Peace finally…

Peace

Peace finally…

 

“It’s called peace and tranquility.”

“Umm…, aren’t you got lonely?”

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Seoul, January 6, 2013, Monday 5:30pm---

 

Sunset.  This was it. Maybe it’s not the right time but for him, it was. The sunset. It was perfect. Well, at least, for him. It is really beautiful. Also, from that place he was viewing, a small bumpy heap of earth, covered with fresh green grass at the outskirts of Seoul, the sunset was heaven. But that wasn’t what he needed or wanted. All he wanted was peace.

It was so peaceful by that time. The time when everybody went home. There were no children at the playground he passed, no one at those fields, and actually students, workers, officers were at home by then. There would be no voices, no interruptions, no disturbances, nothing at all. Actually peace

A boy whose age was about sixteen, running along a narrow brick road, passing the playground, and then crossing the fields, finally reached his destination. His destination was nowhere but the small hill, where he thought he’d find peace.  He found it just a few weeks ago and he really liked it. Well, it’s just a tiny hill where leaves fell from above, and where the sunset could be viewed clearly. What else? Nothing?? Wrong. For Taemin, it’s perfect.

 What else could be better?? When nothing bothers you…

He was exhausted from running from so far away, yet, he was also relaxed. There was nothing besides him, nothing… no one

Reaching up his face with his hands to sweep away the sweat, Taemin found himself a little glad since the wind was starting to blow. Leaves were falling as usual. The only sound was the rush of air between leaves of the trees above him… or someone sighing..? Ah, it’s probably just him… or not.

Almost there, the moment he’s been waiting for. The moment he could be alone, staying apart from the earth, where nothing could disturb him, where no one could interrupt his thoughts.

Finally, he thought out loud, pea-

“Ahem.”

What the…? How could this...?

“Umm.., why are you here?”

“Oh, um.., nothing. No reasons.”

Nothing? Nothing at all? How could he interrupt my thoughts when he had come here for no reasons?

“Eh, if you’re here for nothing, then, could you leave?”

“Not inviting?? How rude…?”

…Huh?

“Look sir, if you don’t have reasons, then, please leave. I actually have to do something here alone, so, could you do that for me?” I’ll be polite enough so that you can leave soo- very soon.

“Don’t ‘sir’ me. You know me well. Maybe not well, but a little at least. I’m in your class and also the between us is not that big.”

Of course, I know, you’re the school’s jo-

“I lied, Taemin. Actually, I have my reasons. I-“

“Look, if you’re trying to pry me or something. Or even making a joke, it’s not funny and just, please, leave.” How do you even know my name?

“So Tough. No, I’m not making jokes. But the first one, yes, sort of.”

What? The first one? Prying me…?

“What do you want?”

“Ah, giving in already-??”

“How did you come here at all?”

As much as I know, there’s no one who knew this place, besides me and the old lady at the fields.

“I follow you.”

I seeWhat? Follow?

“You’ve been what?!”

“I followed you, okay? And also, do you really think you can find peace here?” He asked with a mocking tone.

“Yes. So, what? Are you here to ask this? Then, the answer is yes, and please go.”

“I don’t think it’s true. And no, I actually have other reasons, too.”

“Why do you think it’s not true?”

“Because there’s no peace on earth. Also, you can’t complete it alone.”

“Why can’t you leave me alone? Why couldn’t you just stop bothering me?”

“Oh, am I a bother to you?”

“Yes. Besides, you and your silly romantic thoughts won’t get into my head!” Did I just say that? Great. I just dig a hell hole.

“Romantic? Ah, you act like a girl. Look like one, too.”

“I do not act like a girl! And how do you even know me?”

“Well, you do look like a girl and also, information these days are quick, you know? Oh, I almost forgot. Choi Minho.” He introduced himself, reaching out for the younger’s hand.

“Why do you even shake hands, Choi Minho? Yep, I know you and everybody does.”

“Popular, huh?”

“Can’t you leave yet?”

“I can’t.”

“Why?!”

“Because you won’t leave me alone.”

“You’re the one who won’t leave me.”

“Really?? You won’t leave me, Taemin. You won’t leave my mind.”

