Nichkhun POV

Of Cakes and Kisses

 

I walked through the entrance of the cafeteria and was surprised at how empty it was today. The bell just rang. It’s dismissal and usually this place would be packed, but today it’s like ghost town. You can imagine my disgust when I walked up to the counter to get my favorite cheesecake only to find out that the cashier wasn’t there. Great. Just when I’m craving for some cake, no one’s here and there’s no cheesecake in sight. I let out a sigh of frustration and headed for the door.
 
I froze on my feet when I saw her.
 
She usually sits with a group of girls everytime she's here but today she's all by herself. There she was, sitting at the corner of the café, draped with a navy blue blazer over a white dress shirt which suited her fair complexion perfectly. Miss Gorgeous, who I have been crushing on for years, is devouring my favorite cheesecake. I took cover and sat at an empty seat behind a pillar. It was a full struggle to keep my jaw from falling as I watched her from afar.
 
Tiffany Hwang is petite with a slender body and exquisite curves, a modest sized chest and a perky which definitely deemed plenty of my attention on rare occasions she wore short shorts for volleyball. She isn’t overly smug; in fact, I bet she’s not even aware of how stunning she looks. She is what they would call a natural beauty –a pretty face that she doesn't need to overdo with much makeup. I need mention how she has the most dazzling eyes I have ever seen; they’re deep brown with long curly lashes. The kind that sparkles then disappears when she smiles. It’s kind of breathtaking. Her lips are soft and luscious; at least that’s how I imagined them to be from the million times I have day-dreamt of kissing them over and over.
 
I’ve been staring at her for a while now and I felt something inside of me when she slightly flipped her head to fix her fringe. That didn’t seem enough to manage it so she blew it away from her eyes and it fell perfectly just above her brows. Adorable. I melted at the display of utter charm. She’s one of those girls that can play herself down and take on an inconspicuous librarian-esque quality, yet it’s obvious that she can turn up the heat exactly when she wants to. God, she’s lovely, crazy beautiful and smart. She is so my type. Oh and I forgot to say that she is a straight-A student, head of the debate team, spelling bee champion, plays three instruments and speaks four languages. One hell of a hot nerd huh?
 
Yes, I'll admit, I like Tiffany. I like her for all the reasons anyone would like someone. She’s just immensely perfect. But it’s her perfection that gets in the way of my biggest confession. How do I tell her what I really feel about her? It worries me how she’s way out of my league, how I’ll never be good enough for her. So there I was, dotingly ogling her for a good ten minutes. It was splendid. She didn't notice me until I came up to her table and sat across her. It’s now or never.