After Hours

Fly

1...2...3...4...Again...1..2.3..

I twirl again and again and again, I twirl until I feel my stomache is about to fall out of my body. I stop but only for a moment, I hunch over to catch my breath, my hair falls around my face as my hair tie breaks. I let out a small groan before standing again to continue my practice. The studio is filled with girls I've known since pre-school, all are going for the same thing I am. The No-Peun-Dae Academy, the most presigious academy to ever exist. And the academy my family just so happens to own. As I twirl and jump into the air I let my head clear of all thoughts about where i am and why i'm doing what I'm doing, I land on my left foot and flinch. My heart drops. *I...I messed up* I put down my other leg and go to grab some water, insulting myself on my mistake. Anyone can say "It wasn't noticeable" or "You're over-reacting" but the thing is, I don't over-react when I flinch. No one does, the thing is, if you flinch you don't make it. Your career is over as soon as you make one mistake infront of the judges. And I just made the biggest one any dancer could ever make.

"Alright girls! Time to head home for the night, great job today from everyone! See you tomorrow!" The teacher said as she left the room. She wasn't as uptight as most of my previous tachers, but then again, she isn't Korean. She was a famous ballet dancer in Germany but had to retire early due to a bad knee. She spoke very good Korean, only with a heavy accent. As soon as the door shut everyone practically fell to the floor to remove their shoes. I however still had mine on and had no intention to remove them anytime soon. I watched as everyone cleared the studio, taking their bags and letting their hair out of the tight buns they tied their hair into. Once no one was around I stood again and walked over to the radio. I inserted a disc and pressed play.

I did my usual routine, I twirled, I jumped and landed how I was supposed to, and I did the same thign I do everyday. What I've been doing for the past nineteen years, and it's still not perfect. I'm lucky that no one stays after long enough to see me, or I could get into trouble. I've had to make a deal with the janitors who clean the studios, that if they kept my secret then I would clean the studio myself every morning adn nigiht once I'm done. They like not having to do the extra work and going home early, but every now and then they offer to clean the studio themselves, staying much later then they need to. I always shrug them off and say that I don't have a problem with cleaning after myself, after all, they help me more then I can ever repay them.

After about three extra hours of practice I finally start to clean up, I have keys to th supply closet and go to get the mop and broom. On my way back to the room I see the door  shut opened a bit, I freeze and slowly walk towards the door, *What the hell?* I think as I put my hand on the knob and peek inside. In the middle of the room I see a boy stretching, he stands fairly tall and has dark skin and hair. Once he finishes he does what he doesn't seem he can do, he dances. It's not free style or him messing around, he is moving with all of everything. He seems to be in  another place by the way his body moves fluidly with the soft piano music in the background. I stand and watch him as he twirls and sways with the music. When he finishes he lays on the floor and looks at the ceiling before closing his eyes. I make no attempt to enter the room as he breaths deeply in and out. 

He stands after a few moments and grabs his things before leaving the studio, quickly, I stand back behind the door so he does not see me when he leaves. And thankfully he doesn't, he simply walks out the door and to a red car in the parking lot. As he drives off I walk into the studio and start to clean up. Once done and everything is put away I see something on the ground near where my bag had been, I walk over and pick up the object. It was a bracelet, a simple black band with the words 'Do as you do'. I can't help but admire the simple object before sticking it into my bag. *It has to be his, I'll give it to him next time. If there is a next time*  

Yay first chapter! Like it? Then click the subscribe button and don't forget to comment!!!