 

                                                                 *****

 

Seoul High, January 25, 2013, Wednesday 1:00pm---

Another place which could define ‘peace’ was no other than the library, as Taemin thought. It was so quiet at the library. Reading with all your thoughts in a book where there’s no disturbances was also peaceful.

It was some Wednesday in which Taemin had no classes after the lunch break. Well, he had a boring class which everybody didn’t attend; also, the teacher couldn’t control the students so that the class was like a wild animal camp. It was just.., just some crap.

So, that was it. He was in his place, so called, peace, the library. He flipped through a book to find the bookmark he’d put, smiling as he remembered the taste of strawberry pancake he had for breakfast; he was going to have one as soon as he arrived home. Clicking the tongue, he turned around from to the opposite side of the chair he had been sitting, only to face no other than his disturbance, Choi Minho. His smile soon disappeared as he smelled trouble for him. Minho was just sleeping peacefully but just Minho, facing him, makes him angry.

It’s not like he’s a psycho, freaking out whenever Minho was there. It’s just that Minho who was everywhere with him so that he freaked out every time. It had been nineteen days Minho had been following him; yep, he counted them. Like when he went to the school’s rooftop, Minho was already there. When he had to eat lunch in the bathroom; because Minho and his friends were at the cafeteria, Minho was at the next door of his rest room. Well, that’s why he freaked out. When he was at his house, he would have seen him in his dreams.

It was odd that Minho hadn’t made a sound yet.

That’s odd. Why is he so being quiet-?

“Why are you starring at me?”

“I’m not. And why are you here… again?”

“Oh, I have a good reason; nobody wants to attend that crazy class.”

“Really? I thought jerks like you would want to. Plus, library is a place for peaceful people, not for noisy jocks!”

“Hey, I haven’t made a single sound.”

“You started talking.” And started disturbing me, with your looks.

“You were starring.”

“…..”

“See? Look, Taemin-ah, admit that I’m handsome. Or that my looks captivate you?”

“No way! That is absolutely wrong. You may be handsome by yourself. It’s nothing concerned with me.”

“Whatever you say, Tae. You did admit that I’m handsome.” Minho said, smiling and closing his eyes again.

“Whatever!” Why did I ever say that? That he is handsome.

After a moment of silence,

“What are you reading, anyway? Isn’t it boring?”

“It’s called peace and tranquility.”

“Umm…, aren’t you got lonely?”

What? How did he..?

“Why haven’t you gone away yet?!”

“Because I want to be with you.”

“You can’t even see me with your eyes closed like that.” Also through my mind. Or about me.

“I can still imagine. Also, I could smell you.”

“Idiot!”

“You smell like strawberries.”

“So?”

“You won’t leave those, will you?”

“I love them.”

“I love you.”

So you won’t…?

 

                                                                     *****

 

After the confession, Taemin couldn’t act the same. He was all trembling and clumsy whenever he saw Minho. He couldn’t even face him. Minho didn’t really show up in front of him since that day. He was a little glad because of that. But at the same time, he felt lonely, as always.

He even dreamed more often about him; those big round eyes, glowing bright every time, those cheesy lines that he could never get enough of, those meaningful words which make him think all the time, those.., those.., everything.

Oh, my god. Do I like him? Or love him even?

                                                             _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Seoul, January 31, 2013, Thursday 3:00pm---

 

It was only a normal Thursday but Taemin did almost everything wrong in the lab room. Minho wasn’t at school on Wednesday, and also absent on Thursday. He didn’t know what was wrong but his mind couldn’t concentrate.

He had been repeating the experiment for the third time but luck wasn’t on his side. Saying “I’m fine.” every time the teacher ask him if he’s okay, wasn’t really working anymore. In the end, the teacher excuses him from the lab class, sending him home to rest. Since he’s an A+ student, the teacher didn’t really mind about his mistakes, just thinking it was because he’s studying too much.

After being excused from the class, he jogged along to get home, or his grandma’s house; but his mind, wandering off to somewhere… To be exact, someone.

Minho, where have you been going? Away from me?

