Idol Champ

The Idol Champ

The Idol Champ

 

 

Onew walks up to Taemin, his heart cracked a small fracture when he saw Minho rustling Taemin’s hair. Calm down Jinki. It’s probably nothing, just a little friendly skin ship sort of thing. I really want to tell him how I feel. Would it be awkward? I have to tell him how I feel tonight. The young man thinks to himself. He gets a little jealous he can’t help it. Minho is closer in age; what if Taemin would prefer Minho over him?

Minho was talking about something boring, Taemin smiled as soon as he saw his favorite hyung. Onew will play with me and not bore me half to death. Taemin jokingly walks backwards almost instantly when he sees’s Onew walking toward him, trying to get Onew to play. Minho please don’t touch my head. Crap he touched me. He pouted as Minho walks a way to talk to his friends.

Onew sees the pout on his face then stares at Minho walking away. Onew took it as if Taemin was sad that Minho was leaving. He didn’t know Taemin was upset that Minho touched him and he rather it be Onew touching him. Taemin reached out to hug Onew’s waist but awkwardly bumped into him but it brings Onew’s attention back to Taemin.  He smiles automatically when he sees Taemin smiling cutely right into his eyes.

“Why were you pouting?” He asked. If he can make Taemin happy then maybe a 1 sided love is still ok. If he rather have Minho, he’d get him Minho. He was about to shout to Minho to come back for Taemin’s sake but Taemin responded to his question before he got a chance.

“I wasn’t pouting.” He smiled and walked 3 steps.

Onew grabbed his arm and Taemin turned playful and started walking the other way. “Tell me why you were pouting.” Taemin huffed “no” playfully. Onew grabbed and tugged his hand again.

Taemin smiled really big thinking.  Is Onew flirting with me? He is touching me, he is touching me. He spun around a 2nd time. He saw Onew’s bright famous smile. Taemin felt giddy and warm inside.  His heart fluttered.

Onew’s was beating faster too. Taemin you’re so cute, please be mine. Taemin pretended to walk away again to see if Onew would do it again. He did, and Taemin turned around for the 3rd time they both laughed and Onew bent down scooping him up on his shoulders. Taemin giggled, “Put me down hyung.”

Onew giggled and placed him down. “Sorry, I got carried away.”

“Well technically I almost got carried away.. on your shoulders.” I bet he liked that joke. It’s something he would have said.

Onew laughed. He is so funny.  “Good one Taem. “

“I learn from the best.”  He smiled.

“Taemin please come here. Does Jonghyun or do I jump higher?” Key shouted for Taemin and ruined Onew’s chance for asking Taemin to talk with him privately somewhere.

“Hey Onew!” Someone shouted for him too.

“Looks like we got to go.” Onew sighed, Taemin nodded.

Onew turned around one last time and smiled at Taemin. Taemin felt butterflies in his tummy when he saw him flash that amazing smile.

………………………….

Later that night Minho was playing a soccer video game while Jonghyun was in the shower; Onew was in the bedroom getting his Pj’s on. Key was making dinner. Taemin was being silly and poking Key in the side. “Is it done yet?”

“No” he laughed.

*Poke* How ‘bout now?”

“No. Why do you have so much energy?”

“I’m a growing young man that’s why. I’m starving from all the sports we had to do. Now feed me umma… .. did you hear that?” Taemin put his hand to his ear. “That is my stomach rumbling.”

“Go mess with someone else. The more you bother me the longer dinner is going to take.” He chuckled and ushered Taemin out of the kitchen. Taemin smiled cutely and took a cookie off the counter when he thought Key wasn’t looking. But he should have known that mom’s have eyes in the back of their heads and see all.

“YAH! that is for dessert Lee Taemin!”

“Well if you don’t feed me I’ll die.” The cookie was nearing his lips when Key snatched it away. “Give me that.”

“AHHHH oh my god. I’m dying. Someone help. Umma doesn’t feed me.”  He slumped to the floor clutching his belly.

Onew had walked out of the bedroom and rushed over to him. He put his hand behind the youngest’s head. “OH my god, Key you killed him. He only wanted a cookie.” He parented to cry. “Hurry someone give me those electric paddle thingies.” He reached out to no one and grabbed the device.  “CLEAR!” Onew rubbed the invisible defibrillator paddles together and then zapped Taemin’s chest.  Taemin jerked violently.

Key tired not to laugh. “You guys are so juvenile. Get out of the kitchen.” Key kicked Taemin’s lifeless leg.

