Father and Son Time

Bedtime Stories

 

         “Okay, kids,” Seungri breathed, “Please go to bed!”

         The three children looked at him before they burst into laughter.  Seunghyun and Jiyong tried to get them settled down, but they weren’t very successful.  For the past three hours, the three fathers had been trying to gain control over their sons, but it was very difficult for them. 

         “I don’t know what to do anymore,” Jiyong complained, “They’re just too crazy.”

         Seunghyun sighed, “How does my wife do it?”

         Seohyun, Yoona, and Jessica were in a charity dinner that Yuri, Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Sooyoung had planned.  Seunghyun, Jiyong, and Seungri volunteered to take care of the children with hopes that they could get away from the dinner with the ladies.  The charity dinners that they usually attended were always filled with old women that kept on telling them how much they have grown.  Elderly women treated them like children, and it was not something they looked forward to.

         “Jihoon!” Jiyong yelled at his son, “You better behave or I’m going to call your mom!”

         Seunghyun added, “Joon, if you don’t stop making a mess, I will call your mother, too.”

         “I feel like I’m going crazy!” Seungri pulled on his hair, “Woohyun, if you don’t tell me where you put my car keys, I will put you on time-out!”

         Jihoon, Joon, and Woohyun were the men’s proud and joy.  In fact, they reminded them a lot of themselves when they were their age.  The three boys were four years old.  At that young age, they always spent their days causing mischief for their parents.

         The three fathers had planned on staying over at Seunghyun and Yoona’s house while they babysat their sons while their wives were out.  So far, the house was a big mess.  When Yoona, Seohyun, and Jessica left the house, the house was spotless and very tidy.  The direct contrast from now to three hours ago was so significant that it didn’t even look like the same house anymore.

         There were cookies, cupcakes, and half-eaten candy bars all over the living room floor.  Their toy cars were scattered on the couches and tables, and to add onto the chaos, the kids were being very loud.

         “Hyung, why did you give them cookies?” Seungri asked Jiyong.

         Jiyong replied, “I don’t know.  They said they were hungry.  They wanted a snack, and I’m not the type that knows how to cook!”

         “They’re never going to sleep now,” Seunghyun commented.

         Seunghyun then remembered how Yoona got Joon into bed when he was throwing a fuss.  He remembered Yoona offering their son a bedtime story.  It seemed to be a simple situation to a complicated problem.

         “Kids, we need to get you into bed now,” Seunghyun announced, “We’re going to tell you guys a bedtime story.”

         Joon crossed his arms, “I don’t like appa’s bedtime stories!  I like umma’s.”

         Seunghyun narrowed his eyes at his son.  Joon looked exactly like a mini version of Seunghyun.  He had his eyes, nose, and facial structure.  The only thing that he inherited from his mother was his hair color and personality.  Jiyong and Jessica’s son looked more like Jessica.  Jihoon did have a carefree attitude like his father, but his physical resemblance always made it clear that he was the Jessica’s son.  Woohyun looked like both Seohyun and Seungri.  He had Seohyun’s eyes, and everything else pretty much went to Seungri.  He was very critical and logical like his mother, but he was a troublemaker at times like his father.

         “I bet you that your uncles and I can tell you a better story than your mother can,” Seunghyun told Joon.

         Joon seemed to be interested as he held his arms out to his father.  Seunghyun lifted him into his arms as Jiyong did the same to Jihoon.  Woohyun didn’t want to go because he wasn’t finished playing with his toys, but Seungri lifted him onto his shoulders nonetheless.

         “Appa!” Woohyun made a fuss, “I was playing!”

         “No, it’s time to get you into bed, get this bedtime story done with, and get you three sleeping so that your uncles and I can clean up before your mothers come and murder us for letting the house turn into a pigsty,” Seungri shook his head.

         It took thirty minutes for the three fathers to dress their sons into pajamas and to get them to brush their teeth.  They asked many questions.  Their questions of who invented pajamas to why they have to brush their teeth twice a day rather than once drove the men insane.  Once the three little boys were tucked into bed, Seunghyun began to look through the bookshelf for a suitable story.

         The three little boys were sleeping in a queen-sized bed in a guest bedroom because Joon’s bed was too small for the three of them.  Seungri and Jiyong were sitting at the foot of the bed as they waited for Seunghyun to choose a story.  They were exhausted and they just wanted the night over with.

