Happiness Seems Overrated

The Masked Man--SEMI HIATUS--

 

 

A soft sigh escaped her lips, as she sat on her window seat, holding a light pink roll pillow. She gazed longingly out her window, at the sun that was setting. She muttered something under her breath, pouting, and playing with the pillow before resting her chin on top of it. 

 

"Miss? Your father has called you down for dinner." the maid said, as she bowed to the young adult in front of her.

 

"Alright. I'm on my way." the maid bowed once more, as she backed out of the room and shut the door behind her.

 

The girl stood up and left the pillow on the seat, before she walked over to her dresser. She grabbed the white, fluffy robe and draped it over her shoulders before sticking her feet into a pair of pink and white bunny slippers. She looked at herself in the mirror and frowned. She then proceeded to exit the room, before going down the grand staircase.

 

"Good evening, dad." she smiled at her father as she leaned down and kissed his cheek. 

 

She joined him at the table, and soon the hot plates of food arrived. As they ate they had small talk, talking about their day and such. 

 

"What's wrong, honey? You look a bit sad." he said.

 

She could never hide anything from him. She finally frowned a bit and poked around her potatoes.

 

"It's just that...." she sighed, dropping her fork. "Why can't I be in a relationship? Everyone seems to be so happy and then there's me. Even MinJu got a boyfriend this summer and I just want to have someone that I get butterflies for." she sulked.

 

She had thought about this kind of thing a lot, and came to the conclusion that happiness seemed too overrated, but she still wanted it with that special someone. If she ever found him.

 

"What are you talking about honey? There are lots of great men who would die to be with you. Chin up sweetheart, I promise to try and help." he smiled at her and lightly tapped her chin.

 

She smiled and sipped her water. Her dad always managed to make her feel better, even when her mom had passed away a few years ago.

 

After dinner was over, she was up in her bedroom, brushing her dark brown hair and looking at old pictures. She would laugh at some, and remember all the crazy times she had with her friends. After she had finished, she went back to her window seat and hugged the roll pillow. Her eyes glistened when she saw a shooting star. She quickly clasped her hands tightly together and shut her eyes, scrunching up her face.

 

"I wish I can meet my true love soon." She whispered, before opening her eyes and letting out a content sigh.

 

She climbed into her bed and hugged the blanket to her chest. 

 

"Please let it be soon." she mumbled on more time, before she fell asleep.

 

 

Hey you guys(: Enjoying? Yeah it's boring so far. I know. New thing I'm trying thanks to nyplay: 

http://readwave.com/aftertherain/

 

Check it out?
But you don't have too. lol.