Confession

Ricky Drabbles
You tighten your grip around his waist, bringing yourself closer to his warm body. You felt his arm wrap around your shoulders, it was definitely comforting. You digged your head into his shoulder, sniffing his scent trying to memorise it. His your first and only guy best friend and nothing would change that, not even your obvious feelings for him. You felt him kiss the top of your head, like how your brother and father would, but this time it's special because it was him.

It had been over a year since you had last seen him, after he debuted, he did not even have the time to send you a 'Hello' message. You understood though. "Changhyun-ah." You called his name, even though he is two years older but you don't feel comfortable calling him oppa, in fact you felt uncomfortable calling anyone oppa. Slowly you released from the hug, even though you wanted it to last forever. "I miss you." You said shyly in a soft tone. It was hard for you to say something like that, being a person that is not straight forward with feelings. He smiled shyly as he look down his shoes, while his hand rubbed the back of his neck. It was embarassing. You shouldn't have said it. "I missed you too." He said avoiding your glaze. "But can you stop calling me 'Changhyun-ah' I'm two years older." You tried looking at his face but he would not allow it. "Yah! What's with you? I called you that since as far as I could remember." You playfully punch his left hand. He did not seem too happy with the respond.

"To be honest I have something to say." He slowly look up, meeting your glaze. "I want to call me oppa because I'm special to you." His cheeks started having a shade of red. "What do you mean?" You understood but asked to make sure. "You know, I mean like I'm different from everyone else." He shugged his shoulders. "Changhyun-ah, are you sick or something?" You touched his forehead. "Oh my, it's hot! Changhyun-ah!" You said worriedly. He took your hand away from his forehead. He stared intendly into your eyes. You could not look away even if you wanted to. He started to look different. "They say a timid confession is useless, so I'll be confident and tell you that I like you." He closed his eyes for a moment. "Changhyun-ah," You whispered. "Being away from you for so long has made me realise it. I'm sorry it took me so long. Knowing how you felt about me." Your mouth parted to say something but no words came out. You wanted to deny liking him but it was true. "From today onwards, you are my girl." He said, his eyes not leaving yours.