Ideal [one-shot]

Ideal

"What are you doing?" The cameraman, upon striding close to me, questions and draws my attention away from my activity. I've been drawing, considering that I had everything all set (not quite) and the only option was to wait as every other member went off to get ready alongside the stylists and makeup artists, sending the large dressing room into chaos.

I smile at the camera and lift the paper up to show two images- a face-less boy carrying a small bouquet of flowers and a face-less girl standing diagonally from him. Granted, I know I'm not the best artist out of the group but I'm still decent at it. "Drawing. They have no face though since I believe that no matter who it is, I'm hoping for someone with this kind of appearance." I gently tap on the female with the eraser.

"Your ideal girl?"

Such a simple question- one that should be quick to respond to. However, the only problem I have about it is the fact that I wasn't really imagining an actual girl when I drew her. Eventually, I give a soft hum, my lips stretching a little wider. "Yeah. It’d be nice if I can meet someone like her."

Technically, I have. Not a girl, though.

"So there's no one who looks like the person you drew?" the cameraman asks curiously.

My eyes quickly flicker over to the person seated on the opposite end of the room, right behind the camera. He's playing on his phone as he's getting his hair done. I can’t help but to smile out of mirth and begin to resist the urge to head over just to pinch his cheeks.

"Ah...no. Not really." I speak up and shake my head a little before returning to my drawing and giving the light gradient of the girl's hair a darker shade.

Through the corner of my eye, I catch the camera tilt down toward the paper beneath my hand, taking a closer look of my artwork. "What kind of personality are you looking for in a girl?"

"What kind?" I lift my head up in contemplation. Someone who's funny, loud, and a complete choding for one? "Well, pure and innocent would be the first thing I would look for. “ Blinking down to my drawing, I then add, “Pure and innocent with long, wavy hair. That would be perfect.”

It’s too bad the image I’m conjuring up is one that appeared for about a few days during our concerts at the beginning of last year. Far too short, if you would ask me. I bet fans would love to see him in a dress once more. Would he mind if I ask him to dress up like that again?

I can hear the cameraman chuckling softly in response. “I bet there are plenty of girls like that.”

“That may be but to me, there isn’t. Not one who I can find attraction for, in any case…” I trail off, looking thoughtfully. “Though there may be one, after all.”

“Really? Who might that be?”

I take a second to catch a quick glimpse of the seated male once again. Instead of concentrating on his phone, he had shifted around his seat and is now gazing back at me with curiosity, make up done and his hair pinned up with a hot pink clip. Suppressing the urge to chuckle at the sight, I offer a playful smile to the camera before eventually leaning forward, cupping the side of my lips, and muttering the first name that comes to mind, “Inoue Mao.”

And with that, I place the pencil down and leave the cameraman in favor of seeking out the person on the other side of the room. As soon as I reach him, I make a short hand gesture in which he understood and scoot to the edge of his seat so that I can take the other half. “Hi there.” I speak up with a smile. I prefer to press a kiss on the cheek but there are just too many people here.

“Hi. What were you talking about just now?” Sungyeol inquires with a blink as he places his phone on his lap, his eyebrows arching high with interest.

I give a hum in response. “Why don’t you find out when you watch the dvd?”

“You know how many months will that take?!” He says incredulously before he begins to jab my side. I end up trying to block them with the palm of my hands, my smile widening in amusement. “Tell me.”

Catching his hand into a light grip from further prodding, I swing my other arm- the closer one, around his shoulders and murmur audibly enough for only the two of us to hear, “Only if you answer me this one question.”

Sungyeol dips an eyebrow down as he gazes upon me, searching for something off of me. I meet his gaze with a mildly innocent one. After a short moment of time, he wiggles his hand out of my grip and mutters back slowly, “Happens to be?”

I give a grin. “Would you be willing to wear a dress again?”

He immediately pushes me off the seat, his face starting to obtain a tinge of pink that turns darker with every second. “What kind of question is that?” And with that, he storms off, most likely out of embarrassment.

I guess that’s a no.

 

End.

A/N: Well...he did say Inoue Mao.
She's a japanese actress, by the way. I love her acting in 'Hana Yori Dango'.