         “Appa!” Joon called out, “Umma already read all those stories to me.”

         Seunghyun sighed, “Well, you’re hearing them again.”

         “No!” Woohyun complained.

         “Uncle, you said you’re better than Aunt Yoona!” Jihoon argued.

         Seunghyun took a deep breath as he joined Jiyong and Seungri into taking a seat at the edge of the bed.  He folded his hands together as he tried to think of an appropriate story for the three boys.

         “Do you guys know about Hansel and Gretel?” Seunghyun asked.

         The three boys nodded in unison as Jiyong and Seungri chuckled.

         “I think you have to come up with one,” Jihoon suggested.

         Woohyun nodded, “Uncle Seunghyun, you should come up with one.”

         Seunghyun had a blank expression on his face.  He wasn’t very creative in making up stories.  Yoona was the one who usually did that for Joon.  Seunghyun’s only job at night was to scare away any monsters that frightened Joon. 

         “Hyung can’t do it,” Jiyong wagered.

         “We’re in this together,” Seunghyun scowled at Jiyong, “We’re going to come up with a story together.”

         Seungri volunteered, “Okay, let me start it off!  Once upon a time, there was a boy named Peter Pan.”

         Joon scoffed, “We heard that already.  Aunt Seohyun read it to us.”

         Jiyong, Seunghyun, and Seungri huddled together to discuss their next move.  They were running out of options and ideas. 

         “We should come up with one,” Seungri whispered.

         “What?  We’re not that creative.  We’re experienced in songwriting—not storytelling!” Seunghyun argued.

         Jiyong’s eyes lit up, “Oh, I know!  Just add onto my story.  I know what our story is going to be about.”

         They stopped huddling together and looked at their sons.  Their sons gave them their full attention as Jiyong stood up and cleared his throat. 

         “Once upon a time, there were five princes,” Jiyong started, “The five princes were pretty popular, but due to time restraints, we’ll only talk about three of them.”

         Jihoon interrupted, “Won’t the other princes be sad?”

         “Why would they be?” Jiyong asked as his smile fell.

         “Because you’re not telling us about them,” Woohyun reasoned.

         “It’s fine, okay?” Jiyong said frustratingly.

         He swore that children asked too many questions.  He cleared his throat again and managed to pull off a smile again.

         He continued, “Well, I was saying that there were three princes.  They came from the land of…hmm…the YG kingdom.”

         Seunghyun and Seungri stifled in their laughter as Jiyong shot them a death glare.  Woohyun, Joon, and Jihoon were unaware that their parents were celebrities.  To them, they just went to work and went home after.  They weren’t at the age to understand that their parents were talented musicians, actors, songwriters, and producers.

         “The oldest prince’s name was TOP,” Jiyong stated, “The second prince’s name was G-Dragon.”

         Jiyong tried to think of a name for Seungri but couldn’t think of one.  To avoid confusion between the older Seunghyun, everyone called Seungri by his stage name.  The kids were aware that Seungri was his name.  In fact, they didn’t even know what his real name was.

         “What was the last prince’s name?” Joon asked.

         “His name was…hmm…his name was Panda!” Jiyong burst into hysteria, “He was the prince of pandas and very large eye bags.”

         Seungri protested, “Hyung!”

         “Shh!” Seunghyun quieted him down, “As Jiyong was saying, the three princes, TOP, G-Dragon, and Panda, were very handsome and popular.  All the women wanted them—especially Prince TOP.  He was the most handsome one.”

         Seungri scoffed, “He was also the most vapid one.”

         “Well anyways,” Seunghyun ignored him, “There were these three princesses from another kingdom called the SM kingdom that they fell in love with.  Prince TOP fell in love with a princess named…Princess Choding!  Prince G-Dragon fell for the ice princess.”

         “Wait!” Jihoon yelled, “Why doesn’t the ice princess have a name?”

         Seunghyun answered bluntly, “Her looks were so icy and cold that most people froze before she could tell them what her name was.”

         “That is not true!” Jiyong disagreed, “The ice princess was very loving and caring!”

         “Okay, she was,” Seunghyun obliged, “but they called her the ice princess because she looked like an ice princess.”

