summer breeze

The Summer Photograph

One fine summer day, he accidentally caught a photograph of a girl with a beautiful smile and gorgeous moon eyes. Deep down, he knew that he was definitely in deeply attached with her— even if he didn't know whether the fair maiden was existing or just an imaginary illusion

It has been three days since Jiyoung accidentally caught a photograph at the Central Park while he's portraying very beautiful scenery in a canvass. It has been three consecutive days since he became so quiet pale and distant to his old self as he never let go of the photograph, skipping meals and never gone to sleep, just to stare at his photograph (he even claimed it as his own).

His friends noticed these changes, so one of his good pals, Kangin, invited him to a stroll in a park and he secretly hides the photograph that caused the very love bite Jiyoung to be not on his own self. At first, Jiyoung was so hesitant to come, but because of dear old childish alibi of which Kangin told him, he quickly got up and in just a matter of time, he was ready to go.

"Hey G, there are too many pretty girls out there," Kangin said, breaking the silence between the two's atmosphere. Jiyoung just nod and stares at the glittering glimpse at the pond nearby and smiles. Kangin noticed the sudden change of his mood and quickly excused himself to buy some foods.

What Kangin doesn't know is that Jiyoung knows that he hides the photograph and quickly regains it back to his hands. As Kangin excused him to buy some foods, he quickly shows up the photograph in his pocket and elevates it at the sky point.

"Tell me if you're really real, please? Tell me if you still exist, and as you tell me that you're breathing, please tell me— if these feelings for you were just an imaginary. Tell me and I am going to hamper these feelings. I'm gonna move on— and love your existence— the real you, the existing you, and after that, I'm gonna ask you again and this time, I'm gonna say, 'Will you marry me', 'be my girl forever', and 'Love me every day and be the mother of our own children', please just come and tell me if I'm right that you're existing," Jiyoung said, staring at the photograph with a smile in his face.

As Jiyoung slowly puts the photograph into his pocket (because he sees Kangin waking down the alley), from where he’s standing, he can feel the warm breeze of the summer air, he stares at the pond, then to the bridge it has, and he quickly throws his eyes back to Kangin’s direction (because at the bridge itself, there’s a group of girls who’s seductively staring at him). Kangin noticed it and just chuckles, saying things about him getting a slowly recovery from the photograph-incident and fan girls are now back to Jiyoung’s life so he should be careful, without knowing that Jiyoung is not minding his words as he thinks of the girl in the photograph.

 

 



"Girls, stop that, it's embarrassing me and it is really creeping me out"

"But Taeyeon, that boy across the pond is so damn handsome, you should stop reading and just stare at the boy across the pond,"

Taeyeon really doesn't want to hang out with her girlfriends right now, but because of their charm speaking skills, she is right now beside of her girlfriends slash fan girls of pretty boys who just seductively stare at you if you're handsome. Instead of joining them, she just continue reading 'Looking for Alaska' and plugs an earphone.

After 30 minutes, she got a call from her mom and quickly runs— with a quick goodbye flying kiss to her girlfriends. Mom, you save me.

As she walks calmly at the park, also checking her phone for new messages, she took the opportunity to have good glances at each person at the park— well she's soon to be Psychiatrist so why not take the chance. As she quickly glances at a stranger, she can feel a longing inside her, she doesn't know why, so she quickly removes her glance towards him and continue walking.

 


 

 

Jiyoung couldn't believe at himself, he had an eye to eye contact with the girl in the photograph.

Jiyoung is bored to death as Kangin talks and gossips him about things that happened at the past weeks. Well he can't blame his friend because he had been so distant lately (well it's just three days actually). He quickly got up and bid good bye to his friend, he said he's fine now and that he's thankful for Kangin's comfort. He quietly walks to the park and as he took a quick glance to everyone at the park, Jiyoung couldn't believe at himself, he had an eye to eye contact with the girl on the photograph.

Jiyoung quickly runs away opposite to his direction and seek for the girl he just saw a while ago. Please, let me see you and my heart will be in peace.

He runs and seeks and taps all people in the park. He doesn't want to let this chance to go away. He quickly grabs the photograph, but unfortunately, the summer breeze takes the photograph away from his hands. Jiyoung really couldn't breathe as he sees the photograph flying away from him. He tries to follow it and tries to reach for it and as it falls to the ground, he quickly tries to grab i, but another hand already got it.

"Is this yours?" the young maiden said, staring at him in a longing grief.

"Actually, it is for my future wife," He said, holding the maiden's hand and gently grabs the photograph. As he stares at the fair maiden in front of him, he can feel the warm breeze of the summer air. The time seems to stop as he looks at her moon like eyes, her beautiful face and it seems like they own the world now. He quickly shows the photograph to the fair maiden— which shows a picture of her.

The fair maiden suddenly blushed, and Jiyoung can’t stop grinning like an idiot. The maiden suddenly opens the book she’s holding and reveals that she has a photograph of Jiyoung inside— which made him to eye her suspiciously.

“By the way, the name’s Taeyeon. I caught this photo accidentally three days ago, and to be honest, I am completely so distant and introvert as I saw your face in this photograph. My best friends thought that I’m crazy so they let me be on this park— to relax my mind. But it seems like that I can’t find peace to this place so I brought you photograph. It may be embarrassing but whenever I see your face, I can be in peace. As I accidentally look at your face here at the park, I can feel the longing grief, I don’t know, maybe I’m so crazy but above all, I’m thankful to know that you exist” Taeyeon quickly makes a face palm. So embarrass of what she said.

Jiyoung just smile, the fantasy on his mind is now in front of him. Because of the photograph— the summer photograph, It leads two souls to share the same fate, the same conditions and the same feelings.

“These feelings I have for the past days, I thought they were just an illusion. But now you’re in front of me now, I think, I think it’s real— deep down, I never noticed that I have been loving you since day one.”

One fine summer, he accidentally glanced at the fair maiden in the photograph, confessed his love in a silent manner, and made him realize that the feelings he had for her was real— existing or not.