.05

Fatal attraction

 

 

Woohyun POV

 

The guard nodded toward my direction when my car reached at the end of the parking lot and I nodded at him as a response before exiting the building. I received the call from my father just before my secretary arrived and that was when all hell breaks loose. I felt bad for my behavior towards her in my office just now and I admitted that I was angry, but it wasn’t her complete fault. The weather was good and it was a nice way to start a day at work after a several days of vacation but it all went down after I realized the damn file was missing from my office along the unpleasant call I received from father. He wanted to meet me and I could feel it wasn’t because of a family matter. It never had.
 

The house was as dull as it was the last time I was here. I noticed there were at least a few new maids replacing the old ones every time I came here and I’m repulsed at the fact that maybe my father had gotten some of them into his bed already. A young maid came to me when I entered the house and giving my jacket to her, I noticed the pink flush on her cheeks when our fingers touched. Smirking, I went passed her, making sure my shoulder brushed hers and went straight upstairs. I’m not an idiot. I knew the effects I had on women and I’m not shy to use them.

 

Walking through the hall, my eyes were on the pictures hanging on the wall. The pictures of my beautiful mother, my brother, myself and our family portraits. I didn’t know why my father still wanted them hanging on the wall. Well, actually I knew why; it was all because of the public show. Medias and journalists often came to the house for an interview with my father. I should be thankful because if it wasn’t because for them, those pictures would end up on the basement or the attic by now.

But that would be a lie. I didn’t want them and honestly, I didn’t care what he wanted to do with them anymore. Since my mother’s death and when my brother left the country for boarding school, I no longer felt anything when I looked at the pictures. Maybe I would keep the picture of my mother but I didn’t give a damn about the others. He could burn all those craps, I could have cared less.

 

Knocking on the door twice, I went inside and my eyes immediately fell at the sight of my father. His eyes met mine and he must have sensed my irritation when one of his eyebrows shot up. I diverted my gaze to somewhere else as I walked to him and plopped down to the farthest chair away from where he was sitting.

 

“Where the hell have you been the last few days?”

His voice mirrored my annoyance and I would gladly tell him the feeling was mutual. I knew he wouldn’t want me here if it wasn’t because of business matter and that was mutual as well.
 

“Good to see you too, father.”

“I don’t want to deal with your smart mouth right now, Woohyun. You went missing for days and apparently, your secretary had no idea where you went to either.”

I sighed. “I did not inform her on where I was going and it wasn’t her fault if she didn’t know what to tell you. And quite frankly, I don’t think I need to tell her or especially you on where I went to. Those days were called a vacation, if you didn’t know that. And I earned those days off and you knew it.”
 

He knew what I was talking about. After all the troubles I had to go through to seal the deal with the Kim Corporation and after the idea from him on using the daughter to get information on the secret project between the companies. A small pride swelled inside of me when I saw his face flushed red from the anger he couldn’t let out on me. When he remained silent, I took it as a cue to get out. This was all useless, as usual. I’m itching to get out from this goddamn house. As I rose up from my chair and heading to the door, he spoke once again.
 

“What happened to you? You used to be the perfect son, not like your useless brother. You used to be so much better than him; now look at you!  You are lacking in everything nowadays and you expect me to hand in my company into your hand?”
 

My grip on the door knob tightened and my chest felt like it was going to explode. I felt like I wanted to punch or kick something; someone, that right moment. Gritting my teeth, my jaw tightened as I spoke.

“That perfect son is gone and you damn well know why. If you think Min Hyun is better than me, then ask him to come back from his hiding and take over the company. I am more than happy to hand your company over to him.”

 

I didn’t wait for his answer as I walked away and heading downstairs. The smell of fresh brewed coffee coming from the kitchen caught my attention and I smiled knowing who made it. Instead of going to my car, I decided to pay a little visit first. As I stepped inside the kitchen, her head snapped to me and a big, genuine smile lit up on her face and I couldn’t help but to smile too.
 

