine

“Can you explain it again?” I asked.

All of us were in Woohyun’s living room, some sitting on sofas or chairs and some sprawled out on the floor. I was lying down on a large couch, with Woohyun sitting next to me, looking uncomfortable.


“What’s not to get?” the redhead asked. “We were supposed to hang out tonight, just us guys… but you kind of ruined that idea.”

 

“No, not that. I get that whole ‘intrusion on your male bonding’ thing, and I’m sorry for showing up the night you were to go out. What I don’t understand is why you were all acting like lunatics.”

 

“We were trying to stay quiet. I mean, he wanted to kick us out, but don’t you think it would be a little awkward between you two if you were left alone? We’re just here to protect you… from him” he shot a dirty look at Woohyun, who looked more than embarrassed. “His failed attempt at hitting on you was pretty hilarious. I just couldn’t take it anymore and had to reveal myself. So now you’re stuck with us. I mean, you wouldn’t kick us out after ruining our evening, would you?” He shrugged, like the scene he caused was no big deal.

“I wasn’t hitting on her,” Woohyun made a face at his friend. “It was a joke. It’s not my fault she has no sense of humor. If I had said that to any other girl, she would have been completely smitten by me.”


I snorted. “You must be the cockiest person I’ve ever met.”

“Is everything cleared up now?”

I nodded my head, still not satisfied with their answer, but I accepted it anyway.


“So,” a boy stood up and fixed his clothes. ‘We should introduce ourselves, properly, now that we’ve gotten everything passed us.” He had a pretty face, with delicate facial features and clear skin that made me a bit jealous. “I’m Sungjong,” he smiled sweetly, and then sat back down. When the boy sitting next to him didn’t move, he elbowed him roughly.

“Oof,” said the boy, rubbing his side as he got up. “Sungyeol.”

 

Myungsoo was next, but he didn’t bother getting up. “We already know each other.”

 

“I guess it’s my turn then,” said the redhead. “I’m Jang Dongwoo.”

A boy that I immediately recognized started to speak, “Sunggyu! We’re seat buddies. You remember me, right?” I nodded. Of course I remembered him; he had a smile I could never forget.

 

“Hello,” the last boy introduced himself politely. “My name is Lee Howon, but please call me Hoya.” He seemed to feel uncomfortable and sat down as soon as he was finished.

 

After I was sure there was no one left, I spoke up. “Hana… I’m Hana. But I’m sure you know that. Also, may I add that there’s a crap load of you guys. Can you wear name tags or something?”

 

Everyone started to laugh while I furrowed my eyebrows. “It was a serious question.”

~

The rest of the night passed by fairly quickly. We played charades and hide and go seek but I wasn’t really interested since all I could think about was my aunt. I felt bad for leaving with no explanation. She was probably scared to death worrying about me. Though I didn’t want to see her at the moment, the least I could do was call her to tell her I was okay.

“GAAHHHHHHHHHH~” Sungyeol ran past me, looking like he just saw a ghost. Three seconds later, Hoya zoomed by with a look of determination on his face.

“They act like kids, but it’s amusing” Myungsoo sat next to me.

“Yeah,” I watched as various boys chased each other through the house. “What are you doing here?” I asked, turning my body so that I was facing him.

“I got caught. Just waiting for someone to defrost me.”

I tapped his shoulder, “done.”

Myungsoo got up, “Thanks. Hey, are you playing?”


I shook my head, “maybe later.”

“Oh,” he said. “Are you really staying over tonight? Your aunt let you?”

It seemed like he was reading my mind.

“I haven’t really told her about it.”

“You should let her know then… Before she calls up a search party.”

“You’re right,” I said. He nodded and got back into the game, speeding away.

~x~

ugh, you guys hate me right? this whole thing happened with my computer but then I rewrote the chapter like a week ago... I forgot to post it though (BUT SOMEONE REMINDED ME <3 thank you) so TA-DAAAAAAA~ lol i'm not cut out for writing fics but I'll still finish this one for you guys ^^

oh by the way. i wasn't really intending to include ~*~romance~*~ or anything because i thought it would kind of overpower the friendship in the story but what do you guys think? i will cater to your needs~