 ***

He was so lonely by then; with no one by his side. His mind was always wandering off to somewhere…, home; where his appa and umma would be waiting for him, where his family held Christmas parties with all the relatives, where he played soccer with his dad, where he helped his mom at dinner…

He was only twelve when everybody left him. It was all just like a dream. After the car accident that occurred when Taemin was at school in which he loses his parents, he had to live with his grandma. It’s not like his grandma was bad or something. It’s just that he’s so lonely; lacking of love, except his grandma’s.

***

He didn’t even know where he was going. He couldn’t concentrate; with himself, daydreaming about everything.

What do I do? Go home? Find him? Then how do I find him? When nobody knows where he is. Should I go find him at his house? No. I don’t even know where.

Why am I like this?  Am I in love with him? Well, I’m always thinking about him lately. I dreamt about him. I miss being near him when he’s not. I love his cheesy lines. I like his round eyes. I love his face when his eyes are closed. I love-

Oh, my god.

I am.

 

                                                                   *****

 

He found himself running towards the field, which he didn’t know what kind of plants were there. After crossing the fields, passing the old playground and jogging along the narrow brick-road, he was really exhausted. He didn’t know why he was here in the first place but he was sure he would find something. It was like his heart was telling something. And he followed it. He took a step onto the small hill, slowly breathing in and out; because he was tired, examining the place. The place they first met.

Indeed, I m-

“Miss me already?”

Speaking of the devil, there he was. I miss him, indeed.

Taemin didn’t say anything. He was all mixed with emotions, sad, angry, happy, glad, loved, etc.

“Aww, come on. Say something. I miss you, too!”

“Why..?” It was only a whisper. He didn’t really know what to ask. There were many questions in his mind, in his heart.

“Are you okay, Taemin?”

He gave a small nod. He opened his mouth to say something and then, closing it again. It was better to stay quiet.

“Good. I don’t want you to cause any trouble.”

I am already in trouble; your trouble.

“Follow me.” Minho demanded, reaching out to Taemin’s hands. Taemin gave in eagerly and then following him, quietly, or, that he couldn’t even talk because they were running.

The two of them; or one running and the other following, catching up, ran through the tiny little brick road, pass the old playground and to those fields.

They stood there for a while, catching their breaths, hand in hand.

Then, Minho led the younger towards the middle of the fields.

“Where…?”

“You’ll see.”

 

At the middle of the fields was a small tent where the farmer or the planters of the fields rest. He knew it was the old lady’s tent. They sat on a small green area covered with wild grass. It was so peaceful since there were no voices, and also the wind was blowing mildly.

“So, how is it?”

“It’s peaceful.”

“No, it’s not.”

“Huh? It is. This place is free from disturbances. See?” Taemin said pointing out nowhere.

“It’s still not.” Why? “I had to find this place for two days.”

“I see.”

“Miss me?” The elder asked jokingly, his hands slowly reaching up to Taemin’s long brown locks, them carefully. “I love your hair.”

“Thank you.”

“Do you wash it with strawberry shampoo, too?”

“Alternately with banana-flavored one.”

Minho chuckled at his dongsaeng’s childishness, and also recognized the time, so, he decided to move on to his destination.

“I looked out for many places in Seoul, but lately, I found out that this place was the most suitable one since you’re going to love it!”

Huh? What does he mean by that?

“How am I going to? I mean how..? I-“

“Oh, I almost forgot. Wait here.”

What now?

Minho got up from his place and then, slowing approaching the small tent, disappearing from the younger’s site. But soon after a few minutes, he arrived back with a bowl of something.

“Here”

“What is it -?”

It is strawberries!!! How did he…?

“I told you so! That you’d love it! Wow, your face is priceless!”

“Shut up!”

“So, do you like it?”

“I love it!”

These sure taste good.

“Actually, I requested the ah-ji-ma from here for this. You see, those fields were strawberry trees.”

Oh, the old lady. And what?! They’re strawberries?

“Why didn’t I recognize before?”

“It’s because you were always running, idiot!”

“How do you know?” Of course he knew. He’s a stalker in the first place after all.

“You need to learn a lot about me, Taemin. Oh, the sun’s almost setting. I have to say something, Tae.”