         Woohyun scratched his head, “I don’t understand.  It doesn’t make sense.”

         “Just let me continue!” Seunghyun begged, “The last princess was Princess Seororo.  The three princesses were the fairest ladies in all of the land.  Unfortunately, those three ladies were kidnapped by very bad men.”

         Seungri took over, “The first villain was…Okcat!  He had claws of steel and an addiction for balls of yarn and milk.”

         Jiyong and Seunghyun stared at Seungri with a serious look.  They did not understand why he would link a villain to a cat that loved balls of yarn and milk.

         “As I was saying,” Seungri rolled his eyes, “Okcat kidnapped Princess Choding because her skin reminded him of milk, and he wanted her to himself—because he likes milk…because he’s a cat.  The second villain was Dr. Evil Fishy.  Dr. Evil Fishy was armed with stealthy dance moves that impressed anyone.  He fell in love with the ice princess because…I guess he saw her as a lazy dancer and he wanted to improve her and stop her from being lazy in dancing.  The last villain was Gamekyu.  Gamekyu kidnapped Princess Seororo because he wanted to play videogames with her forever and ever…with no breaks!  She couldn’t even rest when her hand was cramping!”

         Seunghyun and Jiyong’s jaw dropped as Seungri finished his part of the story.  They could not believe how he characterized the villains.  He made them sound stupid and ridiculous.

         “This is just dumb,” Seunghyun stated.

         “They don’t sound very evil,” Jiyong added.

         Seungri crossed his arms, “There is nothing wrong with the villains!  Okcat kidnapped Princess Choding because of his greed to milky skin!  Dr. Evil Fishy kidnapped the ice princess because he wants her for himself and he wanted to change her to be perfect!  Gamekyu is just...well, he's an addict!”

         The boys seemed to love watching their fathers argue with each other.

         “Let’s move along,” Jiyong urged, “The three villains locked up the princess in separate towers.  To unlock them from the towers, the princes had to defeat the villains by using their strengths and picking at the villains’ weaknesses.”

         Seunghyun added, “Prince TOP rescued Princess Choding by defeating Okcat.  To defeat Okcat, they had an epic battle.  It was called…a rap battle.  Okcat’s rhythm and flow could not even be compared to Prince TOP’s rhythm and flow.  After he was defeated, Princess Choding was released from the tower and ran into the arms of Prince TOP.”

         “As for Prince G-Dragon, he had to rescue the ice princess in a different way,” Jiyong told them, “Prince G-Dragon had uh…an attire battle.”

         Seungri grinned, “You mean a fashion show against each other?”

         “Whatever,” Jiyong stuck his tongue out, “Anyways, Prince G-Dragon defeated Dr. Evil Fishy by a huge margin!  He could not handle the prince’s style!”

         “The most epic rescue scene was Prince Panda’s,” Seungri sneered, “He had the power of iness and—I mean…he had the power of charisma and attractiveness.  When he went to rescue Princess Seororo, Gamekyu took his wand and tried to disintegrate Prince Panda.  Prince Panda lifted up his shirt and the magic reflected off of his abs back to Gamekyu.  And that’s how Gamekyu was defeated.”

         The three fathers looked at their sons.  Their eyes were getting droopy.  They didn’t know if it was because the story was boring or if they were just tired, but they were glad that it was over with.  The kids were going to fall asleep any second now.

         Seunghyun, Jiyong, and Seungri were about to make their way out the room until they heard Joon’s voice.  He was rubbing his eyes as if he was going to knock out any time now.

         “Appa,” he softly called out.

         “Yes?” Seunghyun asked.

         Joon stated, “You didn’t tell us the ending.”

         The men flinched as they heard the door open.  They closed their eyes as they heard three sets of footsteps walk into the house.  The house was a mess and they didn’t even get to clean up.

         “Choi Seunghyun!”

         “Kwon Jiyong!”

         “Lee Seungri!”

         “You three are dead!” Yoona, Jessica, and Seohyun bellowed from downstairs.

         Seunghyun smiled at his son, “Believe me.  The three couples lived happily ever after.”


Author's Note:  I hope that you guys liked the one-shot.  I know that's it's just mainly fluff.  I just noticed how much fluff I wrote back in high school lol.  By the way, can you guess which characters from the bedtime story were who? :)