“How could you Keeyyyyyy?” He scooped Taemin’s head up and pushed it against his chest.  Taemin smiled. Onew was warm, his heart sounded soothing. Onew dropped his arms a bit as he faked crying and Taemin, on cue, let his head fall sideways, outwards, his tongue was sticking out to the side. “See he is dead, Key.” he pretend to sob harder.

 “You two are not funny. I am trying to be an adult unlike you 2 and cook dinner.” Key scolded them. “Get up and out of the kitchen!” he pointed in the direction for them to leave.

“Fine we’ll go. Come on Taem, I’ll give you a proper burial.” Taemin remained “dead” but opened one eye and whispered. “Grab me a cookie hyung.”

“I did, got 2.” He smiled “Now close that eye.” Onew smiled and Taemin went limp and closed his eye.

He carried him back to his room. He placed him down and locked the door. “K, so I’m glad I got you alone, actually I wanted to ask umm I mean talk to you about something.”

“Hyung I am dead remember? Hand me the cookie 1st.”

Onew laughed “here.”

Taemin opened his eyes.  “Thank you!” He ate it.

Onew held his cookie and sat staring at it. “Do you like Minho?”

“Yeah.”

“You do?” His voice was shaky.

“Yeah don’t you? Sure he is very competitive and that is annoying as poop but he aint bad.”

Onew chuckled lightly. “That is not what I meant. “

“What do you mean?”

“You were pouting when he walked away earlier. Is it because you like- like him?”

“What? No.”  Taemin started sweating, the butterflies swarmed in his tummy.

“I won’t be upset if you do. I know you’re closer in age and I’m old right? I know it’s wrong and I’m  dorky and even if you were into boys and were older you still wouldn’t like me..”

“Onew- I mean Jinki hyung. I have to confess something.” He took a deep breath. Onew did the same and his heart skipped a beat when he heard him call him by his real name just like he use to do before debut.

“Taemin just let me finish please. I have to confess something too. I… um… please don’t hate me. But I like you.. and I mean like-like.” Onew’s cheeks flushed a deep pink.  He hung his head down in shame.

Taemin felt a gush of bravery all of sudden, now knowing Onew felt the same way, he got an idea. “May I have your cookie?”

“Didn’t you hear what I just said? Aren’t you mad at me?” Onew said weakly and started to cry.

“Um can I have your cookie?” His voice was chipper.

Onew wiped his tear. “Yes” he said softly.

Taemin sat closer and took the cookie out of his hand. “Jinki hyung, see this cookie?”

“What?”

“Do you see it?”

“Yes.”

“Ok. You are like this cookie. You have all the right ingredients. Funny but so am I. Dorky but so am I. Sweet and so am I. So I am also like this cookie. I really want this cookie. Don’t you?” He broke it in half.  “I’ll take this half, this is you.  You take this half, and this is me.” Onew took the cookie. Taemin smiled. “Today we did lots of different races right? Well, let’s have one more. The 1st one to finish the cookie loves the other more. If one does not eat the cookie then they don’t love the other.”

“So if you don’t eat this cookie you don’t love me back?”

“I love this ‘cookie’ don’t worry. But I bet I love this ‘cookie’ more than you do.” he smiled from ear to ear.

Onew smiled, his heart swelled with joy.  “No way, I love you more”

“No I love you more….Ha na, tul, set!” Taemin shouted extremely fast and crammed the whole half in his mouth. Onew blinked at how fast that was, he shoved his in his mouth. They chewed as fast as they could. Taemin swallowed and stuck out his his tongue, showing that the cookie was gone. “I WIN! In your face! I love you, so HA!”

“No, no, wait. I wasn’t ready, AND this is my confession, I love you more.” The eldest pouted.

“No I won, I am the champ. There for I love you more.”

“No I do!”

“No I do!”

“No I do!” Onew tickled him.

 Taemin laughed loudly “I am the idol champ!”

 

 

 

 


Requested by ontokki92

Request: OnTae fic based on this video clip.

 

Ontokki92, I hope you liked it :) and I think I watched his video clip 100 times before I started writing because ontae are so darn cute.... Oh and  I noticed there was some jongkey stuff happening on the right side kekeke. It looked like Jong said “you can’t jump high” and Key was like “oh yeah watch this.”  So I added a one liner about that lol….. Jongkey they like to sneak into my fics sometimes lol.