Finally this time came…

“I really like you, Taemin-ah. No. I really love you. You know before we met, I’ve always been following you, getting information about you, everything. At that time, I only liked you but stalking to get a chance. Later on, I gradually found myself that I was in love with you. Your actions, your words, your likes, are those that captivate me. And of course, your looks, too.”

They both chuckled.

“So, Tae, what do you say? Do you accept me as your protective romantic boyfriend??”

“You cheesy old man!”

“Ha, you got it wrong.”

The chuckling and giggling sounds filled the air between them. Both realizing what they should be going on right then,

“As cheesy as I can be, Taemin, I love you and I want to protect you in every fate you’re going to face. Also, I know everything about you, and I really wanna find peace with you for the rest of our lives.”

“Minho, I… I don’t know what to say. I… I love you, too. I do. I don’t know why I acted that way then. Maybe because I thought you were annoying or that you were interrupting me with my peace.” The younger answered the last part with a pout.

Minho smiled.

Why is he smiling at? When I’m feeling…

“Taemin, there’s something I really wanted to tell you. It’s about… umm… It’s… Tae, what do you think of peace?”

“Hmm, I don’t really know. I guess it is freedom from disturbance. Or tranquility?”

“Well, I guess that’s not true.”

“How?”

“I figured it out lately, Tae. That peace is not the peace everybody thinks. I figured it out by looking at you from behind. I was always there with you, Taemin. Just by looking at you, I really found out about peace. Lee Taemin, you’re my peace. With you, I feel like I could do anything. I feel energized, strong, loved, everything. I feel like I am at peace. It is actually peace. Peace from the inside of our hearts. That’s what peace is about, I guess. You’re my peace, Tae.”

Little did Taemin knew, that he was crying. He finally understood it. Peace. All he thought he was at peace was that he was only so lonely. He didn’t let people come near him because he thought they’d ruin his peace. It was absolutely wrong. He was… he was just feeling lonely. Now, he knew he wasn’t alone anymore. All thanks to the annoying cheesy hyung, Choi Minho whom he didn’t really know how he loves him, he was finally at peace. Peace inside.

“Umm, Taemin?”

“Oh, I got lost, sorry. Thank you, Minho.”

“Huh?”

“Thank you. Thank you for everything. For explaining, actually caring and thank you for loving me.”

“Oh, Tae, that was too romantic for me. I am touché. You’re welcome, anyway.”

After a moment, then,

“So, we’re boyfriends?” Taemin asked insecurely, also wiping his so formed tears.

“Of course, why aren’t we?” The frog-eyed boy answered, instantly turning his gaze to the younger’s eyes. Gradually, the gaze became intense and their faces also became dangerously close. The two could feel each other’s breaths which were becoming heavier. The strawberry scent also filled the thin air between them. Finally, Taemin smashed his lips onto the elder’s ones since they were getting too long.

Their first kiss was nothing compared to those long ones after that. But it was yet so sweet; maybe sweeter to Minho because of the strawberry taste on Taemin’s lips.

After sharing so many kisses, Minho figured that his Taemin wasn’t that innocent.

“Well, someone’s eager, neh?”

“Shut up!”

“I’d like to.”

“Minho?”

“Hmm?”

“How did you… How did you know at all? You know, everything you said? About peace?”

“That’s easy, Tae. I just know it all by my heart. You’ll know it when you feel it for real.”

“Oh.” It was the only thing Taemin could say. He truly understood it now, about peace, and everything. He’d known it in his mind all the time. He just didn’t feel it.

After all, it was all written in his heart.

Peace.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

                                                            *****

 

 

All finished! Done!!  =D

Thank you all!!

With love,

Namri.

 

=====================================================================================

 

Side story… (Don’t take this seriously, guys!)

 

The sun was setting and also a few stars could be seen in the pinkish orange sky. Taemin and Minho were still there, at the strawberry fields.

“Minho, umm…, why… I mean, why does it have to be today? You’ve got all week. Or you could even tell me sooner or even later.”

“Well, I must admit I was a little scared. Also, we don’t wanna disappoint our author who is patiently waiting for our confessions, do we? Besides, the due date of ichigosama’s writing contest is January 31.”

 

B-)

 

 

You guys see there? That's a strawberry that Tae's feeding Minho. They're too freaking cute. >.<

Also, wish me luck, everybody!