The end

Dear Someone

 

Dear Someone

Everyone related to this certain girl gathered up in a small room. Her family, friends, schoolmates, everyone that she knew were all there. But there’s this 8 girls sitting together, they were the girls that this person lived with for almost 7 years. They know her well, like she’s their sister.

Suddenly, the room turned dark and a big screen popped in front, gaining the attention of everyone. And there she is on the screen, Kwon Yuri.

 

“Ehem, is it working? Yeah guess it is.” Yuri smiled infront of the camera while waving, “Hey guys, it’s me Yuri.. obviously..  since I’m not good at expressing my feelings, I figured I’d make a video for all of you. So here it goes..” Yuri picked up a piece of paper from the table beside her and opened it…

“Dear Mom and Dad…” she smiled at the camera then resumed, “I know you guys don’t appreciate me that much because all I can do is sing and dance in front of people which is pretty common nowadays.” The tanned latter chuckled, “But I’m sorry if I’m such a disappointment.. I’m sorry if I can’t make good grades when I was still at school. And lastly, I’m sorry if I can’t live up to your expectations..” Yuri’s voice started to crack but she continued anyway, “Dad, I’m  sorry if all I can do is to make music and dance. I know you want me to be like my brother but I can’t dad.. And mom, I’m sorry if I’ve been a terrible daughter. I know you want me to marry a guy, not get on with a girl. But that’s what love is mom, no matter how I try to like guys, I just can’t.. And I hope you understand.”

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon both starred at the screen with tears streaming down their cheeks. They don’t know what to say or what to do.

Flashback…

“Mom! Dad! Guess what?” sixteen year old Yuri skipped towards her parents with a paper in her hand. She sounded excited and bubbly.

“What is it dear?” Mrs. Kwon cooed and motioned Yuri to sit in front of her, “Mom! The staff from the music school I wanted to attend just told me they’ll give me a full scholarship! It’s awesome right?” Yuri said, her eyes sparkling.

“Awesome? You call that awesome?” Mr. Kwon asked, irritated, “Dear..” Mrs. Kwon tried to calm her husband down but it’s not helping, “That’s a big thing for you already? Are you that down to earth? Yuri, you’re a Kwon. Everyone in this family has decent jobs and being a singer is not decent at all. If you’re just gonna go to that school, it’ll be better if you live by yourself. I don’t own a daughter who wishes to be a damn cheap singer.” With that, Mr. Kwon walked out leaving a crying Yuri.

 

“Anyway..” Yuri wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks before grabbing another paper from the table, “Dear people from my school..” Yuri smiled bitterly as she scans the paper, “I’m sorry if I’m weird.. I’m sorry I don’t fit in.. I’m sorry if I don’t look pretty like all of you..” The tanned girl chuckled, “Teachers, I’m sorry if I’m not a good student.. I’m sorry if I always fail and I’m sorry for being stupid.”

 

 

“And..” Yuri looked at the screen, smiling, “Dear So Nyeo Shi Dae…”

“I’m sorry if I hurt you guys.. I’m sorry if I let you guys down when I do something stupid..

Taeng, I’m sorry if I’m stubborn and push things when I know it’s not gonna work..

Sunny, I’m sorry if I always scold you for doing too much aegyo when I know you just want to spend time with me..

Fany, I’m sorry if I always pull a prank on you.. I just love doing it because I want you to run to me and tell me to save you.. I’m your hero right? You’re my reflection too..

Hyo, I’m sorry if I always steal your spotlight.. I know you want to dance solo during dance breaks and yet I still insist on dancing with you.. I’m sorry Hyo..

Soo, I’m sorry if I steal your food when I feel like it.. I know you’re pissed off everytime I do it but that’s how I show you my love..

Yoong, I’m sorry if I always disturb your sleep everytime I have a nightmare.. It’s just that you’re the person that I’m really close with. We’re twins.. right?

Maknae, I’m sorry if unnie always pollute your mind by making you drink alcohol and stuff like those. Now, no one’s gonna annoy you like ever again..

Sica.. Sicababy.. I’m sorry if I’ve been avoiding you the past years. I honestly missed you. But I don’t know why I can’t face you anymore after our cold war. I’ve been a bad friend, I know.. But I still hope you’ll remember those moments we had..” Yuri closed her eyes, tears streaming down her cheeks like waterfalls.

“Girls’ Generation, So Nyeo Shi Dae.. Thank you guys for everything. Thank you for being there for me, during the best times of my life and worst.. Continue being Girls’ Generation all 8 of you together.. I’ll still be following you guys.. Whenever, wherever..” Then the screen turned off..

Everyone in the room was dumbfounded with what they just saw. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon were hugging each other while crying, same goes to Yuri’s schoolmates and professors. Sniffs and loud cries can be heard in the room, no one dared to say a thing.. Taeyeon was comforting Fany and Jessica, who were crying their hearts out from the first part of the video, Sooyoung and Sunny were cuddling while crying. Yoona, Seohyun and Hyoyeon group hugged, comforting each other.

“Everyone, please gather around the coffin and bid your goodbyes to our sister, Yuri.” The priest announced, wiping his tears. He can’t help but get carried away by the video message of the tanned girl. Everyone lined up and started to touched the glass of the coffin, saying their goodbyes to Yuri.

“Yuri, I’ll miss you and your lame jokes even though I love it. Well, I guess this is goodbye huh?” Taeyeon thought to herself as she starred at Yuri’s face.

“Kwon Banjang, thank you for being a good sister to me and I’m sorry if I annoyed you before.” –Sunny

“Yuri-ah, I’m sorry if I gave you a cold shoulder. I missed you too and I regret everything about our fight. I love you Seobang-ah..”- Jessica

“Yuwree, I’ll miss your pranks. Now who’s going to save me from bugs? Anyway, I hope you’ll meet my mom up there. Say hi to her for me.. I love you..” – Tiffany

“Buddy, I’m gonna miss dancing with you. See you when I get old and die..” Hyoyeon chuckled at her thought.

“Yuriah, thank you for everything. Thank you for being there for me when I’m alone.  SNSD will not be the same without you..” –Sooyoung

“Unnie, my twin. I’m gonna miss our late night chit chat at the dorm. Unnie, take care okay? I love you.” –Yoona.

“Unnie, now no one’s going to make me laugh when I’m down. I’ll miss your funny acts unnie, specially your kkab dance.” –Seohyun.

What really happened to Yuri…

Flashback..

During hoot era, Yuri has been losing weight and she was constantly sick. It was because she was diagnosed with leukemia. She didn’t tell anyone and she just resumed doing her activities. She became healthy again but that doesn’t mean she’s already fine.

She was slowly drifting away from SNSD during 2012, the year when they were on hiatus on Korean entertainment. And now, she did drift away from them.