“Oh, Woohyun. I didn’t know you’re coming today.”

She placed the cup of coffee; which I’m sure it was for my dad, on the table and gave me her usual warm hug. I sighed in relief and hugged her back. I hadn’t seen her for weeks now and although I did come here over the times, it’s because I left as quickly as I was dismissed from father, I didn’t get the chance to say hello to her. I watched as her almost grey-ish hair fell over the messy bun on her head and I realized how I really missed this old woman who had taken care of me like I was her own son.
 

“I just came for business matter, like always.”

Her smile dropped and so did mine. We talked for a while and she knew me well enough not to talk about my father. We mostly talked about her sons and daughter and how her youngest one just recently graduated and her oldest son was planning to build his own house and wanted her to live with him. I’m really happy for her. She deserved this good life.

 

Our conversation was interrupted by my father’s yell from upstairs asking for his coffee and it was time for me to go. Bidding her farewell, I watched as she carried the coffee to his room. Before I exit the kitchen, the maid from earlier on came in and bringing in, which I assumed, were her clothesfor laundry. She stopped on her track and I’m amused at the fact that she looked rather embarrassed when she saw me. Fidgeting on her spot, her hands gripped tighter onto the basket and my eyes fell to it. My eyes narrowed as I saw the branded clothes. There was no way she could afford all those clothes by working as a maid and then the reality crashed down upon me.

I swallowed the hard knot on my throat and without me knowing, my left hand curled into a fist. Inhaling the much needed air, I returned to my casual self and relaxed. I finished my coffee and smiled at her.
 

“Laundry?”

Her eyes widened a little over my calm self and stuttered her answer. “Y- yes Mr. Nam. My laundry.”
 

 “I see.”

Fixing my jacket slowly, I walked to her and just stopped before the basket in her hand touched me. She took a step back and lowered her gaze to the floor.
 

“So tell me, from a scale of 1 to 10, how awful was my dad on the bed?”

She gasped and looked up at me, her face flamed scarlet and I knew I was right. There was no mistake that this woman in front of me was the one my father messing with at the moment. Or screwing to be more exact. But then she had the nerve to deny it.

“I don’t know what you are talking about Mr. Nam.”
 

Giving her my best smile, I tucked on the strands of hair on the side of her face and making sure my finger made contact with her skin. Her breath hitched and her pupils somewhat dilated. I mentally scoffed at how easy to manipulate this woman in front of me. No wonder my dad already laid his hands on her.

Don’t get me wrong. I wasn’t a person who would do things such like this to any women but those who had no respect on themselves would fall for it so easily. I didn’t give a damn on what the reporters wrote on their pathetic tabloid. Women loved to be around me and the feeling was mutual. Who would be stupid enough to decline when women offered to be your companion even if it was just for a day? Not Nam Woohyun. I would take the chances as long as I didn’t cross the boundaries.
 

“We could hang around sometime and I could show you what you’ve been missing.”

It disgusted me when this woman actually seemed to consider my offer. But of course I wasn’t being serious. I’m just testing how far this gold digger would do just to make sure her financial was going to be taken care of.

 

“Woohyun!”

I heard my father’s voice from the top of the stairs and I smirked knowing that he knew what I was doing. I learned from the best, after all. I looked up at him as I’m closing in the gap between me and the maid. My father was in rage I could tell, but I’m enjoying his wrath.I’ve always had. She wanted to back away but I made sure she couldn’t go anywhere as I pushed her hard against me. Lowering my mouth to her ear, I snarled my words.
 

“I want you to pack your things and get lost from this house. Do not come back even if that old man told you to. If I see you again the next time I’m here, I will make sure you are going to regret it. Understood?”

From the corner of my eyes, I saw that she was closed to tears and nodding her head repetitively. Scoffing, I let her go and without looking at my father, I got out from the house.

 

 

End of POV