Saved from the abyss

You saved me from the abyss - Oneshot

 

There were three years left. Three years left with school. It was time to choose a new school. I really didn’t know which school I wanted to go to. Should I go to the same school as my friends or choose something else. I had no idea.

There were two people I really wanted to go to the same school as. Those were Ryeowook and Siwon. I had only known them for about three years, but our friendship had grown tremendously. There were sometimes I considered them as my best friends. Better friends than the ones I had known for ten years already.

It was weird how someone like them could be so fun to be with. I had nothing against my other hyungs. They were all nice, but there were just sometimes I would have wished I didn’t know them or I had other friends. You are probably asking why am I saying that? Shouldn’t friends be there forever?

Answering your question would take a very long time. In short I would say that they don’t fit me. You know when you meet someone that has completely different hobbies than you? How it is difficult to talk them about something fun.

That was exactly what I was feeling. They talked a lot about girls, especially Donghae and Eunhyuk. Then there were the others. Two of them were Shindong and Sungmin. They were twins. It was easy to differentiate them, but their personality wasn’t always the best. I loved Shindong in my own way as a friend. He was always the caring one. If I should use something to describe him I would say the word mother.

Sungmin was another case. One word for him was weird. That is the only thing I can say. He always has something weird up his sleeve. This particular hyung was also a very introverted person.  Sometimes you had to help him keep up with the others. It was only sad to see him not speaking up for himself. The way I came to know about that side of him was through another friend. That made me very sad.

There is also something else about him. A few times he would always say something weird. Not something you couldn’t understand, but words that actually hurt. It wasn’t irony. I knew that. Since he never used irony, but those times were very sad for me. How would you react is someone said that “I don’t want to hear what you have to say, but say it anyways.” Wouldn’t you have felt hurt?

The last of my friends, Leeteuk and Yesung were alright. I don’t know how I should describe them. The only thing I would say was that I didn’t actually know them so much. I couldn’t even remember Yesung’s birthday. Those two went to other schools. I never really saw them again, only occasionally.

I don’t know why I am telling you all of this. Wasn’t the topic what school I should choose?

Actually, I don’t care about school. I have good grades, but those weren’t done sincerely. The next months were months full of waiting. It was the summer holidays. Those were really good holidays. We travelled a lot. Got to see a lot of cultures I didn’t know about before.

One week away from school start. I talked with my friends about which school they would be attending. It shocked me a little.

We were scattered over several schools. What made me the saddest was that Siwon and Ryeowook woudn’t attend the same school as me. My best friends had left me.  

Then it was left to see if I came in the same school with anybody else. The answer was yes. I was in the same school as the ones I didn’t want to be together with at all. Shindong and Sungmin.

They were still one of my best friends, but not the nicest people I knew. When I thought about it, it wasn’t actually that bad. Shindong was really fun to be. Now was only left to look at the class list, if I came into the same class as those two or not.

I came into the same class as Sungmin. Shindong was in another class. Wow I didn’t know what to say to myself.

I told myself to make the best out of it. Sungmin wasn’t that bad.

In my new class I got to know a lot of people. They were all nice, until I got to know their bad sides. I changed my opinion of them a lot since then.  I was just lucky they didn’t bully me.

It continued like that for two whole years. Until a person saved me.

I remember that day clearly. The teacher came into the classroom and started with saying. “You have a new classmate. Please come in Changmin.”

“Hello everyone. My name is Changmin.”

“Thanks a lot Changmin, sit down with Kyuhyun at the back.”

The new student was going to sit with me? No one liked to sit with me. Not even my supposed to be friends. I heard him beside me sitting down.

“Hi Kyuhyun. I hope we can be best friends.”

“Hi…” I said hesitantly to him.

“You looked so alone back here. “

From that sentence I knew it. No one had ever realized how lonely I was. No one. Not even the persons that thought they knew me the best.

How could a person I had only met a minute ago see it already.

That person changed my life. He saved me from the abyss.