Acknowledgement.

Over Before it Ever Began.

 

A quiet tune hummed to herself, she sat near the ally -lonely. Her weary smile as she stood up and pressed her back against the cold bricks of the building. Watching back and forth as people passed her in hurry, mothers chiding their children. All which ignored her. Except for the occasional dog that would walk by. She gave a sad smile, leaning down to brush her hand on the dog's coat. Going completely unnoticed by the owner speaking on the phone.
 
The dog whimpered and shook its fur. 
 
She sighed, returning back into the ally looking broken once again. Haunted by the scenes -repeating.
 
" I can't believe you did this to me! You're such a -a.. A JERK! I hope one day you'll find someone who'll break your heart!"
The clouds were gathering and the atmosphere was getting darker. Who would be causing such a commotion at this time? The disruptive in silence caused me to leave the ally way. Watching with slight curiosity.
 
" You should have known how I am."
A loud slap rang through the air, instinctively I flinched back as if I was the one receiving the hit. 
 
His head turned upon the connection of her hand to his face. Now his cold blank stare was on me. Eyes narrowing until evidently I didn't see them anymore.
My eyebrow scrunched up as the girl whom he was speaking to stalked off with tears overflowing her pretty face. 
I leaned closer to the brick wall, my finger tips touching it. 
 
Poor girl, I wonder what he could have done to make her so upset. 
 
It's not like I could go up and ask.. That would be rude.
 
And at this depressing joke, I giggled to myself.
 
" Yah! What's so funny?" He growled, ruffling up his brown hair. His stare was still on me and he seemed aggravated. 
 
Nothing, nothing is funny anymore. My eyes grew tenfold and I stumbled back -hoping that maybe there was somebody behind me and that I'd bump into them. Though, there wasn't. I turned my head to see the ally as empty as it's always been. Dark, cold, unforgiving ally -no living being in there.
 
" Hey! I'm talking to you." This tone of voice was directed towards me. This time I was positive of that.
 
But how? This is not supposed to happen.
 
" You can see me?" I gasped suddenly snapping my head towards him.
" Aish! Stupid girl. Of course I can. " He looked at me as if I was someone so unbelievable and dumb.
 
Am I really communicating with this guy? It's been such a long time since I held some sort of a conversation with anyone before. 
 
I shook my head, backing up from him. The feeling was so surreal and it sent my heart sinking down, recalling how it felt to have someone hear your voice. I could never have this again, why can he hear me. As confusing as this was, it sent glistening tears down my cheeks. Staining them once more.
 
" You're not supposed to." I whispered full of sorrow. 
 
" Bwoh?"
 
But he didn't even bother to wonder how she vanished into thin air.
 
" High school girls."
But he did wonder why she was still wearing her uniform.